Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: Is Religion Dangerous?

  1. #41
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.05.09
    Location: Subject
    Posts: 7,425
    Rank: Stigmartyr
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggz View Post
    Religion makes me angry...

    Ever tried to save somebody's life...and be told you CAN'T because their religion FORBIDS it.

    religion is fucking shite. we live in a world where people die every single day needlessly because they believe their "god" will not accept them if they allow doctors to intervene and help them survive...

    Brainwashed by narrow minded people who i think are just afraid of the real world and like to surround themselves with make believe and use it as an excuse to make them feel important.

    but thats just my opinion, and i can be a twat.
    Laws forbid things too, everywhere, even in Space. Doctors only keep you alive for a while but eventually kill you regardless of what your faith is. Life in general is discriminatory. It's selective. It's unfair to People. People who blame us for "Killing the Planet" should blame the Planet for allowing us to evolve. So "it" apparently is suicidal by Nature, no pun intended, (I don't think so anyway), and has said "Fuck it" essentially. So, it created a complex species that can feel its sorrow, malevolence, final contemplations along with glimpses of beauty here and there before utterly terrifying us, and giving us emotions so that we can all become histrionic, psychotic Monsters. The fact that what People call abominations aren't "God's" or even Religions fault, it's our own biochemistry and "Evolutionary Jackpot" curse that are to blame. And yes, I can be a twat as well. Only a Vietnamese whore with a hand grenade, razor blades and chards of glass with sprinkles of AIDS and Chlamydia and I'd like as many people to pay me to fuck them as I can. LOL - You're welcome.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM


  2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  3. #42
    Athene noctua Xenia's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.24.16
    Location: Somewhere in Time
    Posts: 35
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Is Religion Dangerous?

    Is it not possible for anything to be defined as dangerous, or at least possessing the potential to be so? Even a harmless seeming toothbrush would not appear to be dangerous, unless for instance, someone stabs you in the eye with one. Then you may begin to define a toothbrush as a dangerous utensil. Material objects, thoughts, perceptions, concepts or ideals are all prospective dangers, dependent on how they are used, by whom and under varying circumstances.

    “Religion” is broadly defined by mankind, as well. “Organized Religion”, Spirituality, sects and cults, and even adherence to non-religion, some are perceived as dangerous to others, some are not. It may be even defined as dangerous simply because it is “safe” for some. As a man-made concept, based in essence, on diversely defined individual, as well as collective, interpretations and perceptions….I believe the real question is, is mankind dangerous?

  4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  5. #43
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.05.09
    Location: Subject
    Posts: 7,425
    Rank: Stigmartyr
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenia View Post
    Is Religion Dangerous?

    Is it not possible for anything to be defined as dangerous, or at least possessing the potential to be so? Even a harmless seeming toothbrush would not appear to be dangerous, unless for instance, someone stabs you in the eye with one. Then you may begin to define a toothbrush as a dangerous utensil. Material objects, thoughts, perceptions, concepts or ideals are all prospective dangers, dependent on how they are used, by whom and under varying circumstances.

    “Religion” is broadly defined by mankind, as well. “Organized Religion”, Spirituality, sects and cults, and even adherence to non-religion, some are perceived as dangerous to others, some are not. It may be even defined as dangerous simply because it is “safe” for some. As a man-made concept, based in essence, on diversely defined individual, as well as collective, interpretations and perceptions….I believe the real question is, is mankind dangerous?
    Bingo. And that's something that I've touched on in this thread as well as in others.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM


  6. #44

    Join Date: 06.21.09
    Location: Chicago, Illinois
    Posts: 717
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    Basically I made this thread to make fun of and dismiss both the Religious and Anti-Religious. There's a Social Media/Youtube War going on between just about everyone and everything including this. Me? I'm drinking coffee, smoking weed, taking psych meds and playing with a gun like a Child on a Swingset while everything burns down and the fallout covers and contaminates everything without.giving.a.single.fuck. ...and THAT'S wisdom. LOL
    I still don't understand why you are trying to make fun and dismiss the "anti-religious", as if people who hold that position are equally as absurd. I agree with you that you people sometimes take things too seriously and should chill and stop being so uptight in defense of their ideologies. But as a person who has a deep appreciation for philosophy, and I know you do, you shouldn't try and "dismiss" it. The point is that many hardcore religionists are responsible for a great deal of nefarious behavior. And there is a DIRECT correlation with level of religiosity and bad behavior. Not that that is something unheard of. In fact, it's to be expected. The crazier and more extreme in belief of the delusion, the more extreme the behavior will certainly follow. I'm talking about female genital mutilation in countries with 95% Islamic beliefs and the murder of "apostates" if they so much and try to challenge it. They had BETTER not come out as an atheist or choose not to wear their full body costumes and burkas or rape and death may be punishment. It's of course better here in more privileged countries, but it's still not innocuous. Many Republican candidates right now in the USA would like very much to make this country a theocracy. They want to strip women's rights, abortion, stem cell research, abolish gay marriage, ban pornography, make marijuana illegal....Hell, if they had their way completely, I'm sure they would but bans or restrictions on Marilyn Manson music! Religion is a dangerous cult with no evidence backing it. Period. Now, it's easy to continue on and say "well, with all the unknowns in the universe, we can't or shouldn't really comment on whether there is a god and not believing in one is just as silly as believing in one". Well, that's why most atheists are really just "atheistic agnostics". No one can prove anything's existence to 100% There could be a god(s). And an assortment of other mythological characters. But at the moment, I can see any good reason to believe in one, especially a personal, theistic one. And if you believe in a deistic one, that's just as good as acting as if there is none anyway because you can't exactly interact with this being or know it's desires or anything. You would just carry on as usual sheep in the eyes of this supreme intelligence. I think it's clear that the more rational position and the lesser of two evils is clearly to be a so-called "anti-theist".

  7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  8. #45
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.05.09
    Location: Subject
    Posts: 7,425
    Rank: Stigmartyr
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    I still don't understand why you are trying to make fun and dismiss the "anti-religious", as if people who hold that position are equally as absurd. I agree with you that you people sometimes take things too seriously and should chill and stop being so uptight in defense of their ideologies. But as a person who has a deep appreciation for philosophy, and I know you do, you shouldn't try and "dismiss" it. The point is that many hardcore religionists are responsible for a great deal of nefarious behavior. And there is a DIRECT correlation with level of religiosity and bad behavior. Not that that is something unheard of. In fact, it's to be expected. The crazier and more extreme in belief of the delusion, the more extreme the behavior will certainly follow. I'm talking about female genital mutilation in countries with 95% Islamic beliefs and the murder of "apostates" if they so much and try to challenge it. They had BETTER not come out as an atheist or choose not to wear their full body costumes and burkas or rape and death may be punishment. It's of course better here in more privileged countries, but it's still not innocuous. Many Republican candidates right now in the USA would like very much to make this country a theocracy. They want to strip women's rights, abortion, stem cell research, abolish gay marriage, ban pornography, make marijuana illegal....Hell, if they had their way completely, I'm sure they would but bans or restrictions on Marilyn Manson music! Religion is a dangerous cult with no evidence backing it. Period. Now, it's easy to continue on and say "well, with all the unknowns in the universe, we can't or shouldn't really comment on whether there is a god and not believing in one is just as silly as believing in one". Well, that's why most atheists are really just "atheistic agnostics". No one can prove anything's existence to 100% There could be a god(s). And an assortment of other mythological characters. But at the moment, I can see any good reason to believe in one, especially a personal, theistic one. And if you believe in a deistic one, that's just as good as acting as if there is none anyway because you can't exactly interact with this being or know it's desires or anything. You would just carry on as usual sheep in the eyes of this supreme intelligence. I think it's clear that the more rational position and the lesser of two evils is clearly to be a so-called "anti-theist".
    I've already explained that to you outside of the forums as to why I post what I do and why on the forums and certain other places. So, I guess what I don't understand, after coming to an already, what appeared to be an understanding, what further explanation that you're looking for here in a thread such as this?
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM


  9. #46
    Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Join Date: 04.23.14
    Location: In Orbit
    Posts: 440
    Rank: Glass Jaw
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

    Default

    Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahaahhahahahahh ahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhah ahahaah

    This shit is still going on.

  10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  11. #47
    Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Join Date: 04.23.14
    Location: In Orbit
    Posts: 440
    Rank: Glass Jaw
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

    Default

    "The point is that many hardcore religionists are responsible for a great deal of nefarious behavior. And there is a DIRECT correlation with level of religiosity and bad behavior."

    Trag, no offense, but that very pro-social quote makes you sound very much the same from a Christian. So, the only difference is that a Christian believes in a God; is your lack of belief in a God any valid reason to devote a chunk of your life to storming down Christians because the only difference from you and them is that they MAY have ONE delusional belief? As if, Humans have truly 100% logical belief sets, with no fallacies apparent whatsoever...

    I like you, Trag, so don't take it the wrong way.
    You're pro-human; you're talking about nefarious conduct. It would be different if you were some misanthrope, or something hellbent on destruction, but you're not. I don't even know you, but I know that you're not.

    The only difference I see from you and a Christian is they MAY have a delusional belief that you do not have. Okay, is that all it takes to force you on a pro-anti-Christian tirade, smacking down religionists unabashedly? That's Dr. Shangri-LIE's point.

    And, I don't want to make this post, as if I'm defending religion, or even the existence of Gods/God, or whatever. Your point here is tied to logical reasoning, so I'm trying to apply some to make a point.

    And, personally, Trag, I'd let it slide: I wouldn't go after you to make a point or anything because I think you're cool as f-uck, but I know if I don't step in, this stupid f-ucking post will be dragged on longer if I didn't post anything.

    So, you're welcome!

    Edit: If we're against single delusions and what not, then hell, why stop with Religious people? F-ucking OCD people! A-ssholes! Jesus f-cuking Christ, OCD people are the biggest a-ssholes on the planet, we should totally create a new social movement and shun all of their retarded belief sets! I mean, god f-ucking damnit, I'm going to write a few best-selling novels to prove why OCD people are illlogical, and all of their claims and habits are unfounded b-ullshit!
    Last edited by Penance Sentence; 03-01-2016 at 09:36 PM.

  12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  13. #48
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.05.09
    Location: Subject
    Posts: 7,425
    Rank: Stigmartyr
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penance Sentence View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahhahahahahahaahhahahahahh ahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhah ahahaah

    This shit is still going on.
    That's what *I* keep seeing and just laughing my ass off as well. Want to know what I really think? Well, you won't get the answers on here. And I tell People that CONSTANTLY. LOL
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM


  14. #49
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Join Date: 08.05.09
    Location: Subject
    Posts: 7,425
    Rank: Stigmartyr
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

    Default

    Oh, and M-Trag is cool and intelligent as FUCK. And I mean that. And I talk to/speak to you also, outside of these forum sections, Penance Sentence. But by now, if people haven't realized my methods and how truly stupid and annoying they are a lot of times, then I don't know what else to say. If I have a long, real down to Earth Conversation and point out over and over, in ways that you/other people can follow and make sense out of, then I guess I get confused as to why those same people ask me the same types of questions and/or respond to me the way that they do whenever they either know me, sort of know me, or I've actually taken the time to have a real conversation with them. Wow that was a long sentence. But yeah, if I make something clear, then it shouldn't come back/rebound on here with a 'What in the fuck are you talking about?". Now, there are intelligent People/Users in this thread. But it was obvious fucking bait just to both provoke and evoke something from people too, as well. And it worked. And it just hasn't stopped. LOL
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM


  15. #50

    Join Date: 06.21.09
    Location: Chicago, Illinois
    Posts: 717
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    I know what you're doing and I applaud it! I'm just ignoring my inside knowledge from talking to you outside the forum. I'm just treating it as if I didn't know any better and...hell, it is a thread on here that was made, so I'll continue to discuss it seriously even if I know it was meant as a joke. So don't take offense or anything. Basically I'm acting as if I'm separating you into two characters, the person on here and the person in real life and I just thought it was fun and is a challenge for me to defend my views and who knows? Maybe some casual reader who doesn't know either of us mind gain a new perspective. Sometimes I don't even look and who it is I'm quoting, I'll just read it and respond to it in whatever fucked up way my brain works at the time. So don't take it the wrong way. I'm just going to continue to treat it seriously lol. I'm not sure if any of this makes sense as it's 6am and I'm going to pass out soon after I post another response to Penance Sentence. Thank you for the compliments too! Likewise. Hope we can chat further soon.

  16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS