Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front row for MM?

Default Front row for MM?

I've been a fan since '99, but something has always come up when he's toured in my area; 11 Feb. at the Fillmore in Denver will be the first MM show I have attended.

First and foremost, I'm a NIN fan. I've always been on the rail for Trent, or as close as I can get (just behind the disabled at Red Rocks, for instance). I will queue up massively early to get a good spot.

I'm wondering just how early I need to be out there for Manson. The show, last I checked, is not even sold out yet, and it's a small venue -- something like 3700 capacity. It's also February in Colorado, so I'm not looking forward to potential snow, and freezing my ass off for hours. Doors open at 6:30.

I'm 5-foot-nothing, so getting the rail ensures that I can breathe, and am not squished between taller people (2nd row is a world apart from the rail, and a million times less comfortable for a short person like me).

If anyone has queued up for Manson recently, at what time did a reasonable line start to form? Do I need to be there before noon? Are MM fans insane enough to be out in the AM during Colorado winter?

Thanks for any and all replies.

Muddy Knees

The last show I arrived to was around 10:00 a.m. and there were already two fans waiting (although, we became good friends during the wait and I got front and center anyway). There's others here with much more experience in this matter than I, but I'd recommend showing up around 10 to get a spot you want.

3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I have been to many Manson shows
    The last 4 I attended in the years of 2012-2013
    I was in the front to all of them, all the shows I attended the doors opened at 7 pm
    I usually got in line about the same time at all of them around 11:30-Noon and there is usually a few people already there
    In my opinion it is well worth it because the show and experience are that much better
    I am going to the one in Milwaukee on Feb 7th and plan on doing the same thing

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Beware of crazy fuckers who will claw, pull hair, elbow, push etc to try and get your spot. Seems to be the younger female variety lol
    A good trick is that if someone behind you starts acting like they are in pain or need help to try and steal a spot, just tell the security in front that person is in distress and needs to get out of the pit, cause once they are lifted out they are gone for good haha. It usually shuts the fakers up pretty damn quick.

6. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

People will wait all day... I've done it. If you want to get a spot on the barrier, you better get there before 10am. I've waited all day and then got screwed when going through security and ended up in the second row.

You could get there at 8am and still have some asshole security guard or someone who doesn't know what they're doing at the venue fuck everything up for you. It's infuriating but I see it happen at almost every show. Get there at 10am the latest and talk to everyone around you in line - people who wait literally all day together tend to look out for each other in the pit and make sure everyone is where they belong. Also anyone who waits in line all day is generally awesome to make friends with regardless. But yeah, 10am the latest.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow TheDevilBeneathMyFeet on Tumblr Visit TheDevilBeneathMyFeet's Instagram Channel

the Show i am going to is at 8pm x-x i was going to get there around 3pm but should i get there sooner?
    I Don't mind being in one of the first few 2-4 rows

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilBeneathMyFeet View Post
    the Show i am going to is at 8pm x-x i was going to get there around 3pm but should i get there sooner?
    I Don't mind being in one of the first few 2-4 rows
    Maybe 1pm to be safe? I've noticed a definitive trend in marilyn manson line waiting, in that a group of people will start the line at 8am, and LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE EVER shows up until around 1-2pm. That being said, if you don't mind being in "rows" 2-4, my best suggestion would be 1pm.

Also, has anyone else noticed this trend as well? Is it just a northeast thing?

Follow TheDevilBeneathMyFeet on Tumblr Visit TheDevilBeneathMyFeet's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Maybe 1pm to be safe? I've noticed a definitive trend in marilyn manson line waiting, in that a group of people will start the line at 8am, and LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE EVER shows up until around 1-2pm. That being said, if you don't mind being in "rows" 2-4, my best suggestion would be 1pm.

Also, has anyone else noticed this trend as well? Is it just a northeast thing?
    My Boyfriend who i'm going with is going to think i'm crazy lol. At least we can save each others spot for bathroom breaks. Hopefully it won't be that cold either, i don't really want to have to check in my jacket/coat.
    Who knows i might luck out. I think Noon-1 is a good idea.
    This is my first "Real" Concert. All my others have been sitting down like at nikon theater or small city venues. I'm excited but still freaked that i might fuck it up

I had a fast lane ticket and arrived there around 4:30. Still got a decent spot up front near the middle. But the center went to "the most passionate fan." SIze for many didn't seem to matter as long as they could see and get as close as possible.