Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sociopaths/Psychopaths

This program made me think about this topic!

Making A Murderer:

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Ghetto Space Drac's Ghost Smoking Mirrors's Avatar

Reporting for duty.
    It irks me, the way psychopaths and sociopaths are demonized for something not of their own necessary willingness.
    Those with depression or anxiety are not often seen as the "bad guy" in relationships; why psycho/sociopaths? Sure, their tendencies can be more negative, but the vilification annoys me.
    I feel like we have a decent handful of such afflicted types here, including myself. What better a place.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

To each their own... I have known couples where a partner suffers from depression/anxiety, what have you, and these mannerisms definitely are treated as a "bad guy" trait, both by the person and the mate.

I simply do not wish to be (in a relationship) with a psycho/sociopath for my Own wellbeing, but that does not mean I can not observe from a distance or appreciate their perspectives and creations.

Sidenote: We are all stigmatized in one way or another, whether we forgive or not, we remember and are haunted. This doesn't mean we (I) categorize and lump-sum people, more so we (I) rationalize possible outcomes and act accordingly. We can control where we end up, who we are involved with.... be mindful of the one who would act out of something "beyond his control", for it is a "diagnosis". S/He has control. S/He has decisions, the will to decide How to respond or How to enact. Or simply, how to Not act.

Round and round we go. Up & down, close our eyes to the octopus ride!
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

Had a random thought today, and feel free to challenge it if you see fit:

When I read Genealogy of Morality by Nietzsche long ago, he, through etymology, was able to describe how the idea of guilt, basically originated from being dependent on Religion/Government, and things like that. So, if someone fails to pay their taxes, and give any tithe to their local church, they feel guilty.

Anyway, I wonder if a modern-day Psychopath is almost an evolutionary 'mutation', without the guilt for social customs? Is there REALLY a genealogy to Morality? Do Psychopaths have more wild and primitive bloodlines, than the more docile and domesticated ancestral lines?

The Goths (those who have been accredited for the ruin of civilization, hated and scorned, especially during Renaissance period) were slowly domesticated into 'regular, civilized Germans,' but ONLY after Christianity duplicated transgressive and violent rituals, like "Eating the Flesh of the Messiah." Christianity, my point being, simulated true barbarism, to domesticate true barbarics, after it was proven that they could not do it through the fall of the Roman empire, the empire lived on through the religion of Christianity.

So, basically, I wonder if Psychopaths tend to have Barbaric ancestors, more so than most people, especially if we are talking about hereditary diagnoses? I think someone said Sociopath disorder is inherited, while Psychopath isn't. What is, with the co-morbid overlap, that ALL Psychopaths/Sociopaths have this 'warrior gene,' and MANY non-Sociopaths/Psychopaths do too, but the Psychopath has his turned on through traumatic life experience, or maybe PTSD, whereas Sociopath is, Born Villain.

That's another point. MM is a definitely a Psychopath/Sociopath, but we ALL love him. Interesting.

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    (TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

I identify with the "Empath" & have a real distaste for apathy/nihlism. My subjective view on Mr.Manson / BHW is that He is an Empath - a very sensitive Human being. I really believe that He fanatizes about being a sociapth / devoid of all the feelings He has. People try to escape it because its very painful. Alcohol and coke? When I listen to early Spooky Kids , Mechanical Animals and The High End 0f low I hear somebody who might aspire to be "Cold" ... .. but really isn't.
    . . the fear takes hold

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    (TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

Please let me share something I found online yesterday that can contribute greatly to this fascinating thread - " 'm 25 and wondering if anyone else has had an experience similar to mine.

I was what you'd call a "normal" empath growing up, except I had a VERY lonely miserable childhood and teenage life. I basically failed at EVERYTHING I did most of my life, so my life up until my early 20s was basically nothing but fear, failure, self-doubt, and the constant pain of rejection, and I wouldn't turn to alcohol, drugs, or cutting myself since I knew that wouldn't provide permanent relief.

Eventually, since I realized nothing in my external world was going to change to allow me to feel happiness, or to give me any sort of positive emotions others experienced, I knew I had to take matters into my own hands, so I started reading every book, every YouTube video, documentary, and piece of information I could find on the brain and emotions.

After reading about psychopaths, and having been shown to have an IQ of 147 in high school, I knew I had the brains to figure out how to read and manipulate people if I just studied and learned enough.

Over time, thanks to the magic of neuro-plasticity, I've pretty much "unwired" every emotional reaction my brain has to an external stimulus, and now, reading here what many of you describe very closely approximates what I've become, only I'm not angry or having a thirst for power, I'm basically happy most of the time, otherwise apathetic, and now I feel like I can see through all the bullshit empaths think is real, having the unique experience of having been both, but now I don't really feel anything, or any real connection to others.

I look at statements like "love you so much" that ppl say as empty, hollow, and emotionless (basically I just emotionally see it the same as the word "the") because I know from personal life experience that the INSTANT the person saying this doesn't get THEIR emotional need s met they'll turn cold as ice to the other person, and I've learned that 99% of people are only thinking about themselves, so I don't really care about them; I just figure out what I want and how to get it, and I love the fact that people's own egos, and how they subconsciously think they're better than others, is the best tool on the planet, because I can use that to flatter them, become what they want, and get what I want.

I wear masks in almost all situations. All I see now is what I can get out of others, and I see life as a game, like chess, where if you make the right moves enough you win. Make the wrong moves you lose; it's that simple and black and white. I basically see reality for what it is.

Also, I've found that since I have in my memory the experience of what emotions feel like, I know EXACTLY what others are going through inside, how to naturally convey the perfect amount of emotion from memory, and exactly what I'm "supposed" to say and do to look genuine. My muscle memory of emotions also allows me to perfectly replicate natural emotions with my face and body language, and I've become a master at manipulating people, because I can sense what they're feeling from memory, without feeling it myself, and I'm able to act perfectly, so nobody ever suspects I don't feel any emotions to go along with my words and actions.

But all my life I can't seem to find anyone else who changed like I did, and was wondering if anyone else ever did, or if any psychopaths have any questions for me on people, how to manipulate, empaths, or whatever. I want to learn as much as I can from you guys, and hopefully teach you information you can use to benefit yourselves as well.
    And now someone's reply to this - "My honest reflection after reading this is that you are an empath. Yes, "still". You are as far from a psychopath or a sociopath as can be.
    What you ARE is an empath who is waking up. Granted, this is an incredibly painful process. I understand the motivation that exists to seek to turn this off. I ask that you reconsider." - "A psychopath would not post online seeking connection and understanding with others (as you are here). A psychopath does not engage inner reflection and self awareness (as you do). If you truly were a psychopath, this post would have read VERY differently. It probably wouldnt even exist at all."
    . . the fear takes hold

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

Good posts. ^

I must meant that MM has clearly displayed Anti-social/Psychopathic tendencies. When he was starting out, he told Boyd Rice that he wanted to poison and ruin the mind of the impressionable youth. He's made many songs about killing. He's made songs about brutalizing women. He wanted to kill one of his naggy exes.

Lastly, MM is definitely an emotional guy, but so are all other artists. And Psychopaths have statistically have to have made/do make Art. In order to BE an artist, you must have emotion. GG Allin was an overt Psychopath. Many other artists i could name that are truly cold-hearted people who make art. And doing horrible things to people takes emotion. Just not empathy. No Reflection, "Not Man Enough to Be Human, Trying to fit in, and learning to fake it", etc, etc. Hallmarks of a psychopath.

Would he just be saying all of that to shock people, and by playing a character? No.
    The character Dexter Morgan is an example of how a Psychopath grapples with loving relationships and emotions. Good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Faced Egg (23) View Post
    I identify with the "Empath" & have a real distaste for apathy/nihlism. My subjective view on Mr.Manson / BHW is that He is an Empath - a very sensitive Human being. I really believe that He fanatizes about being a sociapth / devoid of all the feelings He has. People try to escape it because its very painful. Alcohol and coke? When I listen to early Spooky Kids , Mechanical Animals and The High End 0f low I hear somebody who might aspire to be "Cold" ... .. but really isn't.
    I enjoyed reading your post!

Our perception of others often reveal a lot about our own personality ;-)

Eat Internet Primadonnas

I agree with that, Cat, but some people have obvious way they want to be perceived, or don't care about how they're perceived, so it wouldn't matter how we would perceive them anyway.

Eat Internet Primadonnas

After re-reading post, feel point wasn't simple enough. MM has transgressive elements, and is very 'Dark.' We all became attracted to his 'Dark' personality and music over years. Even if he has a sweet side (Hitler had one too), his music is mostly transgressive and dark, so is his humor, interests. Even his 'gentle' songs are morbid, except maybe Last Day on Earth.

If you like MM, on some level, you value dark traits, even if you are against being outwardly a dick to people. To even be attracted to this kind of music, says something about the content of one's mind.