Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: "Diary of a Dope Fiend" Live Performances

Default "Diary of a Dope Fiend" Live Performances

So I could just scour YouTube for footage of all known performances MYSELF...but it's more fun to make it interactive!

To that end, we have this thread.

I believe I've personally bootlegged the most recent two performances, so I'll kick things off with those.

And speaking of "kicking things off," the most recent performance of the song happened because Twiggy was killing time waiting for Manson to get himself bandaged up after cutting himself on a piece of glass stuck in his boot-treads. He'd cut his right hand at least 5 or 6 times before that so OF COURSE he needed stitches in the middle finger of his LEFT hand after he finally tried to pick up after himself, lol. Obviously, it was incredibly impromptu and unrehearsed so the band joined in when they could but it's mostly a bass-solo instrumental version which makes it pretty unique, fwiw.

As far as I know, and PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, the last time before that was, appropriately enough, as a lead-in for "The Dope Show" live in Hollywood a few songs before The Doors joined Manson on-stage at the Sunset Strip Music Festival. I happened to be there, too (made a fucking POINT of it, actually!), but I had to work my way up from the back through a tightly-packed crowd and the relative lull in the action during this particular rarity was my best chance to get closer, so it's not exactly my BEST footage but w/e.

I also happened to be high af on my first (MASSIVE) taste of medical marijuana and a shitload of MDMA crystals ,so I like to think that added something to footage, such as it is lol:

Of course, we also have a bunch of performances of it as an instrumental intro for "The Dope Show" from the Against All Gods tour and some partial full-band performances of it as an intro for "1996" from the Guns, God, and Government tour, so post away! No matter how common you think it may be, I'm sure we'd all LOVE to see it again and it's always SOMEONE'S first time anyway!

BRING IT.

\m/

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

This is still the best one in my opinion.

I want him to play Dope Hat someday, I'd love to see that brought back live.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post