Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does my posts need to be approved by moderator?

Default Why does my posts need to be approved by moderator?

And why my last two posts wasn't approved? Is this because I'm a new user? If so, how many post do I need to make for having permission to post normally?

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

New user posts are moderated, part of our methods of preventing spam/trolls.

Your two posts that were not approved were regarding leaked material which is not allowed. Even though it's only guitar lessons, we don't want to have any posts that are connected to the illegal distro of MM's art.

EDIT: I had to remove your Deep Six guitar lesson thread because you link directly to another guitar tab of leaked material from it as well. Please understand that we don't allow anything involving leaked material. Once the album is released, these can be shared freely.

what's the reason now?

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Until a new member reaches a certain number of posts, they are moderated. This is to prevent spam bots from coming in flooding the forum as they have before.

Ghetto Space Drac's Ghost Smoking Mirrors's Avatar

Older thread, but on topic - are you able to share with me the number of posts one must reach before the moderation/approval of posts ceases? Thanks

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Ghetto Space Drac's Ghost Smoking Mirrors's Avatar

Thank you:)

Posthuman

I've had two posts approved and two more that are still not approved after almost a day, I hope they go live soon and that I'll be able to post freely after that, otherwise I'd be kind of discouraged to take part in this forum.
    Last edited by Posthuman; 06-29-2017 at 06:34 PM.

I've been making posts for a week or so now and none have been approved, just checking what's going on if possible. Should I PM an admin to make sure what's up? Not a problem if it takes a bit, I understand the staff here is volunteer.

I get the need to be vigilant against spam, but I have been waiting OVER A WEEK to have my 2nd and 3rd posts approved. If the moderator is going to set such a high bar for new forum members than he/she really needs to be a bit more on top of making sure that posts get approved in a timely fashion. I get it that no one can be on here all the time, but making sure new posts are approved within 72 hours seems like it would be essential for this 3 post policy to work.

I agree with Posthuman wholeheartedly that when it takes OVER A WEEK for a post to get approved it is extremely discouraging. In fact, it has been months since my first post exactly for that reason. After I made my first post, I checked back every day for a week with nothing being posted. After that, I checked in only sporadically and when it finally went live I had lost interest in the discussion entirely. In fact, the thread where I made post #2 or #3 (can't remember which I did first) has gotten enough replies since that I feel what I had said is stupidly out of date and will look ridiculous when it finally goes live. You can see how this is wrong, yes?

I'm not expecting the moderator(s) to be instantly on the case, but more than 72 hours is unreasonable. Please remedy this.