Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creepy Crawling Six feet Deep

(TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

Default Creepy Crawling Six feet Deep

John 5 Released a Song a few Years ago Titled "Creepy Crawler" & in Promotional Interviews He tells the Story for the inspiration being That the Manson Family would go around Southern California , Laurel Canyon & do break in's too rearrange peoples homes. Move some Paintings, move tables, .. but it wasn't till I Listened to Deep Six that I realized that it could be a Allegory for Mind control, Manson family members doing what had been already done to their Malleable Minds, in a Macro/Micro kind of way..as above so below expression . Your thoughts on this'
    . . the fear takes hold

2. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

This is a really nice link, thank you for writing about it. I'd heard of the Crawler missions Charlie used to orchestrate, but I didn't know John 5 had a song on the subject. Perhaps it's something he discussed with Manson, or was just interested in himself.*

There's not necessarily a connection, but this general theme reminds me of Wrapped In Plastic also, the claustrophobia of the domestic. There's probably a whole secondary study you could conduct about rooms, houses, the internal space, and living conditions, because it's something that's been implicit for Manson since the beginning.
    The lyric you've referenced also reminds me of his room as seen during The High End Of Low, he mentioned during interviews that the walls he wrote on were a canvas of his thoughts during the album's creation, so the link between his living space and his mind is present there also.

If you'd like to discuss this 'space' notion further, please do, it's a good topic.

*Some may remember this promotional photograph for The Golden Age Of Grotesque, showing John 5 recording in Manson's house, with a framed picture of Sharon Tate from the Cielo Drive crime scene behind him.

"the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

4. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post

I was reminded of all of this recently as I was into reading a few of the books on The Manson Murders. I have heard that Rob Zombie is heavily into the story as well, so that could be a John 5 connection. I have also heard that Rob Zombie himself is interested in making a movie on the subject of the murders. I am looking forward to it.
    The Crawling sessions that the family did also came to mind after re-reading and hearing the new Deep Six song and thinking of a rearrangement game.
    Good find and subject!
    Last edited by blue angel; 03-20-2015 at 04:07 PM.

6. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Interestingly, just a day ago I was rewatching an episode of Hannibal and Will Graham said something to Hannibal about someone getting inside someone else's head and moving the furniture around. There's a link to the quote here:
    http://hannibal.wikia.com/wiki/Abel_Gideon
    But there are SPOILERS for those who haven't seen all of season 2 yet. I thought I heard somewhere that Manson was a fan of the show.

8. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    I have also heard that Rob Zombie himself is interested in making a movie on the subject of the murders.
    I thought he already made The Devil's Rejects?

the LORD god had made
    "

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Rob Zombie is not working on anything Charles Manson related. Or if he is, nothing public has been released at all about it. Rob is busy at work on his newest feature, "31", which is being filmed right now as we speak.

What you are referring to is... There was some talk awhile back of RZ working with Bret Easton Ellis on a Manson Family television mini series. That was the plan, and it was green lit, but it has since been scrapped 100% due to some other larger network working on a Charlie Manson story. This is most unfortunate, as if anyone was going to do a Manson Family show right, it would be Rob Zombie. But oh well. That's the way it goes. 31 seems like it's going to be pretty cool and we have a new Rob Zombie album coming out at some point this year too.

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    Rob Zombie is not working on anything Charles Manson related. Or if he is, nothing public has been released at all about it. Rob is busy at work on his newest feature, "31", which is being filmed right now as we speak.

What you are referring to is... There was some talk awhile back of RZ working with Bret Easton Ellis on a Manson Family television mini series. That was the plan, and it was green lit, but it has since been scrapped 100% due to some other larger network working on a Charlie Manson story. This is most unfortunate, as if anyone was going to do a Manson Family show right, it would be Rob Zombie. But oh well. That's the way it goes. 31 seems like it's going to be pretty cool and we have a new Rob Zombie album coming out at some point this year too.
    Yeah? Well that is too bad, as I was looking forward to it. Thank You for the information!

I will need too Pick up Helter Skelter 0r another book if anyone can Recommend another , So Charles did Orchestrate the Crawling missions & it was not the Families members "Expression" , Okay ..kind of a Sick inside Joke of Charles then ,I have not seen any "Hannibal" episodes yet! The Hannibal Lecter Films are very Special & I will start on season one soon , As far as Mr.Zombie creating an Episodic Manson Family Series , that would be Raw & Gnarly but Honestly I have been waiting to see David Duchovny be a Detective again in "Aquarius" ! A Story of Supposed High Weirdness & social decay following the Summer of Love & featuring a Charles Manson Character ,Maybe Mr.Manson will make a Cameo..but that would be expected... maybe not '
    . . the fear takes hold

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Well .. the last week has been so messed up. Very strange times & I have been listening to The Pale Emperor in between these experiences and giving it lots of thought. I would like to share something I read on abovetopsecret.com by a poster named zinc12 that shares similarity to Deep6'

"mind control applied to the masses to make people doubt their ability to make judgements for themselves and even to question their sanity. Questioning their own memory, decision making ability, correctness of thought, logical reasoning they become increasingly more reliant on others to make decisions for them. They become increasingly susceptible to media control by the "elite".

"The specific technique used to make a person doubt their memory, decision making ability or sanity is called gaslighting. Back in the day when government spooks wanted to make a target person doubt their sanity they would sneak into their house and slightly rearrange furniture.
    The target person returning home would register the change and then doubt their memory. This would result in them doubting their judgement and eventually even doubting their sanity. The person then begins to judge themselves unfit to make sound decisions ultimately they become more likely to accept the decisions of others as being more sound/logical then their own. Ultimately this person is changed from an active person to a passive person, a leader to a follower. " - zinc12

From a leader to a follower ...

That even makes me think of Slave only dreams to be king

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

This isn't entirely relevant to the original topic concept, but I didn't want to create a new discussion for an audio comparison.

Although they're both pretty standard, the opening bars to Deep Six sound a lot like Dead Memories by Slipknot.
    the LORD god had made
    "