Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Bowie's "It's No Game" / MM's "Devour"

Default Bowie's "It's No Game" / MM's "Devour"

So I'm sitting here reading the latest issue of Uncut magazine who are having this Bowie special (which is great by the way), and I've just noticed something worth mentioning. I love the album "Scary Monsters" and have listened to it a fair bit, as has Manson as said in interviews, the same goes with "The High End of Low". Now with anyone familiar with the first track of the afformentioned album I never knew what the actual sound was which opens it, well I always compared it to the strange sound over "Devour" and now it's said to be a film reel starting, in both circumstances though? I never felt SM to be like a film but THEOL obviously is, influence or parallel? At least SM ends in the same fashion with a musical reprise to the opening track but THEOL does it better with the track "15". Discuss.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    (TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

kk_15 O , Maybe the answer is in the 'Ashes to Ashes ' Music video ? That is one of My subjective answers , I am really into this album , One of my favorite Bowie albums ,Tom Verlaine is also a great Guitar player Btw . David has said it was a "Wrapping up of the Seventies " - "Seemed good enough epitaph for it " - Bowie .. maybe that is something in the Way Mr.Manson thinks about when creating albums ? In 2008 Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth Did a great Presentation at 'Moma' on David Bowie music videos , including His favorite 'Ashes to Ashes' .. Those words have always meant so much to me , Re occurring Synchronicity for sure. ( Current 93 - Dream of a shadow of smoke , Candlemass - Solitude ) and yea , and I like the Musical reprises He did. Cheers' (TwentyThree)
    Last edited by Two Faced Egg (23); 06-24-2015 at 10:27 AM. Reason: ...forget tooo name the Museum !
    . . the fear takes hold

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post