Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Marilyn Manson Questions

I've whited out my name. Halo Infinity's Avatar

Default Miscellaneous Marilyn Manson Questions

It's exactly like the title says. Just ask an questions about Marilyn Manson that don't fit anywhere else. I thought I'd start with this question.

Is it very possible that Eat Me, Drink Me, The High End of Low, and Born Villain are actually a trilogy for 2007-2012? I'm actually getting that impression from those 3 albums.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-12-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Original AIDS provider.

What is Manson's favourite flavour of jelly bean?
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Is it very possible that Eat Me, Drink Me, The High End of Low, and Born Villain are actually a trilogy for 2007-2012? I'm actually getting that impression from those 3 albums.
    ive thought about that
    and i think it's possible

marilyn did state a long long long
    long long long
    long long
    long
    time ago
    that he "always works in three's"

if that's the case, what about TGAOG?
    is it in a world of its own?

maybe it goes TGAOG/EMDM/THEOL?
    it almost looks like the triptych
    TGAOG/EMDM seem to be complete polar opposites
    If TGAOG were ACSS, EMDM would be it's MA

EMDM/THEOL/BV
    would
    make a little more sense though
    i guess
    because they all feel more personal
    &
    they flow well together

"I'm a strip, strip, strip, and I flicker, flick, flick, flick
    A flicker of celluloid and there's holes, holes, holes
    In my everything"

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'm convinced THEOL is a sequel to EMDM. I'm not sure about BV, but yes I can see it being a trilogy despite what anyone may say. I think GAOG is an album of it's own. Like Portrait. But then again, of course they are all albums that can stand alone and fit perfectly outside of any grand trilogy concept.

It wouldn't make any sense for GAOG to be a part of EMDM. That would be a LONG stretch, and I call bullshit. But I do think there is a high chance of a trilogy as I said between the last 3 albums, if not BV, then definitely the two that precede it were related and go hand in hand.

Always wanted to see EMDM and THEOL performed together.

3 is an important number. 3 triptych. 3 triology. past-present-future. BV covers the aspect of 3 in numerology. Born Villian is either present or future. Transformation and transitions. Good/Evil, Light/Dark, I feel that there is one area he hasn't touched upon yet, and it isn't of dark element. Let me give you a hint: there is a picture of Twiggy at a piano in a white suit with sunglasses on.

Man can transition from dark to light, transform from evil to good. (but not in a christian type of ideal) As DC Marvels would express, "you can use evil to do good against other evils". He has been doing that since he started. Look at Danny McBride, his Kenny Powers character has made a huge transformation. If you follow him on FB, there is a recent post after the one about "hydra". (obviously Manson has clued him on something). Twiggy once said "The Marilyn side of Marilyn Manson, is far more scarier than the Manson side".

I just have the strangest sense that he's got a lot MORE to reveal. It's going to get even more interesting to see.
    I'd like to see more of the "present" time-frame that will give insights for the "future" time frame.

This post here, won't make much sense to any of you, but give it time. It will make sense later.

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    What is Manson's favourite flavour of jelly bean?
    I'd say licorice, so he can remember why he flirts with darkness and consumes darkness while having sweet dreams about darkness. =P

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyeLens View Post

Man can transition from dark to light, transform from evil to good. (but not in a christian type of ideal) As DC Marvels would express, "you can use evil to do good against other evils".
    Interestingly enough, I've always thought this way. Sometimes you can't always be good in order to fight back. Oh, and this really gives me another way to interpret Better of Two Evils. And with the number 3 in mind now, perhaps yes, he is the 3rd option that is better than the 2 evils. It also amazes me how the number 3 was even mentioned as far back as The Spooky Kids era, considering how there is a song that's actually called Negative Three.

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I'd say licorice, so he can remember why he flirts with darkness and consumes darkness while having sweet dreams about darkness. =P
    Don't be ridiculous. Nobody likes licorice.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Absinthe flavored mints. True story.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. Nobody likes licorice.
    Oh dear goodness, except me then. =P

Was Joey Jordison the only member from Slipknot that Marilyn Manson got to know, or did he also get know Corey Taylor, or Shawn Crahan? I'm just curious, since he seemed to be very cool with Joey.

I like licorice. Especially old fashioned all-sorts. I just don't like anise/licorice alcohol. Ouzo is sheer hell.
    "Even smiling makes my face ache."

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post