Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: THE PALE EMPEROR - FAN REVIEWS (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by oysterboy View Post
    Commenting to add that Warship my Wreck is my favourite on the album as well. One of my favourites from Manson in general. I've been listening to it repeatedly since the leak.
    It is an epic song ,is vocal are incredible in it ,this era is gonna be the best we've got in a decade !!!
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

2. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by SampleOfSoul View Post
    Great song, but I have a question. I thought that the lyric was:

You can't really say I'm breaking the rules
    If I can glue them back together.

But Genius says it's:
    You can't ever say that I'm breaking the rules
    If I can't glue them back together

Their version makes less sense, IMO. Any opinions?
    I had exactly the same thought while reading the lyrics. Their version doesn't make any sense...

I just got to listen the Album (punctual as always), and I have to say that I find it astounding. I is wonderfully atmospheric, like an enigmatic, haunting soundtrack... I spontaneously fell for "Warship my Wreck and the epic "Odds of Even". This is exactly the album I have been waiting for since Holy Wood. :)
    Last edited by Mercurius; 01-12-2015 at 08:25 AM.

flyflyflyflyflyflyflyflyf

Just want to say - Guys, don't discount "Birds of Hell Waiting" just yet after the initial few listens. I found it grew on me big time by the third or fourth day of listening to the album when I got used to some of the more ear catching tunes and the initial urge to judge and rate every second of the album died down. It has a sexy hypnotic quality to it that comes into effect maybe after the listener has become familiar with the song structure. It grew to be one of my favorites from the album and I imagine it can potentially grow on others too.

Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    Everyone already posted their reviews on ETS.
    where?

15/10

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

That guitar solo on Odds of Even is fucking beautiful. It sounds like something out of Pink Floyd! Can't get over how good Slaves is either. Only disappointing track for me is Devil Beneath My Feet. I can't stand it haha. Worse song since Mutilation imo. I really dislike how people discredit past albums when a new one comes out. BV was a great record and HEOL has some killer songs on it also. And to me EMDM was the last real Manson "era". I think what will make or break this era is the live performances. Can Manson go back to the themed performances like before?Big stage production and the like? I already love how he's already played more songs of this album than the last before it even came out haha.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

You know, I'm not musically inclined by any means, and I too thought I heard something Pink Floyd ish when I heard that part of odds of even...
    Last edited by Manson15Marilyn; 01-12-2015 at 09:23 AM.
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dope Box View Post
    Just want to say - Guys, don't discount "Birds of Hell Waiting" just yet after the initial few listens. I found it grew on me big time by the third or fourth day of listening to the album when I got used to some of the more ear catching tunes and the initial urge to judge and rate every second of the album died down. It has a sexy hypnotic quality to it that comes into effect maybe after the listener has become familiar with the song structure. It grew to be one of my favorites from the album and I imagine it can potentially grow on others too.
    I downloaded the album the moment it leaked (the same day as Deep Six was released officially) and I still don't like it. I don't skip it, just can't enjoy it. Mostly because of the "southern-sounding" guitar, which I hate. Another reason may be that I never liked blues and this track is obviously inspired by blues and southern rock, which are two genres I simply can't stand.
    What I like about this song though is the echoed voice and some of the lyrics. So, I don't hate the track, it's still good, just compared to the rest of the album, it's my least favorite. Second to least favorite would be Killing Strangers, which is also a bit "southern", at least in some parts.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Default magical and bombastical.

the first thing i noticed was the lack of effects both in the music and in vocals. this record feels fresh and real like he wants to let us know that he is a real musician.
    this record just keeps growing and growing on me and as always manson delivers quality music with a new and original sound.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

OK. I was too tired to stay up last night to wait for this. I woke up at 2:30 am and saw that this was stream able. Now the review i have been waiting to give.

The Pale Emperor is the best album i have listened to in a long time. Tyler Bates did a phenomenal job on the instrumentals, and gave Manson a lot of material to work with. Working with Tyler might of gave Manson the CONfidence to make a good record, or a record at all, but Tyler also gave this record the confident sound it needed. The new sound and attitude of this album drew Manson to the studio, and recorded a terrific record. Tracks like "Warship My Wreck", "Odds Of Even", and "Killing Strangers" required a strong vocal performance, and that's what Manson delivered. The song "The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles" is the song that represents the album in its entirely. It was originally supposed to be the Main Titles of the album, but The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles worked just as good.
    This album is about breaking the rules, and that is what Warship My Wreck is about. "You can't ever say i'm breaking the rules, if i can glue them back together", giving a live of hope, is that in the end, after Destroying The So-Called, you can fix it. Worshiping his wreckage.
    Blues is a big element in this record, and songs like "The Devil Beneath My Feet", "Birds Of Hell Awaiting", and "Third Day Of A Seven Day Binge" carry that element to the max. The Groovy rhythm of the bass and drums. I wouldn't be surprised if Manson was dancing while singing to it. It has that hard, pop-like, punk-like sound to it, that brings a new audience. This album doesn't have a Target Audience. Anybody will like it.
    Cinematics, which is a element that Manson personally has always wanted in his albums, is here. Tyler Bates, a film and TV score writer, has delivered that Cinematic quality to this album.

"Killing Strangers": This is probably the anthem of this album. "We got guns", and "We're Killing Strangers so we don't kill the ones that we love". are the lyrics that tell you that they pack DAMNOLITION, and they might when i comes to Dynamite. This gives awesome guitar work, and makes a great opener to a album.

"Deep Six": The first official single of this album, and has had many high ratings for being a kick-ass track. Manson changes his tone during this song, singing in a much higher pitch than normal. Which is very odd, but very cool. Manson experimenting with his vocals, and changing them somewhat a lot apart from that last two records.

"Third Day Of A Seven Day Binge": Day 3. This was the first we heard of from this album. The groovy, punk-like rhythm of the bass and the persistent guitar work makes you initial fall in love with this song. "Rather Be Your Victim, than be with you" is a line you will never forget.

"The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles": The track that represents the whole album. This song has a strong badass, yet somewhat industrial tone to it. A favorite of Manson, which has the lines of "Fated, Faithful, Fatal", which Manson will get tattooed across his neck. Rumored to be the next official single, this song delivers a great Rock And Roll vibe.

"Warship My Wreck": This track specifically has the most cinematics in it. The amazing instrumentals of drums, loud guitars, and spacious pianos, gives Manson no choice, but to deliver a vocal performance just as big to balance it out. The reverb of his vocals is a huge effect in this song, and throughout the album. I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't the next single.

"Slave Only Dreams To Be King": I was expecting a soft, acoustic-tone sound of this song when i first heard the title, but when i heard this at first, i was stunned. The badass intro of a sample from Poems of Power - Ella Wheeler Wilcox, gives that evil feel to it. The heavy guitar riffs is what stunned you to bang your head along to. The heavy chorus gives you frission. Very industrial fell.

"The Devil Beneath My Feet": Pounding drums open this track with a bluesy bass rhythm that follows. Manson comes in saying "Don't want your God and His higher power. Want power to get higher." Talking about power, being a emperor/king. Then heavy guitar comes in as Manson says the chorus of "Don't bring your black heart to bed. When I wake up you best be Gone. Or you better be dead." Confusing Manson's girlfriend Lindsay Usich that the lyrics might be, or aren't about her. "Too many pill, and not enough kill".

"Birds Of Hell Awaiting": This was the first track they recorded. This track has that, once again, Swampy Blues tone. This is probably my least favorite on this album, but i still like it, a lot. Opens with a distorted scream of Manson and has a slow tempo drum follow. I don't have much to say of this track.

"Cupid Carries A Gun": This is probably my favorite track on this album. This song captures the dark, cinematic, and yet, complicated instrumentals that Bates brilliantly choreographed. The acoustic guitars are what gives this track that dark, Witch-like tone. The legendary lyrics "Pound me the witch drums.." and "Better pray for hell, not hallelujah".

"Odds Of Even": Wolves of hell howl while devouring their prey. This soft, slow moving track makes fantastic outro of a fantastic album. "This is the House Of Death, even angels die in the arms of demons...". These lyrics let you know that it is the end. "No one is exempt from the odds of even". No one can escape death. What are the odds of it being even? A brilliant song. The longest running duration on the album, of a 6:23.

10/9
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

15. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post