Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: 'Deep Six' Zeus Snakes Eros Psyche Narcissus Hell, Etc.

Default 'Deep Six' Zeus Snakes Eros Psyche Narcissus Hell, Etc.

Not sure if its been mentioned anywhere before but...

I am not formulating an idea about the song yet but I thought i would throw some myths and rambling thoughts into the mix for others to consider...

EROS is sore :

Cupid (desire) is the Roman counterpart of the Greek god EROS (god of love). love is evol.,,,,

PSYCHE :

in the song Manson mentions Eros whilst also mentioning Psyche elsewhere. The myth is that Cupid/Eros and Psyche (meaning soul in greek) Married.

In a different setting, Fulgentius, who was a christian historian/mythmaker or something...considered .(And you will like this one i think...) Psyche as an Adam figure (Think SNAKES.....),

SNAKES :

Also, speaking of snakes, Zues took the form of a snake to mate with his daughter... Persephone...

back to the point... in greek mythology (getting away from a Christian view) some stories of Eros and Psyche involve the Oracle commanding Psyches parents to sacrifice their daughter to a serpant/snake... Eros was in fact the serpant/snake and whilst they feared the snake would DEVOUR (another great reference) her, he instead took her away to marry her. He fell for her and seduced her... the snake seducing the young girl... the snake seducing Eve...? god of love was evil/evol?

EVOL? :

in the greek drama Symposium, Socrates has discussions with Agathon about whether or not Eros is good or Evil... Love or Desire...

also consider this book :

http://www.amazon.com/Eros-Evil-Psyc.../dp/0140039104

linking Eros with Evil... linking Eros with WITCHCRAFT... now POUND me the witch drums!

A STRANGER HAD A KEY... :

Pandoras box, another great Ancient greek story... Zeus created the first female... Pandora and gifted her in marriage.

Zeus gave the newlyweds a gift. a box and it was locked. It came with a note. The note said: "DO NOT OPEN." Attached to the note was a key. Pandora (EVE) gave into temptation (eve and the snake) and used the key to open the box. As she raised the lid, out flew all the bad things in the world today - envy, sickness, hate, disease. Pandora slammed the lid closed, but it was too late

now consider this :

"From an esoteric point of view, Pandora is not a woman in the ordinary sense. She is the symbolic representation of the feminine principle of receptivity and the nature of the subconscious. Pandora is directly connected to the power of the subconscious mind. This is the esoteric key to the entire myth!

What is the subconscious mind? Analytical psychologists such as, Freud and Jung, occultists such as Paracelsus and Dion Fortune, spiritualists, hypnotherapists and many others have well known the nature of the subconscious mind. The subconscious or more popular term unconsciousness mind is that receptive part of our mind where our hopes, fears and dreams are stored. The Wikipedia defines the unconscious as:

that part of the mind which gives rise to a collection of mental phenomena that manifest in a person's mind but which the person is not aware of at the time of their occurrence. These phenomena include unconscious feelings, unconscious or automatic skills, unnoticed perceptions, unconscious thoughts, unconscious habits and automatic reactions, complexes, hidden phobias and concealed desires.

This is very interesting from an esoteric point of view. Pandora was given certain gifts, skills and abilities by the Gods and Goddesses. She was also given a jar that contained many ills, phobias, complexes and desires. These are all contained in our subconscious mind. Our subconscious is a reservoir where we store all of our memories, hidden thoughts, fears and desires. It is the feminine or receptive balance to our everyday active conscious mind. What is really fascinating is that the subconscious mind has the power to manifest our most precious dreams and wishes, but also our fears, phobias and hidden desires. Pandora is called the "giver of all" and she is the giver of all gifts. Our subconscious mind can help us to realize our dreams or our illnesses. That is why it is so important to use our subconscious mind positively to help make our lives more happy and fulfilling.

What is in your Pandora's Box? We all carry hurts and pain from childhood, relationships and our past lives. It is important to find out if you are carrying any unresolved pain, anger or negativity in your box. As it can fester and cause all kinds of psychological and physical damage. Freud and Jung knew that psychological complexes can be cured by helping the patient to become aware of their own subconscious material. By becoming aware of things we have buried in our subconscious, we can heal ourselves. Carl Jung even went a step further than Freud and said that by becoming more aware of our subconscious we make ourselves more whole."

NARCISUS and EROS

one myth goes that Narcisus was the most handsome in the land and would reject anyone who showed love for him (male or female). He felt no pity for them for being Loves/Eros victims. Unfortunately Eros heard him and shot Echo with his arrow making her fall in love with Narcissus. She called to him (in echo cause she couldn't speak and also she was invisible thanks to aphrodite making her dissapear) to come to the lake which he did and as he looked into the water looking for the voice of Echo, Eros shot him again so that he fell in love with his reflection.

of course.. Narcissism can always creep into the psyche...

its like a stranger (eros) had a key to my mind, moved all my things around... and now i am in love with myself... a narcissist...
    Narcisus didn't know snakes(Eros was a snake after all for Psyche) could hear their prey (Narcisus was badmouthing Eros but he heard) (still not sure of the lyrics though)

SOMETHING OF WAX

Still need the lyrics, but interestingly the first time Psyche saw her husband, Eros, in his actual self (he always hid his true looks from her) she was standing over him with a candle as he slept. she was mesmerised by his beauty and let wax drip on him, hurting him, and he flew away whilst his mother aphrodite called for a divorce.

This led to Psyche begging for a second chance and Aphrodite gave her 4 challenges, the last of which was for Psyche to travel to the underworld/hell/under water (Deep 6?) and steal persephone's beauty cream which Aphrodite wanted. Psyche couldn't resist however and opened the box and immediately fell to the ground laying there like a sleeping corpse. (need a bed to sleep in... IF thats the lyrics)

funnily enough, there is a narcissus flower... "the poets flower" which produces a WAX.. the narcissus wax of course its from the myth of Narcisuss staring so long at his reflection that he had flowers growing on him

and it just so happens to be one of the best line/part of any Genesis or potentially prog rock song : (From "Suppers Ready" about 15 minutes into the song or something ) "We watch in reverence, as Narcissus is turned to a flower. / A flower?"

also see pictures 1 and 4 for Dali's visions/inspirations of the narcissus & flower - http://www.newstatesman.com/cultural...alvador-dali-0

SIN IS SINCERE, CON is CONFIDENCE

one of the three greatest sins in Greek mythology was hubris (arrogance/confidence). So a SIN is CONfidence...
    Who was confident? NARCISUS

also quite funny is the fact that sincere has been said to have come from the word NO WAX apparently :

"During the Renaissance, Spanish sculptors who made mistakes while carving expensive marble often patched their flaws with cerawax. A statue that had no flaws and required no patching was hailed as a sculpture sin cera or a sculpture without wax. The phrase eventually came to mean anything honest or true. The English word sincere evolved from the Spanish sin cerawithout wax.

Though all the stories claim in the end that sincere comes from without wax, the details vary widely. Sometimes the people trying to disguise flaws in stone were ancient Greek quarrymen, sometimes Roman sculptors, construction workers, or architects."

Con definitions : steer the course of a vessel / ship (like deep six being a nautical term) or it can mean to study/examine carefully

DEEP SIX / SIX FEET DEEP

Some versions of narcissus story indicate that narcissus drowned in a well.... Deep six is a term used for describing the depth at which things are not recoverable in nautical terms... So someone drowns and they are six feet deep (dead)

Psyche also tried to drown herself in a river at one point.

Apart from that deep six is obviously also used in terms of hiding things..
    Last edited by Crystalarts; 01-01-2015 at 02:32 PM.

2. Like 10 Member(s) liked this post

Thank you for this interpretation! I found this very interesting
    Im An Entity In Which Is Invisible To Mankind...

Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    Thank you for this interpretation! I found this very interesting
    your welcome, but its not an interpretation as such... just throwing a variety of potential greek mythological references at the lyrics.

I need to see more album lyrics before i i try to figure it out. but its a start. and hopefully someone else reads this and thinks "oh yeah" and they can make a more accurate interpretation from some of the above info.

Thank you for these associations! Since most of Mansons lyrics seem to be criture automatique and thus quite intricate, I often face difficulties when analyzing them.

There is one flaw in this, the book "The Age of Manipulation: The Con in Confidence, The Sin in Sincere". It's about subliminal messages, advertising and mass manipulation, and it came out in 1989, the year a certain little South Florida band formed. The line "It's like a stranger came into my mind/and moved all my things around" alone takes on an entire new meaning when you read it, which you can do now since I uploaded it to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwO...RIQURuUEk/view

7. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

You wanna know what Zeus said to Narcissus? You better watch yourself.

Narcissus did watch himself, his reflection. It just dawned on me now and I feel retarded for not catching that sooner.

Rhonda
    Follow twiggylove1569 On Twitter Visit twiggylove1569's Youtube Channel

Default Lyric: Eros (is) sore

The lyric "Eros is sore" - Eros/Sore is also an anagram.

I was helping my 9 year old daughter with her homework this evening. Anagrams just happened to be the topic of study on her worksheet.

🌟✨🔒🔑🔓🔥💡💨🔗💥 💫🆒🆗
    I'm just a pitiful anonymous
    [SIGPIC]I love to live this lie.

Clever analysis, but I agree with HG131 in that the lyrics mainly derive from the book he mentioned (thank you by the way for uploading it). It's a book I recommend to all Manson fans, which I am in the process of reading. I'm confident there are more connections to be discovered in the book. THE PALE EMPEROR appears to be quite a grand statement to the public, and I don't doubt the book's focus on speaking to the mainstream is relevant to the album.