Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Has 'Target Audience' Never Been Played Live?

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Anyway, I'm not sure where the idea of Target Audience being this epic multi-layered song that's impossible to perform live comes from, it's no more complicated than Astonishing Panorama Of The Endtimes, The Last Day On Earth, Apple Of Sodom or King Kill 33 (for example), and they've all been done.
    Unfortunately people are desperate for answers other than "He just doesn't feel like it" due to the multi-year cockteases.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'm pretty sure I would die if he played target audience......
    The three songs I always wanted to hear live was

1. Target Audience
    2. A Place in the Dirt
    3. Man that You Fear

Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlood View Post
    3. Man that You Fear
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5cUAgVpARU

But I guess you mean to see it live.
    What?

Yeah, I have seen videos of it live but I would love to hear it live in person, its the only one of those 3 I listed that has actually been played just not for a long time

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by dskzero View Post
    I'm pretty sure the only reason there are 27 layered guitars in Antichrist Superstar is to create a particular sound for the song, but because it would make something different in playing the song. Smashing Pumpkins would often throw a zillion guitar layers for shits and giggles to create a crunching guitar in some songs. It doesn't really make a difference in playing it live, the song would probably sound different - John 5's distortion in the live album sounds much "weaker" - , but playing the song is exactly the same D5 chord, then put your finger on the third bar.

I'm also pretty sure there isn't any particular reason.
    I will add that right now ACSS sounds INCREDIBLE live. Whatever they're doing is working very well.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Dude.

Certainly. Most live versions I've heard though have much more complex drums, and that I love.
    Oblivion Awaits

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dskzero View Post
    Certainly. Most live versions I've heard though have much more complex drums, and that I love.
    *CoughGingerCough*
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shangs View Post
    He'll never play it live. We're lucky that we even get "Coma White". lol
    That's a little facetious to say. I mean he has been playing songs he hasn't played in a while. He's played Cake and Sodomy, Get Your Gunn, and Cruci-Fiction. Does he vary it up a lot? No he doesn't, that is his problem he stays with "What works" in his mind. So yes we are lucky he plays these songs but he has set the precedent to occasionally surprise people. Do I think he'll ever play Target Audience live? I don't fucking know and I'm gonna leave it at that. I'm not gonna say he will or won't because to do so would be idiotic. Nothing is that absolute.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gondule View Post
    That's a little facetious to say. I mean he has been playing songs he hasn't played in a while. He's played Cake and Sodomy, Get Your Gunn, and Cruci-Fiction. Does he vary it up a lot? No he doesn't, that is his problem he stays with "What works" in his mind. So yes we are lucky he plays these songs but he has set the precedent to occasionally surprise people. Do I think he'll ever play Target Audience live? I don't fucking know and I'm gonna leave it at that. I'm not gonna say he will or won't because to do so would be idiotic. Nothing is that absolute.
    Okay, I gotcha. You're right. However, I am going to go out one a limb and say that he will NEVER play Target Audience live. I am also right and there are absolutes.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 07-20-2015 at 04:28 PM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by Shangs View Post
    Okay, I gotcha. You're right. However I am going to go out one a limb and say that he will NEVER play Target Audience live. I am also right and there are absolutes.
    Word.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post