Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: "Last Tour on Earth" Vinyl release pledge

Default "Last Tour on Earth" Vinyl release pledge

So check it out, I think it's about time this record gets it's glory reinstated on wax in a sexy gatefold cover or something, it never even got a bootleg release, only ever put out officially on CD and Casette so why not a vinyl issue?
    This is the only part of Manson's back catalog that never got considered for such a format (other than EMDM, THEOL) and with the growing resurgence in vinyl it again questions why not (even ACSS frequently gets reissued by Hot Topic).

Despite the lacklustre mastering on CD (too my ears) I believe it is an ideal candidate.
    This is where you guys come in to play! The label "Music on Vinyl (MOV)" are great and most of the time deliver and even excel in my opinion to put out what their fans and followers want now. I am also a member of the David Bowie forums and last spring we got together like this to do a mass request for a vinyl issue of his 1999 album "...Hours", now given this wasn't his best-selling album etc it didn't matter and I still remember howling like a bitch when I got an email telling me it is in the future releases section in the summer, we can do this, fuck it we know if it's done right the booklet will look sick on a gatefold.

Yo, put your scribbles here:
    http://www.musiconvinyl.com/request-...e#.VoqeQ_7fXCQ

Love, kk_15

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Great idea. It'd be awesome to get this on vinyl. I pledged.

I wish he'd do a reissue (Original packaging) of his back catalog, like a fellow fan asked him. If not, have a different design. It might be cool. His vinyls are really hard to get new, for a reasonable price.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Honestly, I'd be afraid of it just being a vinyl pressing of the CD audio. If there are ever going to be really nice vinyl reissues, I'd rather it come from the Manson camp directly, nice vinyl set, some bonus track or content stuff like that. I actually think the mix on the CD is pretty decent, it's always been a headphones album for me.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Absolutely. I thought the quality on the CD was great. You can hear everything, crisp and clear. And I do agree, I should have a nice release, if it is released at all.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

anybody know how the band recorded the mechanical animals tour?

unless they were recording the shows to analog tape, i'm not sure what the point of vinyl would be . . .

Quote Originally Posted by mister saint laurent View Post
    anybody know how the band recorded the mechanical animals tour?

unless they were recording the shows to analog tape, i'm not sure what the point of vinyl would be . . .
    True, but I'm sure there are plenty of vinyl throughout various bands' discographies that were not pressed from analog sources. I would just like to have it on vinyl to have it on vinyl, Lol.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Most likely digital. DAT or even a protools rig taking raw feeds from the mix desk.

Thanks to everyone who pledged with me to help get this album a vinyl release, the fight is still ongoing and I encourage you all to continue to share and request it as per the link in my original post - around four months have now passed and I received this email a couple of weeks ago which I forgot to post on here:

"Hi Kyle
    We get so many request and we are only work with a small staff.
    It's impossible for us to go into detail about a specific request, why a yes
    or why a no.
    Like stated when you sent a request; we read each and every request and take
    it from there.
    Some happen and some don't.
    Please subscribe to our newsletter and be always up to date with our release
    schedule.
    All the best
    Music On Vinyl"

My email to them detailed similiar to what was mentioned in my original post such as the Bowie "...Hours" campaign, the understanding that some albums can't be reissued because of copyright constraints and I also told them how one time Jeordie agreed to this happening on Twitter, if a thumbs up emoji counts at least.

This will happen, we just have to wait and hope it's worth it!