Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Stars In 'Let Me Make You A Martyr'

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

For several years Manson's been looking for that 'role' to bridge him into cinema narrative. If you look over his portrayal of Christina, Jackson in The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things, and Ron Tully, there's definitely a building confidence onscreen, but each one too fleeting to be considered a starring role.
    Let Me Make You A Martyr seems as though it could be the game-changer, if that's what he wants to move into. There's some challenging parts out there he could excel at, even some ironic ones. The new film about Christine Chubbuck was well-received, I could easily see Manson taking on the role of R. Budd Dwyer in about ten years, or even Aleister Crowley if the production and budget was handled properly. There's a lot of original roles as well, it's a shame King Shot never happened, but cinema is ever-changing, and Let Me Make You A Martyr looks and sounds like something quite beautiful.

Very much looking forward to this.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Let me make you a martyr facebook page:
    We are proud to announce that on July 22nd the world premiere of Let Me Make You A Martyr will be held at Fantasia International Film Festival! Marilyn Manson Mark Boone Junior Michael Potts Niko Nicotera Asraf Corey John Swab

Can't wait!
    Chillin' Killin'

3. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I'm so psyched for this film. I have a really good feeling about it

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Chillin' Killin'

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Hmmm, I'd like to see how this scene plays out. Looks interesting. Still not sold on Manson as an actor. He isn't horrible, but he has this slurred speech/cocky swagger thing about him in the way that he talks lately. Well, he's had it since maybe 2009/2010. In a social setting or interview, it's fitting. But in a film, he should annunciate his words a little better. Not trying to be nitpicky, but he still sounds like Marilyn Manson, the rock guy.

Look at any film role David Bowie had, he was actually a pretty good actor. Even Iggy Pop isn't bad on film, or Tom Waits. I want Manson to exceed expectations as an actor. He'll never win an Oscar, but the older he gets, he'll probably lean toward acting a little more. He seems to be nabbing parts left and right lately. I want him to knock a role out of the park. This MIGHT be the role. We'll see.

I still love him as Christina in Party Monster. "How do you like my UFO?" is still a line I recite quite often haha

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I have to disagree with those statements in regards to this performance. Is it ground breaking or Oscar worthy? No. But I will say that this scene is probably the best I've seen Manson act. Didn't care for SoA and I will probably end up passing on Salem since I couldn't get into the show but I will definitely be watching this film. However I did love him in Party Monster as well but I still feel in that role he was just Manson. I've seen footage of the real Christina and while Manson did fine I still think there was room for improvement in that role.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

I'M SO FUCKING PISSED !

Fantasia International Film Festival
    14 ч. ·
    As you may know, Marilyn Manson was forced to cancel his Quebec City concert last evening due to illness. Unfortunately, we have just been informed he will not be able to make tonight's world premiere of LET ME MAKE YOU A MARTYR. The film will still be screened tonight at 9:35pm with the filmmakers and other members of the cast and crew in attendance.
    Best wishes to Marilyn Manson on a speedy recovery and we hope he can make it to Fantasia at some point in the future.
    Chillin' Killin'

Chillin' Killin'

^ lol

Ok i suck at putting image in post ,but apparently in the next trailer for the movie Manson sings ,is it a new song ? does is character sings while killing people i dont know ,just thought i share

https://www.facebook.com/lmmyam/posts/1942861222611979
    Last edited by maniac82; 05-08-2017 at 06:57 AM.
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal