Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: What is your favorite track?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prelude (The Family Trip)

1 2.22%
  • Cake and Sodomy

2 4.44%
  • Lunchbox

8 17.78%
  • Organ Grinder

1 2.22%
  • Cyclops

2 4.44%
  • Dope Hat

5 11.11%
  • Get Your Gunn

5 11.11%
  • Wrapped in Plastic

1 2.22%
  • Dogma

4 8.89%
  • Sweet Tooth

3 6.67%
  • Snake Eyes and Sissies

5 11.11%
  • My Monkey

2 4.44%
  • Misery Machine

6 13.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Poll] Portrait of an American Family - Your Favorite Track and Discussion

Wrapped In Plastic is best

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Whoever did that recreation should do all MM'S tattoos.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit mirthavidela's Instagram Channel

My two number one fav of this album are My Monkey and Dogma, My Monkey (MM) is the one I enjoy the most, another fav are Wrapped in plastic, Cake & Sodomy and Dope Hat... I would put White Knuckles or Magic 8 ball than Cyclops... Cyclops was the only song that I usually skip when I hear the album. Argentinian version includes Down In the Park as a Bonus track and Brown Bag, Down In the park I think should be in this poll, that cover is amazing. The rest of the songs are really good too, love them too but not my favs, I could say that Prelude is one of the pearls too with that Willy Wonka scary adaption that gives more sence to the lyrics

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

It's been a while since I listened to POAAF and surprisingly the track that I directly thought of while trying to pick my favorite was Dogma. I love how aggressive and creepy it is, to me it's a perfect track to sum up the whole vibe of this record and the era. This track also has a very weird effect on me - every time I listen to it, I feel like a teenager again.
    Songs that came very close were Dope Hat, Wrapped in Plastic and Snake Eyes And Sissies.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    It's been a while since I listened to POAAF and surprisingly the track that I directly thought of while trying to pick my favorite was Dogma. I love how aggressive and creepy it is, to me it's a perfect track to sum up the whole vibe of this record and the era.
    True, and let's not forget that the chorus of the song is printed across the face of the CD.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

This is something of an aside, but looking at that rendering of his tattoo, I've always loved how his foray into painting would eventually start to reflect his earlier drawing artwork, even in subtle ways. Just looking at the Cyclops you can see it foreshadowing Mouth For War or Those Bits Down There Are Gristle. It might be unsurprising that Portrait Of An American Family and Lest We Forget are the only Manson releases where the cover typography are from his own original sketching, given that Lest We Forget was arguably also the point where his painting became as prevalent as the music.
    Think of all those flyers and posters and demo artworks where the jagged, sinister characters and symbols would later start to feature in his watercolours also. Underrated with a pencil or brush, that Manson.

Oh, Snake Eyes And Sissies. You can hear echoes of that track in Overneath The Path Of Misery, I think.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

12. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I guess it shouldn't be surprising that the most popular tracks are the 3 singles, and Snake Eyes and Sissies which was intended as lead single.

No love for Organ Grinder apparently. That was going to be one of my picks for "Top 3" but lost out to Cake and Sodomy last second.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Oh, Snake Eyes And Sissies. You can hear echoes of that track in Overneath The Path Of Misery, I think.
    Really? On what parts? I love Overneath but never got Snakes Eyes & Sissies from it.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Really? On what parts? I love Overneath but never got Snakes Eyes & Sissies from it.
    You know how the guitars jump from slightly creeping main riffs and then transition to verse/chorus crunch? I'm pretty sure you can trace the same structure in Overneath The Path Of Misery. I've listened to them back-to-back and I think that helps.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Organ Grinder got my vote.

19. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post