Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does my posts need to be approved by moderator?

My account has been registered for over a month and I still have yet to have a single post approved, confused as to what I have to do to actually join this community at this point. I haven't flooded the board with posts so it adds to my confusion. Every week or so I check in and try to make some posts, check in and still nothing has been approved. What do I have to do to discuss my favorite band with likeminded people?

I'm still waiting for my posts to be approved.
    I wanted to know how many hours/days do I need to wait before I can finally see my posts and talk with other members of the board.
    Thank you
    "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks

I've been having this problem too....I tried to post in one of the tour threads about 3 days ago and it still hasn't gone through. I wouldn't be as annoyed but I had a time-sensitive question about a specific concert date, so I'm more than a little disgruntled at this point. I've been lurking on PM for years and while it's a very nicely run forum and an extremely well researched fan site, I really wish the mods did a better job at either approving the new posts faster or at the least letting the new users know that their posts are waiting to be approved. I hope that's not too much to ask, but I'm pretty tired of being in post limbo at the moment.

can somebody please approve the posts I've made?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I have approved a couple of both your posts, your counts are past 3 now, so should mean you're up and running.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

I was gonna say I thought it was 5 posts or so before new users were in the clear but didn't want to misspeak on the matter.

And correct me if I'm wrong, it's primarily an anti-spambot/troll defense, right?

Anyway...welcome!

;D

Muddy Knees

It's an anti-spam/troll defense, yes.

Why can't I add a signature? I keep trying and it just... doesn't appear under my posts. Do I have to reach a certain number of posts to have a signature?

Muddy Knees

No, you don't need a certain number of posts. When you add a signature it will only start showing up on every post you make after you've added it. It won't show up on any prior posts you've made.

I submitted a post a few days ago. When is it going to be approved?

I also sent a question to the admin through the "Contact Us", but didn't get a response.