Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Age of Manipulation: The Con in Confidence, The Sin in Sincere

Deep 6 ..echo 66
    Sex
    6ft deep

Its hidden in plain sight..it just sounds different.
    It would make a great vaniy tag for a car.6sex6
    Last edited by Elizabeth Casto; 01-05-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Add Akhenaten on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Casto View Post
    Deep 6 ..echo 66
    Sex
    6ft deep

Its hidden in plain sight..it just sounds different.
    It would make a great vaniy tag for a car.6sex6
    I hear it too, no matter how much i try to convince myself the lyrics are otherwise. it has a noticeable effect on me - plays right in to what's being discussed here. Just a tad uncanny.

Thank you for posting your discovery of this book, HG131. How did you stumble upon it? I'm utterly fascinated, and i endeavour to buy it as soon as i can from what I've read. I look forward to seeing this topic grow… hopefully I'll have something more to contribute in due time.
    The livin' are dead and I hope to join them too. I know what to do and I do it well.

I ordered the book on Amazon. Looking through the books sample on Amazon, the page that is Chapter One has 3 quotes. The last being "in many ways creativity and mental illness are opposites of the same coin" by someone named Anton Ehrenzweig.

I feel like I've seen this quote before, somewhere. I don't know if Manson has said it (or something similar) in an interview or in Long Hard Road or hell, maybe he quoted it himself in Long Hard Road....but I know I've seen that somewhere and it seems like I saw it in a Manson context... Does that strike anyone else as familiar?

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten View Post
    I hear it too, no matter how much i try to convince myself the lyrics are otherwise. it has a noticeable effect on me - plays right in to what's being discussed here. Just a tad uncanny.

Thank you for posting your discovery of this book, HG131. How did you stumble upon it? I'm utterly fascinated, and i endeavour to buy it as soon as i can from what I've read. I look forward to seeing this topic grow… hopefully I'll have something more to contribute in due time.
    Someone posted a link to the Amazon page in The Nachtkabarett Facebook Group, just noticing the title and the fact it was the same as the lyric. Then I went and found a download for the book (on page two or three of Google, so harder than usual) since I figured there might be more useful stuff inside. When hit with an Alice quote and another Deep Six lyric, I knew for sure. After that, I just sat and read the book for hours. I'm still amazed that this means it took us 19 years almost to discover the origin of "The Beautiful People". Also, sorry, Chrome STILL won't load the Provider Module site. I'm fine with all other sites, just this one is an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    I ordered the book on Amazon. Looking through the books sample on Amazon, the page that is Chapter One has 3 quotes. The last being "in many ways creativity and mental illness are opposites of the same coin" by someone named Anton Ehrenzweig.

I feel like I've seen this quote before, somewhere. I don't know if Manson has said it (or something similar) in an interview or in Long Hard Road or hell, maybe he quoted it himself in Long Hard Road....but I know I've seen that somewhere and it seems like I saw it in a Manson context... Does that strike anyone else as familiar?
    It does sound familiar. I provided a download link so you can read the entire thing, minus the two missing pages, now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwO...ew?usp=sharing just to repost it This isn't the source I downloaded from, because I uploaded it to my own Google Drive instead so you can download it from a safe source (I run four antiviruses, so I wasn't worried getting it).

Sorry if I have a few typos. Due to errors in Chrome, I'm currently in Tor.

Also, editing is STILL spazzing out. Could someone please look into this so I can link my posts properly? So I don't have to remember:

Part Five, or the Antipriest

Ignore me, just seeing if I can edit if I don't add a link. If you see me, that's a yes.\

So, yes. What is going on with the forum?

Alright then, just cleaned everything I can think of, even wiped my free space. That didn't work. Downloaded Firefox to see if it would work. It did not. Only Tor is connecting to Provider Module right now. So it must be my IP. Huh.
    Last edited by HG131; 01-06-2015 at 06:46 AM.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

And it's working again.

Manic Queen Of Depression Coma_White's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HG131 View Post
    Someone posted a link to the Amazon page in The Nachtkabarett Facebook Group, just noticing the title and the fact it was the same as the lyric. Then I went and found a download for the book (on page two or three of Google, so harder than usual) since I figured there might be more useful stuff inside. When hit with an Alice quote and another Deep Six lyric, I knew for sure. After that, I just sat and read the book for hours. I'm still amazed that this means it took us 19 years almost to discover the origin of "The Beautiful People". Also, sorry, Chrome STILL won't load the Provider Module site. I'm fine with all other sites, just this one is an issue.

It does sound familiar. I provided a download link so you can read the entire thing, minus the two missing pages, now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwO...ew?usp=sharing just to repost it This isn't the source I downloaded from, because I uploaded it to my own Google Drive instead so you can download it from a safe source (I run four antiviruses, so I wasn't worried getting it).

Sorry if I have a few typos. Due to errors in Chrome, I'm currently in Tor.

Also, editing is STILL spazzing out. Could someone please look into this so I can link my posts properly? So I don't have to remember:

Part Five, or the Antipriest

Ignore me, just seeing if I can edit if I don't add a link. If you see me, that's a yes.\

So, yes. What is going on with the forum?

Alright then, just cleaned everything I can think of, even wiped my free space. That didn't work. Downloaded Firefox to see if it would work. It did not. Only Tor is connecting to Provider Module right now. So it must be my IP. Huh.
    I don't see any pages missing...thanks for the download, really interesting read.

I'm really enjoying this read.... thanks again for sharing

<3
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Coma_White View Post
    I don't see any pages missing...thanks for the download, really interesting read.
    It's in the 190s, I mentioned it in one of the posts. It's only one scan/2 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    I'm really enjoying this read.... thanks again for sharing

<3
    No problem.

That said, I still can't add links with an edit. Oh well.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

It's essentially his manifesto. I find that interesting and highly entertaining. Entertaining in a way some people will call it digging too deep even though if you read the entire thing, there are exact verbatim references to his song lyrics within. I have a similar thread coming on the 20th. Prepare. No, not a stupid one. But all I will say, so I can say I called it, is to read "As a Man Thinketh" by James Allen.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 01-08-2015 at 07:24 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

12. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

This really IS and EXCELLENT find...thanks SO MUCH for speaking up and sharing it with the rest of us!

Although, I would like to add that the term "the beautiful people" VASTLY predates the publication of this book, as illustrated in Manson's near-constant citation of the Beatles classic "Baby, You're a Rich Man" before and/or during his live performances of "The Beautiful People," for instance.

That said, despite Manson's interest in McLuhan not really seeming to fully reach fruition until '98 and even considering his longstanding and well-documented adoration of the Beatles (as well as the fact that "The Beautiful People" first appeared in live performances of "My Monkey," itself a Beatles/Manson mash-up of sorts), the fact that THIS book not only uses the term as well but ALSO does so in conjunction with likewise serving as the apparent source of the refrain of the song immediately preceding "The Beautiful People" is TRULY compelling!

Which is my long-winded way of saying FUCKING AWESOME, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by HG131 View Post
    This is why there's entire websites devoted to analysing Manson's work, because he encodes this much into it. When you think about it, there should be a "Manson's Reading List" compiled from all the books he references.

Well, pages 192 and 193 are missing. Fuck.
    OMFG, iknorite?!?

Also, FEAR NOT, I've gotcha covered!

Firstly, with some scans I whipped-up just for this occasion...

PAGE 192

PAGE 193

Annnnd, also, with ANOTHER scan I thought might be in order at the moment!

This is from my personal copy of Marilyn Manson's "Reality Transmission" newsletter from 1994, wherein he happens to provide a list of citations and influences for that specific era, exactly like we'd ALL wish he'd do for EACH era!

Comprehensively, I mean, as opposed to sprinkled throughout dozens of press junkets, lol.

Anyway, it's only tangentially related to the discussion at hand, but I thought you and others might still get a kick out of it and find it instructive, nevertheless...

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    I was going to read this anyway, when I heard that Manson recommended it...
    Wait, WAT.

I guess I missed that part?

If anyone could link me/all-of-us to wherever Manson mentioned it that'd be AWESOME, thanks!

Lastly, I'd just like to add that whatever the fuck it is Manson's up to with his subliminal, dastardly, manipulative marketeering...

IT'S DEFINITELY
    FUCKING WORKING

\m/

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post