Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: [065]: Jul 07 2015 - Concord Pavilion - Concord, California, USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Agreed. Manson has said before something along the lines of that his logic is they enjoy playing songs that get a big reaction from the crowd, such as, say, Rock Is Dead. But does he not realize that, after all these years, he pulled out Misery Machine or President Dead a large contingent of the crowd would go fucking mental? Does he really think that the majority of his ticket buyers in 2015 are people going along based on some nostalgia for a single from 1999 that haven't heard anything of his since? Because most of the people I know going to Manson shows are people still buying the new albums, not people on trips down memory lane. Sure, there's going to be a few in the crowd, but you can't please all the people all the time, etc... and if they've done shit all to support your career these past 15 years, then fuck 'em, they can sit through a deep cut or new song they don't know.

Obviously the hits have to be there, but not all of them, all the time. And that doesn't just mean occaisionally swapping back and forth between The Fight Song and The Love Song. I can understand a personal decision not to play, say, Heart Shaped Glasses anymore, but mix it up. Hell, Metallica still play stuff from their largely disliked album St.Anger, because fans requested it at a show.

Idea: Manson should do a 'by request' show.
    I wouldn't even expect Manson to ask the fans what they would like to hear, I would simply expect him to say "fuck it" and play whatever he wants. What he does instead is playing what he thinks the fans want to hear, which is completely wrong. I'm sure that people who remember seeing Manson's video on MTV in the 90's but who never really cared too much for him since are not going to pay for the ticket just to hear that one song that they remember. At the same time focusing on the old material seems like a way of saying "I haven't done anything good since then" which is a weird attitude coming from someone who claims that his new record is always the best one ever.

Here's my recording from the first night of the End Times tour in 320 MP3. If anyone really wants the flac version, I can upload it, but I don't know if any of you care about lossy vs, lossless.

FREE TRADE ONLY. NEVER FOR PROFIT.

Source: CSB's > Tascam DR07mkII Portable Stereo Digital Recorder @ 16bit48khz > Tracked in Audacity > MP3 (320)

01. Intro
    02. Deep Six
    03. Disposable Teens
    04. mOBSCENE
    05. No Reflection
    06. Third Day of A Seven Day Binge
    07. Sweet Dreams
    08. Angel With the Scabbed Wings
    09. The Love Song
    10. Rock Is Dead
    11. The Dope Show
    12. Lunchbox
    13. Antichrist Superstar
    14. The Beautiful People

https://mega.co.nz/#!wgtSVLrD!fUkId3...TZd6gyUEPnujpA

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Didn't see these posted unless I skipped a page, but this user: https://www.youtube.com/user/AdmiralNeeda/ has some great front row videos up!

The Empirical Guy:

PRAISE
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Original AIDS provider.

My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    I was watching this video last night and I noticed that Manson comes in too early and starts singing four bars before he's supposed to, so the sound guys shut off the backing track to keep the song from becoming a mess. So the synth stuff you normally hear, especially during the chorus, isn't there, it's just the drums, bass and guitar, and it still sounds pretty heavy. Very interesting to hear Antichrist without the backing track.

That Lunchbox performance was utter shit. I hate that wailing shit he does now. I miss the crisp and concise vocals he used to have. Now he just carries the lyrics out in a drawn out wailing sound that makes me cringe everytime.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.