Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samples and recording artefacts

Default Samples and recording artefacts

I posted this a few days ago in the thread on the song in the main forum, and it's been bugging me ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    There is a rather lengthy sample in this song, which sounds like it's spoken in a woman's voice, that has been deliberately hidden in the mix. The first time I can hear it in the song is at 2:12, and the only word I can make out is "people" at 2:22. The sample ends at 2:26. I think it MIGHT be something like "how can (they, we, I) explain to (these, the) people...".

Any help?
    Can anyone with a better ear than mine listen and try to make it out? And on a broader note, is there anything else hidden in the record?

Oh, the song is "Slave Only Dreams To Be King" btw. >.>
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

I hear it too probably be wise to use audacity. I can't make out a single word.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

I want to know what is being said throughout Warship my Wreck!

Quote Originally Posted by Over neath Man View Post
    I want to know what is being said throughout Warship my Wreck!
    It sounds like some sort of deconstruction of this Lou Reed quote. This is the full quote, which you can't hear in the song, but in full, it does sound like something that Marilyn Manson would repeat in reference to himself.

“You can’t ask me to explain the lyrics because I won’t do it…I always believed that I have something important to say and I said it. That’s why I survived because I still believe I’ve got something to say.”

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I had no idea there was even any samples in Warship.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dust Man View Post
    It sounds like some sort of deconstruction of this Lou Reed quote. This is the full quote, which you can't hear in the song, but in full, it does sound like something that Marilyn Manson would repeat in reference to himself.
    Where in the song is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dust Man View Post
    This would also explain the reasoning of Manson not giving out his lyrics in an album booklet. I will have to listen for that. Good find.

I am not hearing any distorted parts.
    Last edited by blue angel; 01-23-2015 at 03:43 PM.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I can't hear a thing in Warship My Wreck.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Sorry. I quoted the wrong post. What I found is in "Slave Only Dreams to Be King."

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

There is DEFINITELY something in "Warship My Wreck".

3:36-3:39 is the only part of the song in which I can hear it, and I can't make anything out - it's incredibly faint in the mix, much moreso than even the sample I mentioned in "Slave". I can't make out any of the words, but it sounds like a mechanized voice similar to the ones in "Track 99" or "Untitled" off ACSS and MA respectively.

I'm not just hearing this; it's definitely there. My speakers are at very odd angles, which might account for it being clearer to me.

Can anyone else confirm? I do not have an Internet connection on anything other than this phone, so I can't try to isolate it.
    Last edited by The Overman; 01-26-2015 at 10:28 PM.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.