Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: THE PALE EMPEROR - FAN REVIEWS (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Default THE PALE EMPEROR - FAN REVIEWS (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Now that the album is officially made available to stream - use this thread for your reviews.

THE PALE EMPEROR is now available to listen to exclusively at Genius.com

THEPALEEMPEROR.GENIUS.COM

Everyone already posted their reviews on ETS.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

I think Mephistopheles is honestly one of the best songs he ever made, and the lyrics from Slave Only Dreams To Be King are just phenomenal, one of the best I've seen from him as well.

Overall, I'd give the album a solid 8,5/10.

Best songs:
    Deep Six, Mephistopheles, Slave Only Dreams To Be King and Cupid Carries a gun hold the titles for me.

Song I least liked:
    Birds Of Hell Awaiting

Fuck, everyone is asleep and I'm refreshing the page to see people's opinion of the record. Argh.

5. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Wouldn't rate it at the moment, but really liking it. It's cohesive, which is something that I've sorely missed in the last couple albums. Manson's style of writing lyrics, which I think started to change around EMDM, finally seems to be finding itself here on this album.

As of now, The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles is probably my favorite track. Good lyrics, great tunes and catchy as hell. That actually kind of sums up the entire album for me.

I agree with Scorpion on Birds of Hell Awaiting, though. I think Manson said it was the first song they recorded and it feels like it to me.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'll probably write a legitimate review once I've fully awoken but ....Slave through Odds.... this is music to off somebody in the swamp to.

9. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    flyflyflyflyflyflyflyflyf

Best album in years, definitely. Been listening to it non-stop since the leak and it has become my favorite MM album along with MA and ACSS. It's up there. It's a grower like all the greatest albums. The bar has been raised again.

It has zero filler or weak tracks. The only track that I do not love is "Slave Only Dreams to Be King" and it is still not a bad song by any means. In fact the intro and outro speech thing makes it an essential track to listen to and own. All other tracks are some of the best MM songs ever. IMO "Deep Six" pales in comparison to all other songs on there. It's hard hitting and sweet as a single but the other songs are monsters. In that sense this album is like other great MM albums wherein the album tracks are much better than the singles.

Except "Third Day of A Seven Day Binge". It's such a grower. When I first got the album I found myself wanting to skip over it and listen to the rest of the album since I had already heard it many times before. On continued listenings though, I'd say it's one my favorite songs ever, period. And the acoustic version, oh.. That alone is worth the price of the album. It has transcendental qualities.

Similar thing happened with "Birds of Hell Waiting". On the first few listens, I thought it was a week long ass masturbatory kind of song with repeated lyrics. Felt like skipping it. Now, it's one of my most favorite songs ever. It is so hypnotic and sexy. I'd say it is inspired by The Doors in that sense. Lyrics wise less is more with this song. MM's vocals act as a musical instrument here and compliment the music perfectly. How MM went from vocals that hurt the ears in some of the previous albums to this mastery here is fucking amazing and something that gives me great joy as a fan to witness.

All the tracks here are essentials but some others I especially love at this moment are "TMOLA", "Warship My Wreck" and "Odds Of Even". MM uses his somewhat fractured vocals perfectly on Warship.. and Odds of Even. Especially the last parts of Odds of Even. That's some goosebumps giving shit right there.

The lyrics are stellar throughout the album and flow perfectly with the music.

For exceeding my expectations manyfolds, strongly reaffirming my somewhat dwindling faith in MM, and just being perfect and amazing throughout I give The Pale Emperor 9.5/10.
    Last edited by Dope Box; 01-11-2015 at 11:45 PM.

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I really want to do an in-depth review of this record, its influences and obscure references. But (A) I'm on a cell phone, and (B) my girlfriend is coming over shortly, so I don't have enough time.

This record is phenomenal. I think this is the cinematic film-score album Manson has been aiming for since The High End Of Low. Every track is essential.
    Last edited by The Overman; 01-12-2015 at 12:01 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

I'm half way... I'm on Devil Beneath My Feet now. I have some thoughts, need to hear this more and LOVE it so far.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

By the way, does anyone else really want to see "Slave Only Dreams To Be King" become a podium song live, like "Antichrist Superstar" and "The Love Song"? I could even see them bring out the podium, teaser the ACSS intro, then break out into "Slave" instead.
    Last edited by The Overman; 01-12-2015 at 12:09 AM.

17. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    By the way, does anyone else really want to see "Slave Only Dreams To Be King" become a podium song live, like "Antichrist Superstar" and "The Love Song"?
    That would be nice.

The guitar effect leading into the first verse immediately reminded me of the theremin (or whatever the fuck it is) in Dope Hat.
    Last edited by VelvetAIDS; 01-12-2015 at 12:10 AM.