Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Sociopaths/Psychopaths

@Cat I actually dont have a book to recommend to you. Im sure you know your way around a library. But interesting assumption.
    I like you!

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

It is as if I and (subject[s]) are magnetized towards each other. I have an incessant need to understand WHY, HOW, WHEN, WHAT; let me see your brain, please.

Yet, I still don't understand, and never will understand, how a psychopath can be void of life, love, and altruism, especially in the face of their own child/kin/lover. No reason, other than neurological implications, but still I can barely wrap my mind around the difference between pure love for another and pure love or saturation in oneself; the narcissism and selfishness are mind boggling.

Also, remaining true to oneself in the face of a mind-bending psychopath is a difficult task; although your self is there, it is merely a shell, and if you aren't careful, your soul/your center will slip away into nothingness. You will feel it all before eventually you don't feel anything. Save yourself.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Im not, however, i dont see anything wrong with psychopathy. The push to make a move...without emotion. It is logical versus emotional. Who would you rather have behind the wheel?
    The sniveling crying emotional..and Irrational person...or the cool calm and collected logical one?

The thing is, psychopaths are chameleons. They put in master charades. Including the crying, emotional, irrational, and unstable bits. They'd have you perceive it as a response to you and your actions/disactions in an attempt to Get what they want. They feed off of suffering around them, although theyll have you believe it is They who suffer.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

The non-criminal psychopaths cause a lot of damage in our society because they are masters of manipulation, and therefore good at maintaining an effective mask of normality.

Criminal psychopaths often end up in jail!

Edit: The really clever criminal psychopaths never get caught.......... sad, but true.
    Last edited by Cat; 10-29-2015 at 11:04 PM.

9. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Edit: The really clever criminal psychopaths never get caught.......... sad, but true.

OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Last edited by Cat; 11-01-2015 at 12:58 AM.

13. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by gunz View Post
    Pyschopaths :Suffers from Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD); lack of empathy or conscience, delusional.
    Sociopath: Antisocial personality disorder (ASPD).
    Origin of illness Psychologists generally use the term psychopathy to imply an innate condition of the individual. It's derived from the nature part of the nature vs. nurture debate. The term sociopathy generally implies that environmental factors, such as upbringing, have played a role in the development of the ASPD.

This is a good post and I have dealt with both types of individuals. I have had some of the most heart dropping moments (from being scared shitless) to dealing with an ex standing in my room in the pitch black with a rose to confess his undying love (had to get rid of that shit right quick).
    No. Psychopath is just a clinically outdated term for Sociopath, which is the term for someone suffering from antisocial personality disorder. The term psychopath was retired because people found it to be both offensive and inaccurate.

Here is the official DSM on antisocial personality disorder. Give it a second to load cause I'm linking to page 691 in a pdf file.

Both terms are used by professionals because they really can't agree about which term to use, and how the terms are defined!

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Both terms are used by professionals because they really can't agree about which term to use, and how the terms are defined!
    Source?