Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Ascent & Descent

  1. #1
    benis Mok's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.15.12
    Location: Silent Hill
    Posts: 2,760
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default Ascent & Descent


    EDIT:
    Posts moved and consolidated into an analytical discussion of both Deep Six and arching themes.

    S.D.

    Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    I'm sooooooooo glad you captured Odds of Even in full. His voice was truly amazing during that performance. It was also cold as fuck in that theater lol
    Half Frozen Wax, remember?
    Last edited by S.D.; 10-19-2015 at 10:38 AM. Reason: new topic

  2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
  3. #2
    Elizabeth Casto's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.21.12
    Location: DC area
    Posts: 119
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Are we sure its half frozen wax...because now im hearing heart's frozen wax.

  4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  5. #3
    Ruination cataract777's Avatar
    Join Date: 01.05.10
    Location: Torrance, California
    Posts: 1,778
    Rank: 15 Gauge
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Casto View Post
    Are we sure its half frozen wax...because now im hearing heart's frozen wax.
    The lyric is, "It's as if my feathers were wax...."

    But before the official lyrics were released, everybody thought it was something along the lines of "And in my half frozen wax".

  6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  7. #4
    HEAVEN UPSIDE DOWN Hazekiah's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Posts: 2,424
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Svperstar13 View Post
    Half Frozen Wax, remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Casto View Post
    Are we sure its half frozen wax...because now im hearing heart's frozen wax.
    Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    The lyric is, "It's as if my feathers were wax...."

    But before the official lyrics were released, everybody thought it was something along the lines of "And in my half frozen wax".
    Yeah, that one's MY fault, lol.

    The night the studio version of "Deep Six" was first posted online, I immediately cranked-out the first full transcription of the lyrics and shared it here and all over fb within an hour or so and totally misheard that line. I went OUT OF MY WAY to preface the entire transcription with the fact that it was my best guess, rush job, work-in-progress, fan-effort at transcribing the lyrics, just to make sure that was EXPLICITLY clear up front at the outset.

    So, naturally, the next thing I knew everyone just ignored that part and copied-and-pasted my transcription onto lyric sites and re-uploads of the video all over YouTube, erroneously labeled as being OMG 100% OFFICIAL LYRICS CLICK ME NAOW GUISE!!1!!

    Oh, Internet. I could never leave you.

    -_____-

  8. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post
  9. #5
    Ruination cataract777's Avatar
    Join Date: 01.05.10
    Location: Torrance, California
    Posts: 1,778
    Rank: 15 Gauge
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Yeah, that one's MY fault, lol.

    The night the studio version of "Deep Six" was first posted online, I immediately cranked-out the first full transcription of the lyrics and shared it here and all over fb within an hour or so and totally misheard that line. I went OUT OF MY WAY to preface the entire transcription with the fact that it was my best guess, rush job, work-in-progress, fan-effort at transcribing the lyrics, just to make sure that was EXPLICITLY clear up front at the outset.

    So, naturally, the next thing I knew everyone just ignored that part and copied-and-pasted my transcription onto lyric sites and re-uploads of the video all over YouTube, erroneously labeled as being OMG 100% OFFICIAL LYRICS CLICK ME NAOW GUISE!!1!!

    Oh, Internet. I could never leave you.

    -_____-

    Haha, I remember that. It did sound like "Half frozen wax" though, so I don't blame you. Remember people also thought it was "Do you like our band? Do you like our band?" Lol, that was the best.

  10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
  11. #6
    Elizabeth Casto's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.21.12
    Location: DC area
    Posts: 119
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    things that sound like things that arent the things that they sound like at all.

    So is it hearts frozen wax...?

  12. #7
    Ruination cataract777's Avatar
    Join Date: 01.05.10
    Location: Torrance, California
    Posts: 1,778
    Rank: 15 Gauge
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Casto View Post
    things that sound like things that arent the things that they sound like at all.

    So is it hearts frozen wax...?
    It's "It's as if my feathers were wax"

  13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  14. #8
    Hallelujah motherfuckers thatrussianman's Avatar
    Join Date: 05.10.12
    Location: Hollywood
    Posts: 295
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Google Icarus. That should clear up ya'lls questions.
    I'm not actually Russian.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  16. #9
    Elizabeth Casto's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.21.12
    Location: DC area
    Posts: 119
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Honestly...i think we are all correct.
    I think he changes it in some instances to be hearts or half..i can no longer hear feathers no matter how hard i try. But that doesnt mean its not there.
    There was a study done that people hear music differently...i didnt read it but i mean it makes sense to me.

  17. #10
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster
    S.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date: 06.19.09
    Location: Inkland
    Posts: 3,246
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    What cataract777 has quoted is the precise lyric. The corresponding "and your artillery lead" does lead me to question whether Manson is combining the two, suggesting wings made of wax or lead, or both. Given his fascination with the Hindenberg disaster, and that incident's inspiration for Led Zeppelin's name, there is perhaps a connection.

    Then again, he could just be... waxing lyrical.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

    m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m


  18. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS