Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are tickets so expensive?

Default Why are tickets so expensive?

From looking at Stubhub and related sites, all of his tickets seem to be listed at $70 or higher. Many are above $100.

Why is this? I would expect an artist like Manson to have a price range of $35-$50, which would be much more reasonable. I can easily afford these tickets, but it's weird that an artist like Manson who hasn't been huge in the mainstream for over ten years can still sell out shows with these prices, even if they are small shows. Even Lady Gaga had lower prices during her most recent tour and she's a much bigger artist than Manson at the moment.

I'm not bashing Manson. It's just odd and kind of fascinating that he can still pull in this much money at this point in his career from small shows. But does anyone know the real reason why he prices them higher than other acts that are bigger in popularity than him?
    Last edited by Coma Red; 02-03-2015 at 12:18 AM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Stubhub is always expensive. Even when a show is cheap like 32 dollars a GA ticket. They sell shit on stubhub for up to 400 dollars.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Stubhub is always expensive. Even when a show is cheap like 32 dollars a GA ticket. They sell shit on stubhub for up to 400 dollars.
    Not really the point. Tickets were ~$75 through the official channel.

Personally. I think the reason is that anybody who buys a ticket gets a free download of the album. So instead of people spending $15 on a CD, they can just build that into the ticket price.

I can't recall but wasn't Manson much cheaper in the preceding tours. Somebody fill me in? I bet it was cheaper because it didn't include 'free' music.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Essentially you're right it's because you're also buying a copy of The Pale Emperor. I noticed that even GA tickets for other bands usually like 32 dollars it's like 62-75 dollars in total. I was just posing a warning about Stubhub because they usually intentionally rip off people on that page. I went to stub hub to buy tickets before and it's definitely not worth it at all.

I saw Manson in Grand Rapids MI on May 6th 2012 GA and it was only like 32 dollars a ticket. I'm wondering if Manson comes back to The Orbit Room if the pricing is going to be the same or if it's going to jump up? Maybe it's because the cost of things are going up with causes things to be more expensive? But ultimately I think you have the right idea it's because you get a copy of the album.

Stub Hub is a scalper site, they always charge two or three times the amont of Ticketmaster or the official outlet. Plus it's silly that they have ticket price ranges for something that's general admission. But of course they take advantage of that once something gets sold out.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

60 to 70 dollars is a normal price for a big band.

Chicago tickets were 52.00 the additional fees the venue or ticket seller adds made it 72.00. Still worth it.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

When I saw MANSON a couple years ago it was around $75. It is pricey for the venues he is playing, they're small. But I don't necessarily have an issue with the price.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Concerts in general have gone up in the last 10yrs for me. Use to be around $35 now it's up to $50 a pop depending on the band/venue. I believe the digital downloads included with the tickets only added $2 or $3 to the totally cost of the ticket.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Concerts in general have gone up in the last 10yrs for me. Use to be around $35 now it's up to $50 a pop depending on the band/venue. I believe the digital downloads included with the tickets only added $2 or $3 to the totally cost of the ticket.
    I wasn't talking about just how much it costs to pay that third party to host/distribute the album. I just meant since everybody with a ticket got a copy, there are that many thousands of people who won't buy the album.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye