Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Off Jill

Default Jack Off Jill

(Is there really not already a JOJ or Scarling thread on here??)

Jack Off Jill Reunite For One Weekend Only

"We are beyond excited to announce that the amazing '90s riot-goth band, Jack Off Jill, will be reuniting this summer in Asheville, NC, for one weekend only! The band, which is known for its visceral, crazed live shows and incredible albums including “Clear Hearts, Grey Flowers,” is returning to the stage after fifteen long years of silence. “This is not only a reunion,” says Jack Off Jill singer Jessicka Addams, “but a way for us to gather some of our favorite people in one place to celebrate what was and what should have been.”

They will be joined by opening acts JD Samson (Le Tigre, MEN) and Minneapolis’s feminist punk trioKitten Forever. Guest DJs for the evening include drummer Lori Barberofrom the newly reformed Babes in Toyland and Allison Wolfe, singer songwriter of Bratmobile and The Cold Cold Hearts. Special surprise guests TBA.

The band has launched a fundraising campaign to offer rare and exclusive goodies for the fans, as well as help pay travel expenses (the band members currently live all over the world). You can get a special golden ticket to the show along with tons of other rare items and experiences from their campaign here: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/jackoffjill

Regular Show tickets will go on sale April 24th at noon EST at the Orange Peel's website: http://theorangepeel.net. They will be $20 advanced, $25 the day of the show.

FRIDAY, JULY 17th:
    Very special, rare solo performance by Daisy Berkowitz (founding member of Marilyn Manson) + A signing from 7-9 and an unveiling of new mural painted exclusively for the Jack Off Jill reunion by Los Angeles-based visual artist Camille Rose Garcia at The Odditorium (1045 Haywood Rd, Asheville, NC (828) 575-9299

SATURDAY, JULY 18th:
    JACK OFF JILL + Kitten Forever + JD Samson + guest DJs Lori Barbero (Babes In Toyland) and Allison Wolfe (Bratmobile, The Cold Cold Hearts) along with special surprise guests at the Orange Peel (101 Biltmore Ave, Asheville, NC 28801 (828) 398-1837

SUNDAY, JULY 19th
    JD Samson + Lori Barbero (Babes In Toyland) + Allison Wolfe (Bratmobile, The Cold Cold Hearts) + special guests at The Odditorium"

Clear hearts grey flowers is agreat album. I'd love to see this show. Even if Jessickas attitude recently has been pretty shitty, I still love her old work.

Likewise. I got to see the, when Scott filled in on the guitar in '98, but Clear Hearts is miles ahead of sexless and would love to see some of those songs live. Tough decision... It's about a 600 mile drive.

I'm only about 8 hours from Asheville so I'm defiantly gonna go. IDK if I can stay for the three days (stupid job) but I seriously want to see the JOJ show.
    Last edited by Lillith; 04-08-2015 at 12:10 PM.
    I gave Marilyn Manson AIDS.

This is like something you dream about then you wake up and are totally crushed when you realise it was all a dream...i'm expecting to wake up from it any moment now

Love this band. I'm about an hour and a half away from Asheville. Doubt I'll go but it'd be so freaking awesome if I did.
    A Wicked Epicenter / / I Want To Dream

From videos I've seen the show was amazing. However she has made some fairly disturbing comments about Twiggy in an interview.

Dude.

I have an enormous crush on Jessicka :(
    Oblivion Awaits

Dude.

Jesus Christ Jessicka.

Stop.

This is the sexiest thing I've seen all year. (Also, that's Scott playing that odd guitar in there)

God I wish she was more active.

On the music subject, I was never really much of a fan of the Riot Grrl scene. I was attracted to Jack Off Jill because of the success of their single My Cat, which was in turn cause for several articles in several music magazines, but Strawberry Gashes is easily one of my favorite songs ever and that album is pretty good. I didn't know about the MM connection until a few years later.

Fast forward some 18 or so years later and I decide to make a stupid joke and tweet it at Jessicka regarding Snakes on a Plane and some movie she was talking about and she replied with "Good Times".

I had to explain to my girlfriend who she was and why was I so excited.

She didn't like the band though, but I have to agree with her that My Cat isn't exactly the best way to show Jack Off Jill to anyone in 2015.
    Oblivion Awaits