Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flowers of saint joseph

I was looking for more info about lilies and its meaning, there is a story about how the stick Joseph gave to Mary blossomed lilies as a sign from god that he has to be her husband.
    The lilies stands for purity and virginity, so I think there's a big meaning behind the fact that the Manson lilies are stained in blood, as a meaning of corrupted purity.

arent most things from Christianity just stolen from paganism or other religions in some way? what was it anton lavey said the gods of yesterday... so wouldnt most of this symbolism be even older than just christian?
    the lily is also associated with Hera the wife (consort) of Zeus. It was her breast milk spilled that these flowers came from.
    They are called the Madonna Lilly sometimes when associated with Christianity.
    And one myth says that as Eve left Eden she cried learning she was pregnant and from those tears lillies came.

So feminine fluids make lilies....well then.

Lilies are a symbol of fertility as well as death..they are funeral flowers too. Honestly that's all i ever see when i see white lilies..a funeral.

In enjoying these developments I must say, I loved it when I first saw MM use this with Man That You Fear back in '97 and even more when I saw him bring it back for Coma White.

If anyone is familiar with the cover artwork for the Depeche Mode album, Violator, then I think it's a nod to that as well, considering that album clearly has some sonic influences as well as the original Personal Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurius View Post
    I remember that one showed Mercury's caduceus mixed with the Cross of Lorraine.
    What is going on with the Caduceus here. I searched the forum and got something about alchemy and iron and idk. What's the intended symbolism? Is it just supposed to be as simple as Mercury/ancient roman mythology and the mercurial/duality/marilyn manson thing? Did he ever use the caduceus with Holy Wood? Why would the caduceus ever have anything to do with iron as opposed to mercury? What is the cross of lorraine? Why are things?

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gunz View Post
    I guess it depends on the person how we analyze this. Saint Joseph was Jesus's foster father. I know it sounds fuckin creepy but a lot of female fans look at Manson as that in their life. It goes perfect with the song in trying "to save her from herself". "The staff of Aaron of the house of Levi had blossomed; it brought forth a blossom, sprouted a bud and almonds ripened"(Num 17:23). "The Lord said to Moses, “Put back Aaron’s staff in front of the ark of the covenant law, to be kept as a sign to the rebellious. This will put an end to their grumbling against me, so that they will not die.” 11 Moses did just as the Lord commanded him."(Num 17:10). I wonder if Manson was going making a representation from this area of the Bible..... ( Keep as a sign to the rebellious) but this is just my interpretation of it
    THIS
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM