Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: THE PALE EMPEROR - FAN REVIEWS (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

I've listened to Birds of Hell Awaiting very closely today and I noticed that there is a very significant part of the saxophone in the chorus. I thought it's either distorted guitar or synthesizer, but I'm pretty sure it's saxophone.

My top 5

1. Third Day Of A Seven Day Binge
    2. The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles
    3. Deep Six
    4. Cupid Carries A Gun
    5. Killing Strangers

I only listened to the album on Spotify a couple of times though, my physical copies haven't arrived yet.
    Last edited by pabloccb; 01-22-2015 at 02:34 PM.

My favorite song right now is Devil beneath my feet. It's strangley upbeat, and I really like it. It has a cool, almost QOTSA groove to it, and the transition after the chorus is just sexy.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Okay, this album has been growing on me. Not quite as good as recnt ones, but it's fresh. Can't stop listening to: Cupid, slave, Mephistopheles, and Odds of Even.

I've come around on Warship My Wreck, I still think the vocals are sloppy though. I still can't get into Birds Of Hell Waiting.

Top 5 right now:

MOLA
    Deep SIX
    Slave
    3rd Day
    Killing Strangers

Cupid
    Day 3
    Killing
    Deep
    Fated, Faithful, Fatal
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

Iīve put this album in top 3, but honestly, even if I didnīt want to admit it at first, this might actually be my favorite MM album. The musical direction is everything I expected from him/them. I listened to this album every day since it leaked and then more since I bought the album, good quality makes a BIG difference. I always have music on and after thinking what I should listen to next, I get my album copy and play it again. Today I was in the mood for Holy Wood, saw The Pale Emperor first and had to play it. I actually want to listen to it as much as I can, this happened last with a MM album in 2003 with GAOG because even if EMDM is my favorite album from him (or second, now?), at first I found it to be a bit boring.

Iīm becoming a fanboy again :D
    Last edited by Iulian; 01-26-2015 at 12:18 PM.
    What?

Come to the dark side Black Dahlia's Avatar

I'm definitely into the whole album but the songs I really dig are: Deep six, Slave only dreams to be king, Killing strangers and Third day of a seven day binge.