Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: The Zodiac Killer and The Pale Emperor

Default The Zodiac Killer and The Pale Emperor

The Pale Emperor contains the most overt and specific references to serial murder of any Marilyn Manson record since Portrait Of An American Family. In this case, the references are directed towards the Zodiac Killer, a publicity-oriented serial killer who terrorized San Francisco in the late 1960s.

- The symbol of the Zodiac Killer, sent in taunting letters to the editor of the San Francisco Chronicle in 1969 and throughout the early 1970s.

It is possible that this symbol has multiple meanings - it can be interpreted both as a gun sight (the Zodiac described making an impromptu gun sight out of a flashlight taped to his pistol) and, more eerily, as a "solar cross", an astrological symbol representing the sun. This relates to Egyptian views of death, and particularly to the Zodiac's understanding of the afterlife. More prosaically it can be seen as the Zodiac wheel itself.

- The Pale Emperor logo

- From a deciphered codex sent by the Zodiac to Bay Area papers following his first confirmed murders in Vallejo. Note the reference to "slaves".

- From a postcard mailed to Paul Avery of the Chronicle, October 27th, 1970.

I'm happy to pull my veins out and braid a ROPE

We don't need a bigger KNIFE
    'Cause we got GUNS

Birds of Hell awaiting/With their wings on FIRE...

It ought to be of note that two confirmed Zodiac attacks and one suspected attack involved couples at lover's lanes or otherwise romantic spots - David Faraday and Betty Lou Jensen on Lake Herman Road in Benicia, California on December 20, 1968 (suspected); Michael Mageau and Darlene Ferrin on July 4, 1969 in Vallejo (confirmed); and Bryan Hartnell and Cecelia Ann Shepard on September 27, 1969, at Lake Berryessa in Napa County. Of these early victims and potential victims, only Mageau and Hartnell survived.

Attacking young couples in secluded, romantic areas? "Cupid Carries A Gun", indeed.

The eighth House of the Zodiac is the House of Death.

House of Regeneration:

The eighth house is one of hidden mysteries, the biggest of which is the final transformation, death. It's where you find intense emotional wells, the secrets of the soul that unfold over a lifetime.

Often we fear what lies in the eighth house, partly because of its power to end our old way of being. Compulsions, obsessions, primal entanglements -- these all require serious grappling with the core to untangle. The eighth house concerns those life issues that we're often at the mercy of, that feel fated, and therefore, hard to resolve.

It's the life area of sexuality, since merging with another is a kind of death. Orgasm is often called the little death because it's a surrender to the primal energies.

See Also: Saturn in Eighth House

The merging with another in the sex act, transforms us, and is a release of that energy at the core. In the eighth house, you'll find insight about how you go there with another, and its significance as part of your evolving life.

The eight house also deals with other kinds of merging, like finances. You discover how a partner's wealth adds to or undermines your own resources. Things like inheritance, of possessions or money, fall here, as well. Traditionally, it's been called the house of sex, death and taxes.
    Possibly where the Zodiac took the phraseology in the Avery postcard from. Note the writing on the wheel behind Redmask.

From July 1952.

The Zodiac had threatened to attack schoolchildren on buses in a letter sent after his last confirmed murder (Paul Stine).

School children make nice targets, I think I shall wipe out a school bus some morning. Just shoot out the front tire + then pick off the kiddies as they come bouncing out.
    Next motherfucker gonna get my metal
    We got guns/Motherfuckers better better better run

Later this fantasy became more elaborate, as in this letter of November 9th, 1969.

Blow us a kiss, we'll blow you to pieces.

This is the Zodiac speaking up to the end of Oct I have killed 7 people. I have grown rather angry with the police for their telling lies about me. So I shall change the way the collecting of slaves. I shall no longer announce to anyone.

When I committ my murders, they shall look like routine robberies, killings of anger, + a few fake accidents, etc.

The police shall never catch me, because I have been too clever for them.

1 I look like the description passed out only when I do my thing, the rest of the time I look entirle different. I shall not tell you what my descise consists of when I kill

2 As of yet I have left no fingerprints behind me contrary to what the police say in my killings I wear transparent fingertip guards. All it is is 2 coats of airplane cement coated on my fingertips -- quite unnoticible + very efective

3 my killing tools have been boughten through the mail order outfits before the ban went into efect. Except one & it was bought out of the state. So as you can see the police don't have much to work on. If you wonder why I was wipeing the cab down I was leaving fake clews for the police to run all over town with, asone might say, I gave the cops som bussy work to do to keep them happy. I enjoyneedling the blue pigs. Hey blue pig I was in the park -- you were useing firetrucks to mask the sound of your cruzeing prowl cars. The dogs never came within 2 blocks of me + they were to the west + there was only 2 groups of parkingabout 10 min apart then the motor cicles went by about 150 ft away going from south to north west

p.s. 2 cops pulled a goof abot 3 min after I left the cab. I was walking down the hill to the park when this cop car pulled up + one of them called me over + asked if I saw anyone acting suspicious or strange in the last 5 to 10 min + I said yes there was this man who was runnig by waveing a gun & the cops peeledrubber + went around the corner as I directed them + I disappeared into thepark a block + a half away never to be seen again. "must print in paper."

Hey pig doesnt it rile you up to have your noze rubed in your booboos? If you cops think I'm going to take on a bus the way I stated I was, you deserve to have holes in your heads.

Take one bag of ammonium nitrate fertilizer + 1 gal of stove oil & dump a few bags of gravel on top + then set the shit off + will positivily ventalate any thing that should be in the way of the blast.

The death machine is all ready made. I would have sent you pictures but you would be nasty enough to trace them back to developer + then to me, so I shall describe my masterpiece to you. The nice part of it is all the parts can be bought on the open market with no questions asked.

1 bat. Pow clock -- will run for aprox 1 year
    1 photoelectric switch
    2 copper leaf springs
    2 6V car bat
    1 flash light bulb + reflector
    1 mirror
    2 18" cardboard tubes black with shoe polish inside + oute
    Mirror
    bus
    Bombs (1 bag each)
    6V Bat
    6V Bat
    bus goes bang car
    pass es by ok.

the system checks out from one end to the other in my tests. What you do not know is whether the death machine is at the sight or whether it is being stored in my basement for future use. I think you do not have the manpower to stop this one by continually searching the road sides looking for this thing. + it won't do to re roat + re schedule the busses because the bomb can be adapted to new conditions.

Have fun!! By the way it could be rather messy if you try to bluff me.

PS. Be shure to print the part I marked out on page 3 or I shall do my thing.

To prove that I am the Zodiac, Ask the Vallejo cop about my electric gun sight which I used to start my collecting of slaves.
    Now, here's where you might think I'm stretching a bit, and probably I am.

This is another of the logos used for The Pale Emperor:

Here's the envelope that the aforementioned postcard to Paul Avery was sent in. Look at the symbol in the top left-hand corner.

Not identical, obviously, but similar.

Note that I don't think that The Pale Emperor is "about" the Zodiac, any more than Portrait Of An American Family is "about" Charles Manson because of the use of Charlie's lyrics in "My Monkey". Rather, I think these references are simply there as flavoring, and to give us something to explore. It's one ingredient in the album, but an important one which has been overlooked.

I would like to take a minute to look at the poem at the start of "Slave Only Dreams To Be King":

The human will, that force unseen
    The offspring of a deathless soul
    Can hew away to any goal
    The walls of granite intervene
    Be not in patient delay, but
    Wait as one who understands
    When spirit rises and demands
    The Gods are ready to obey
    While, yes, it was written by Ella Wilcox many decades before the Zodiac killings, it does sort of seem to fit with the thematic of souls enslaved in the afterlife, doesn't it? Particularly in the way Walton Goggins pronounces "will" as "wheel" - as in "solar wheel".
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

2. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Now, here's where you might think I'm stretching a bit, and probably I am.

This is another of the logos used for The Pale Emperor:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/KRKsF17wY30/maxresdefault.jpg

Here's the envelope that the aforementioned postcard to Paul Avery was sent in. Look at the symbol in the top left-hand corner.

http://www.zodiacciphers.com/uploads...41105_orig.jpg

Not identical, obviously, but similar.

Note that I don't think that The Pale Emperor is "about" the Zodiac, any more than Portrait Of An American Family is "about" Charles Manson because of the use of Charlie's lyrics in "My Monkey". Rather, I think these references are simply there as flavoring, and to give us something to explore. It's one ingredient in the album, but an important one which has been overlooked.

I would like to take a minute to look at the poem at the start of "Slave Only Dreams To Be King":

While, yes, it was written by Ella Wilcox many decades before the Zodiac killings, it does sort of seem to fit with the thematic of souls enslaved in the afterlife, doesn't it? Particularly in the way Walton Goggins pronounces "will" as "wheel" - as in "solar wheel".
    Couple issues (#28) before the one you sited, was this advertisement:

reading:
    "BE THE MASTER, NOT THE SLAVE!
    ----------------------------------------
    Imagine the wonderful confidence when you know that you're nobody's slave"

Surely this tied into Zodiac's Slave Paradice
    Last edited by YoureAlreadyHere; 08-24-2015 at 12:53 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    Couple issues (#28) before the one you sited, was this advertisement:
    http://i.imgur.com/ILdaVFr.jpg?1
    reading:
    "BE THE MASTER, NOT THE SLAVE!
    ----------------------------------------
    Imagine the wonderful confidence when you know that you're nobody's slave"

Surely this tied into Zodiac's Slave Paradice

Hey, that's pretty brilliant work. I took mine from a Zodiac message board; is this something you found on your own? If so, that's quite impressive sleuthing.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Unfortunately, it is not my brilliant sleuthing; i picked it up from an internet forum, as well.

I tried responding to your halloween card post, but PM went wonkers on me... the 14 on the skeleton's hand mustve been entertaining to Manson. 4teen was on the inside of the card, as well. The numbers inherent to Zodiac mustve been alluring to Manson... 314 444

I also wanted to tie in a Zodiac impersonator whom used the guise to make calls to a prominent san francisco lawyer on a few occasions... he was slightly obsessed after speaking to him over a televised broadcast phone convo, where he had said his name was "Sam" and that he needed help, that he didn't want to get hurt. He called the lawyer's house a couple times; in one phone call he said that he couldn't wait to speak to [Bille], that "today is my birthday." (Jan 14) I know you're focused on TPE, but I thought this was a nice reference to be made.
    After tracing the call, he turned out to be a guy at a psych ward. Still interesting stuff. Makes me wonder if maybe this psych ward guy (believe his name was Eric W) was also involved in letter making.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Speaking of that number fourteen on the Paul Avery postcard, look at the skeleton's fingers, just above the "14".

"3" and "6". Three sixes? 666?

If any of you enjoyed the ultimately fruitless THIS MUST BE SOLVED puzzle from back in the day, you'd love the Zodiac. If we all devoted as much time and ingenuity to the Zodiac Killer as we did analyzing the nuances of Mansonalia, we might just find the bastard.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Someone noted by flipping img upside down, skeleton's hand reads hi 911.

Let's find the born villain. 444 puts him just over half evil.

12. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Are you at all familiar with the Process Church of the Final Judgment and its splinter-sect, the 4 Pi Movement?

If not, check this out:

- The symbol of the 4 Pi

- The envelope containing the Zodiac's postcard to Avery

Interestingly, a representative from the "mainline" Process Church interviewed Charles Manson while on trial for the Tate-LaBianca killings, as Vincent Bugliosi mentions in Helter Skelter. There's a going conspiracy theory that the 4 Pi cult was involved in both sets of murders, along with the Son of Sam and some others.
    Last edited by The Overman; 08-27-2015 at 06:55 PM.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I am researching, so far it seems a phantom, rumors upon rumors; do you happen to know the location of the supposed "soup kitchen"/chapter in New Orleans?

What date does that symbol similar to Zodiac's have on it???

Date? I'm not sure what you mean.

Go check out some of the other Evidence forums I've recently posted in. Now that I've researched them a bit, Manson is fucking full of references to The Process - like, it seems almost to be a unifying theme.

I haven't hit upon the soup kitchen yet in my research. Do you have a cite?
    Last edited by The Overman; 08-28-2015 at 11:55 AM.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I say coincidental. But remember in the Rape Of The World tour, one poster had The Zodiac Killer on it.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.