Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Song lyrics in live performances of Lunchbox 2015

Thanks a lot Hazekiah!
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, but as I said earlier, english is not my first language so I need a good quality to be sure of what I've heard. I'm sure you'll do a much better work than me. I'm eager to see what you'll show up ;)

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

My pleasure!

And I had a few minutes to dig through some more of the links you posted, so I focused on these...

Quote Originally Posted by KaeS View Post
    I think we should focus on the one not confirmed yet:
    Irvine
    Dallas
    Boston (I trust you Hazekiah, but I can't recognize which part of the song he's singing and I'd like to have the lyrics to know if he's changing them or not)
    Toronto
    Chicago
    Santa Ana
    Irvine might be a VERY loose cover of Easy E's "Trust No Bitch," especially considering Manson referencing "Straight Outta Compton" on at least two occasions during the same part of the song....plus, y'know, unprotected sex, A.I.D.S., and Manson & Twiggy blowing each other back in the day, lol.

For Dallas, I don't really hear anything from "Fuck This Game," just Manson singing something about "close your eyes and bow your heads, close your eyes if you feel it," etc. Given how much he references Nirvana and rap artists, my best guess would be that it's either a VERY loose cover of "Burden in my Hand" by Soundgarden or "Prayer" by Rick Ross. Or maybe just Manson thinking out loud, I guess? Who knows.

Boston I'm 100% certain was "Holy Grail" and "Straight Outta Compton."

Toronto was "Time of the Season" by The Zombies, as you know.

Chicago was "Harley David (Son of a Bitch)," which is actually a song by Serge Gainsbourg...but Manson sings it in English instead of French and their lyrics are different from the best translation I could find, So, yeah, it seems like he's doing the version by The Bollock Brothers instead. And, of course, his freestyling version of "The End."

Lastly, Santa Ana was mostly Manson taunting the audience and throwing in a loose version of "Straight Outta Compton" while he toyed around with Twiggy.

Anyway, just another quick, little update.

Really looking forward to hearing the rest!

:​)

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

So, first of all, plz allow me the privilege of solving the mystery regarding exactly wtf Manson sang during "Lunchbox" during the Mashantucket, CT show!

As you may have already heard, that wasn't EXACTLY the best venue for a show like his, but I rolled with it and improvised the best I could and THIS is what I got. I'll post the raw data in the thread for the show itself later, but for demonstration purposes, here it is, "stabilized" for your viewing pleasure; "Lunchbox" plus "Fuck This Game," "The End," and "Rape Me," w00t:

And then the OTHER video!!!

OMFG.

So there I was, front-and-center on the rail and filming Manson, when I suddenly felt the familiar sensation of someone behind me trying to climb up and over me from the pit. But Manson was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and I COULD NOT look away, so I just reached back and tried to help whoever it was crowdsurfing over me or w/e the best I could. Except they wouldn't budge! Then I realized Manson was trying to get them to sing along with him so I finally turned around and saw OMFG the ky00test little girl face-to-face with Manson on her daddy's shoulders, lol.

MASSIVE Father-of-the-Year points to Tim Green!!!

XD XD XD

\m/

Still digging through all my footage from last year and this isn't exactly my finest work, but w/e...got another one for you!

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

OMFG
    I JUST HIT
    THE JACKPOT

O_O

Seriously, I was just sifting through my footage like usual when I stumbled upon another performance of "Lunchbox" from the End Times tour and zeroed in on it. As we all know, Manson "mumblecores" LOTS of shit and the break in "Lunchbox" is PARTICULARLY extemporaneous, so I was listening REALLY close.

I already knew Manson was performing a "mash-up/medley" of sorts about school shootings when he started "Lunchbox," his own song about fending off schoolyard bullies with nothing more than sharpened pencils (metaphors!) and his then-recently outlawed, metal lunchboxes, along with his EVER SO SLIGHTLY tweaked rendition of "Once in a Lifetime" by the Talking Heads.

That much was clear IMMEDIATELY as he was screaming it into our faces in realtime.

From there, I was simply trying to transcribe EVERY SINGLE PERFORMANCE of "Lunchbox" I could find on my many SD cards from last year, decoding whatever the fuck Manson said throughout, lol.

Obviously, my mic records sound better than most human ears hear it, so it was an absolute JAW-DROPPER when I was listening in on headphones and finally figured out EXACTLY wtf Manson was singing in between both songs.

YEAH, MANSON COVERED NEIL YOUNG.

Specifically, Neil Young's protest song entitled "Ohio," regarding the infamous Ohio Kent State University shooting where overzealous, undertrained National Guardsmen shot four peaceful students dead on the campus lawn in 1968. Kind of the ORIGINAL school shooting!

SO FUCKING PERFECT.

\m/

"FOUR DEAD IN OHIO, FOUR DEAD IN OHIO
    AND I THINK TO MYSELF, WHY DIDN'T I SHOOT UP MY SCHOOL?
    AND I THINK TO MYSELF, WHY DIDN'T I SHOOT UP MY OWN SCHOOL?
    AND I THINK TO MYSELF, WHY DIDN'T I SHOOT UP MY OWN SCHOOL?"

9. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Congratulations, Haz, for this amazing discovery!
    It''s awesome he made so much covers during the whole tour!

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I really like that Ohio lyric he added in. Perhaps dropping hints to the upcoming album?

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Honestly, I'm just putting this here because it's such an anomaly. Pretty sure it's the only End Times show where he DIDN'T sing extra lyrics in the middle. But the band still played "Cake and Sodomy" and I've posted almost every other version I filmed on this tour in this thread already so it sort of belongs here anyway, right?

Short version of the story: Manson cut his middle finger so badly JUST before this that he cut a song from the set too while he got bandaged up to continue.

He also got stitches later too but during the performance he just pulled the bandage off and spent half the goddamned song bleeding all over his own face anyway, lol.

CLASSIC FUCKING MANSON.

\m/