Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a line to be crossed in the territory of acceptable?

No do not ever censor yourself, It is interesting to observe the delicate human sensiblities when it comes to suffering and pain from either a first person or third person perspective, Art is what you make of it whatever you create do not create a piece of shit work to create to 100% or destroy whichever is your choice.

I believe that art and any other form of creativity ends where suffering begins. If someone kills or harms any animal (including humans, and in this case I could make an exception if a person agrees to some kind of violence or whatnot) is committing a crime, not creating anything that can be called art. A good example is an artist who starved a dog to death as an "artistic performance".
    I don't believe that any blasphemous or offensive material should be censored as long as the above mentioned rule is respected.
    Last edited by TMC; 03-31-2015 at 01:14 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Exposición N° 1
    Guillermo Vargas' exposition included the burning of 175 pieces of crack cocaine and an ounce of marijuana while the Sandinista anthem played backwards. The work also included an emaciated dog tied to a wall by a length of rope with "Eres Lo Que Lees" ("You Are What You Read") written on the wall in dog food. The work attracted controversy when it was reported that the dog had starved to death as part of Vargas's work.

Last edited by 21Faces; 04-03-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Faces View Post
    Exposición N° 1
    Guillermo Vargas' exposition included the burning of 175 pieces of crack cocaine and an ounce of marijuana while the Sandinista anthem played backwards. The work also included an emaciated dog tied to a wall by a length of rope with "Eres Lo Que Lees" ("You Are What You Read") written on the wall in dog food. The work attracted controversy when it was reported that the dog had starved to death as part of Vargas's work.

http://lab.art-madrid.com/wp-content...tes_post_1.jpg
    That's a great example of what I would never call art, just as I wouldn't call Ed Gein an artist or a designer...

6. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

There should be a law that if you are doing any sort of ART of suffering, it should only be done on YOURSELF with no exceptions.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    There should be a law that if you are doing any sort of ART of suffering, it should only be done on YOURSELF with no exceptions.

I would also add that it's acceptable to have other people involved as long as they are grown up, responsible for themselves and agree to be a part of it.

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar
    Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by 21Faces View Post
    Exposición N° 1
    That's not art, that's cruelty.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    I do believe that there are lines that just should never be crossed, if we are to keep our humanity about us and our world
    I agree....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge Inferno View Post
    That's not art, that's cruelty.
    You don't know anything about art if you think those aren't often one and the same.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar
    Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

Here comes MMT to nitpick and make smart ass remarks about every post I make, oh no.