Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marilyn Manson: David Bowie 'Changed My Life Forever'

I did a two hour tribute show for David on my university's radio station and read out part of Manson's tribute with a bit of music underneath it. Being able to share it even with a small number of people felt like the right thing to do.

2. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

You should POST that shit, man.

Still, I'm bummed that the new issue of "Rolling Stone" didn't include Manson's words on the matter.

Is he in the Special Edition Tribute issue of RS that costs about 15 bucks maybe?

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

If anyone is interested in hearing my Bowie show where my friend Joe and I discuss Manson a couple of times. Specifically at around the 48 minute mark and 1 hour 38 minute mark.
    But obviously the bulk of it is Bowie music. I'd recommend it to anyone because I've heard hardcore fans say I played stuff they weren't even familiar with. (and by hardcore I mean she is actually writing a book around him so really she should've known all of them)

https://www.mixcloud.com/flippflop/d...wie-a-tribute/

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add gunz on Facebook Follow gunz on Tumblr

^ Can't listen to it in the States unfortunately. I think what M wrote was absolutely and without a doubt a beautiful composition of words. You can feel the pain just from reading it. Brilliant. It is so great being able to hand the latest album to new fans that had never heard of him or taken a listen to anything Bowie. What a legacy that he has left behind....

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    You should POST that shit, man.

Still, I'm bummed that the new issue of "Rolling Stone" didn't include Manson's words on the matter.

Is he in the Special Edition Tribute issue of RS that costs about 15 bucks maybe?
    Did anyone else get their tribes to Bowie printed?
    I expected MM would be in the issue with this.
    S P A C E M A N

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Strangely, I've seen this interview with ZDF before - probably when it was released five years ago - but somehow didn't notice that Manson claims one of his interviews for 25th Parallel was with... David Bowie?!

Go to 15:00:-

I'm sure most are familiar with stories and photos of when they met in 2004, but I've never seen any other mention of them having met, especially not so early. It could of course be Manson hyperbole, maybe he was on the editing team for someone else's Bowie interview, or maybe he really did interview him. I feel certain we'd have heard about it before now, but then look how long it took for the 21 Jump Street footage to circulate as a fan oddity, simply because he didn't say beforehand that he'd been in it.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

^ Goddamn! I've watched this interview quite a few times myself over the last few years, and also don't recall that little Bowie blurb. How'd I miss THAT?! The Trent thing is common knowledge, but I kinda want to read and/or hear that Cher interview =P

He must've been shitting bricks to meet Bowie in '04, and he was a 35-year-old MARILYN MANSON by then. Can't imagine how nervous he must've been in Bowie's presence at 19!

13. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post