Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marilyn Manson and The Process.

I can't believe I missed this on my initial reading of The Long Hard Road Out Of Hell.

From page 242 of the paperback edition:

When Missi fell asleep, I snuck out of bed and climbed into the barber's chair, watching the shadows of raindrops play on a white ram's head perched atop a seven-foot human skeleton, a relic from the altar of the original Process Church in England.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Although Manson's robes appear to be modelled on The Knights Templar, it's worth noting how he and Twiggy appear similar to a priest of The Process Church during Holy Wood:-

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

That's actually Robert DeGrimston himself.

Funny anecdotal story, not really Manson related but enlightening as to the internal attitudes of the Church itself: DeGrimston was, superficially, the leader of the cult, but his wife Mary more or less ran the show behind the scenes. The organization had attitudes very similar to those of Charles Manson and his Family, and one of the closest parallels was sex - like Charles, Mary would 'direct' sexual orgies among the inner circle of Process initiates like an orchestral composer without often taking part in them herself. She would pair up couples, dictate positions, and so on.

What led to the Church finally splitting is when Robert fell in love with one of the girls he'd paired up with. Mary didn't appreciate this, and evicted Robert from the very movement he'd founded. She repudiated his writings and theology, removed the massive portraits of Robert that dominated Process spiritual centers, and even changed the name of the group.

Robert DeGrimston went on to live a life of anonymity working for a telephone company in New York City; Mary Ann eventually transformed the Process Church into an the Best Friends Animal Society, ostensibly a completely secular humane organization but which, according to insiders, still basically operates along cultish lines, albeit without any overt theology.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

(TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

Got something that maybe of Your interest @The Overman

In 1966 the DeGrimstons moved to Merida, Mexico. That's a red flag. We know now that area is a huge Central Intelligence Agency base. Its often called the "Langley of Mexico" Lol

Researching them recently I have strong suspicion the leaders of the Process Church were/are an Intelligence front. And..I think Mar1lyn Man5on knows this..