Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a line to be crossed in the territory of acceptable?

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar
    Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

Default Is there a line to be crossed in the territory of acceptable?

Do you believe one can take things too far with what they say or create? Do you believe some things simply shouldn't be allowed to be said or created in this world?

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Sunday AIDS & Church Wine jacobn28's Avatar

The video on YouTube of a brick flying through a windshield and killing a woman. That video still haunts me 3 years after I watched it. It should be removed from every corner of the Internet. I never understood people's obsession with "death tapes". I've seen a few, and I just don't get why they stay up. Horrible.

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar
    Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

Yeah, this subject has been on my mind because of the uproar about the game 'Hatred.' Check this out if you haven't seen it:

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I do believe that there are lines that just should never be crossed, if we are to keep our humanity about us and our world, but I do believe that before our time is over, all lines will be crossed and we will lose all humanity.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

I think any type of censorship is bad, we should be able to talk about anything, but I also believe in being respectful. If you know that a video or a subject annoys you too much, simply stay away.
    What?

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Some humans are very primitive, they really don't understand that everything we do/say always have some kind of consequence, it's pure logic!

You ask..... can we take things too far?! - Sure we can, unless we have a death wish!

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

A certain voyeurism comes with being human and looking for the forbidden in order to reflect upon ourselves. Other than that, our "natural" voyeurism makes us vulnerable to instrumentalization from outside. Therefore, I think that it is somehow important to boykott the yellow press and the immense craving for recognition on the social media, for it does not only violate the portrayed, but also the watcher, as his/her empathy is gradually blunted.

13. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

That game looks fucking badass! I will definitely be checking out "Hatred" when it comes out. Thank you for introducing me to it.
    Last edited by M Tragedy666; 02-10-2015 at 11:40 PM.

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

My basic philosophy is this: Never go out of your way to piss anyone off or to avoid pissing anyone off. Unless they're radical Muslims, in which case maybe avoid pissing them off too much unless you have damn good bodyguards. Like Manson said, that's purely out of pragmatism and common sense.

The only time I've ever been truly disgusting by someone's use of their freedom of expression was when I first heard about the Westboro Baptist Church. Protesting a funeral is to good taste what creationism is to science. Besides, a funeral is a form of expression. It's about expressing love and respect for someone who's passed on. Saying that you should be allowed to protest a funeral is like saying that you should be allowed to protest a film by holding your signs in front of the cameras while it's being shot.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

I suppose so. If people could go too far with physical violence, people could also go too far with their words as well. The power of words should never be underestimated or taken for granted. I'm unfortunately guilty of that myself though, but I could always use a reminder whenever it comes to matters and questions such as this one.

Oh yes, and then there's also the fact that what you say wrong and what you do wrong could also come back to haunt you and hurt yourself, if not hurt others, or even both. Like most things, it's still easier said than done sometimes though, but it certainly just goes to show that you can never be too careful at all times yet again, and why I should take this topic a lot more seriously.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-28-2015 at 01:25 PM.