Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why Has 'Target Audience' Never Been Played Live?

Fundamentally Loathsome has never been played live. A fan asked Pogo why, and Pogo replied with such an honest answer. We all wanted to perform it live it just didn’t flow well with the set list.

The littlest things like that might be the reasons why certain songs have never been performed. Although we as fans will never know, since we don’t engage in those conversations.

Also I don’t understand all the complaints about the set list never changing. Yes I would like to see some of the songs switched up, but Manson has surprised us with many great songs.
    Prelude a Family Trip
    Cake and Sodomy
    Get Your Gunn
    Rock N Roll Nigger
    Dried Up Tied and Dead to the World
    Little Horn
    Mister Superstar
    Angel with the Scabbed Wings
    1996 (original & spoken)
    The Reflecting God
    Mechanical Animals
    Disassociative
    The Last Day on Earth
    Coma White
    Cruci-Fiction in Space
    Coma Black
    King Kill 33
    This is the New Shit

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by grotesquemonkey015 View Post
    Fundamentally Loathsome has never been played live. A fan asked Pogo why, and Pogo replied with such an honest answer. We all wanted to perform it live it just didn’t flow well with the set list.

The littlest things like that might be the reasons why certain songs have never been performed. Although we as fans will never know, since we don’t engage in those conversations.

Also I don’t understand all the complaints about the set list never changing. Yes I would like to see some of the songs switched up, but Manson has surprised us with many great songs.
    Prelude a Family Trip
    Cake and Sodomy
    Get Your Gunn
    Rock N Roll Nigger
    Dried Up Tied and Dead to the World
    Little Horn
    Mister Superstar
    Angel with the Scabbed Wings
    1996 (original & spoken)
    The Reflecting God
    Mechanical Animals
    Disassociative
    The Last Day on Earth
    Coma White
    Cruci-Fiction in Space
    Coma Black
    King Kill 33
    This is the New Shit
    Very true, he does mix it up a tad, it just doesn't happen often. I believe someone on the previous page had said that they miss the variation that was present on the setlist from the Rape of the World Tour, and I agree. I'm glad he's mixing it up sometimes, at least.

Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangs View Post
    *CoughGingerCough*
    The drums in ACS for example, save very notable parts (Kinderfeld, Dried up, Tied up and Dead to the World come to mind) are fairly simple. They are still pretty cool but it leaves a lot of space for improv.
    Oblivion Awaits

Original AIDS provider.

ACSS is, in general, one of the more complex Manson albums, drum-wise. Kinderfeld certainly isn't included in that though, it's one of the more simple songs on the album.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Twiggz On Twitter Add Twiggz on Facebook Visit Twiggz's Instagram Channel

i like to think of Marilyn Manson as a "Live" lucky bag. I was blown away when he played Coma White, didn't expect it one bit... i think if he showed up and decided he wanted to play POAAF in its entirety, he would. :) Target Audience would be awesome to see though, he defo could do with pulling that one out of his bag of musical loveliness.

...Stand down dick fighters...

Cash is a poor mans $ money $

There's plenty of variation from tour to tour (I've seen 58 different songs in the 22 gigs I've been to), but I wish he would mix it up a bit from show to show; quite a lot of people will go to more than one night of a tour, but they'll almost definitely see the same set-list each time. It would be nice to at least have one spot on the set-list have two or three different songs that got cycled through on different nights. As a hardcore fan I'd appreciate a "Pearl Jam" style approach, where you can go to two or three gigs in a row without hearing the same song twice, but guess the more casual fan seeing him once wants a bit more of a "greatest hits"!