Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Song lyrics in live performances of Lunchbox 2015

Add gardenofeyes on Facebook Visit gardenofeyes's Youtube Channel Visit gardenofeyes's Instagram Channel

I read on setlist.fm he also did a bit of “Mother” by Pink Floyd
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/marily...-6bf7be66.html

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I can help identify a bunch of the tidbits he sang for shows I filmed once I get home, fwiw.

But in the meantime it's worth noting that he also sang "King Kill 33°" at least once and "Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads! Haven't seen those mentioned anywhere but they were AWESOME! Can't wait to upload 'em!

XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ceratina View Post
    I was wondering this myself. Does anyone happen to know what he said during the Boston show (July 28)?
    Here's my halfassed footage of it! I'll upload it for real when I get home but this'll have to do till then.

Oh, and it was Jay-Z's "Holy Grail" with a bit of him just talking about he and Twiggy being "blood brothers for life," btw.

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    I can help identify a bunch of the tidbits he sang for shows I filmed once I get home, fwiw.

But in the meantime it's worth noting that he also sang "King Kill 33°" at least once and "Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads! Haven't seen those mentioned anywhere but they were AWESOME! Can't wait to upload 'em!

XD

Thanks for your input! I would like to hear the ones with kk33 and once in a lifetime...on a side note the pumpkins used to do a pretty interesting cover of once in a life time around when machina came out.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Interesting...yet another song they should've done together, lol.

And thank YOU for starting the thread, btw! It's a topic I'm interested in myself and ideally I'd love to see a complete list of ALL the songs Manson's referenced during "Lunchbox." It's obviously a pretty cool list with quite a bit of variety and diversity, after all.

Speaking of which, I'm still not home yet so I can't post my footage of each just yet (although I certainly will later!), but I finally had a couple days off between shows and went through a bunch of my End Times footage yesterday. Here's what I've got so far...

LAS VEGAS: "Fuck This Game" by Cage and "Cake and Sodomy"

RED ROCKS: "Fuck This Game" by Cage and "King Kill 33°"

BOSTON: "Holy Grail" by Jay-Z and "Straight Outta Compton" by N.W.A.

HOLMDEL: "Five to One" by The Doors

JONES BEACH: "Holy Grail" by Jay-Z and "The End" by The Doors

MASHANTUCKET: "Fuck This Game" by Cage and "Rape Me" by Nirvana

CAMDEN: "Holy Grail" by Jay-Z

CINCINNATI: "Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads

NASHVILLE: "Cake and Sodomy"

And just to clarify, Manson didn't actually sing "Cake and Sodomy" in Nashville, he just spent the whole breakdown in the middle of "Lunchbox" splattering his blood all over his face while Twiggy and Dan played the bassline and "white trash" sample from "Cake and Sodomy." Likewise, at several other shows Manson was seemingly freestyling and ad libbing what may later turn out to be lyrics covered from other artists which I haven't been able to hear well enough and/or identify yet. Time will tell, I hope!

Oh, and I also filmed Phoenix but I used a different, older camera and technical difficulties are preventing me from reviewing the footage at the moment, so I'll have to get back to you about that show and whatever else I can figure out from the others later.

Anyway, there you go!
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 08-19-2015 at 06:46 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Hazekiah, are you back? I'd be very interested to know what are the songs because even if most of the videos are on youtube, most of the time I cannot recognize what he's singing or saying. If you need help...

Does anyone recognize what he's singing in this video?
    It starts at 2'40. I can't even understand the words!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=168&v=re-qjrHZjcE

Quote Originally Posted by KaeS View Post
    Does anyone recognize what he's singing in this video?
    It starts at 2'40. I can't even understand the words!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=168&v=re-qjrHZjcE
    I think I understood some small parts of it:

"...I know I can trust you...", "don't trust any bitch you (live) with", "...and all the school shootings". That's it, the rest is just a bunch of gibberish.

Yeah, I got the same parts approximativly, but I can't say if he's singing something, like in all the other meddleys, or if he's just talking about something else.

Same thing in Dallas, what do you hear? Is he singing or just talking? Do you recognize the song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TIwmlbh2B4

(it starts at 3'17)

Anyone have video of the Cincinnati performance? I would murder to hear Manson sing "Once In A Lifetime".

Here is it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTTzCpncAwI

I have almost all of them, but for a few ones, I cannot recognize what he's singing and I need some help.
    Let's start with the Irvine and Dallas perfomance I posted just above.

When my list will be done, I'll post the full list of the songs he added.