Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Are You And What Do You Follow?

Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

Good post.
    Sounds more like you're against Organized religion, more than Notion of God.
    The God debate is the most worthless topic, so I won't even go there. Basically, just flip 'God' and 'Universe,' and we talking about the same thing.
    It's Semantic Debate.
    Either Universe created itself, in which case it's God, or a Creator created the Universe, in which case, God still exists.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I'll post something actually more serious later. But I've always said that "God Exists and we'll never out.". LOL
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

Heheh, on a side note, before this thread blows up, why don't you delete some messages in your inbox sometime? I've been wanting to message you about something.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I hope you guys read the second half of what I wrote. That was where I wanted to really add to the discussion, not the god debate. But just to answer your question, yes I'm deeply against organized religion. And regarding god, if you mean "god" in a metaphorical sense, well that's fine. But if you are talking about a divine creator who is theistic (personal) answer prayers, started life and the universe, etc... I have a problem with that too. There is no evidence for it. The word "god" is in grained in our culture and vocabulary. If I stub my toe, I might say "god damnit!". I don't believe in any notion of a "god" that most people are talking about when they pray or anything of the like. Even a non-personal deistic god seems unlikely. But if you are using the word in an artistic way to establish metaphor and talk about something...like, my cat is god to me. My cat is my god. Well, that's fine, just know that it's obviously a metaphor. God is in the t.v. and so forth. But what I really was hoping you guys would have commented on was my bizarre experience in a communist bookstore that had a pseudo-moral ideology that wants to ban the only reason the internet exists!!!

7. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    I hope you guys read the second half of what I wrote. That was where I wanted to really add to the discussion, not the god debate. But just to answer your question, yes I'm deeply against organized religion. And regarding god, if you mean "god" in a metaphorical sense, well that's fine. But if you are talking about a divine creator who is theistic (personal) answer prayers, started life and the universe, etc... I have a problem with that too. There is no evidence for it. The word "god" is in grained in our culture and vocabulary. If I stub my toe, I might say "god damnit!". I don't believe in any notion of a "god" that most people are talking about when they pray or anything of the like. Even a non-personal deistic god seems unlikely. But if you are using the word in an artistic way to establish metaphor and talk about something...like, my cat is god to me. My cat is my god. Well, that's fine, just know that it's obviously a metaphor. God is in the t.v. and so forth. But what I really was hoping you guys would have commented on was my bizarre experience in a communist bookstore that had a pseudo-moral ideology that wants to ban the only reason the internet exists!!!
    I'm going to. I just woke up. I have some books and other things that I want to show and share with you, so I'll send you my contact info as I promised like a fucking month ago here in a bit. What I post here is just for self amusement, but I think we'd have some actual good conversations about this type of stuff. I'm part of a few other groups outside of these forums where, well, I guess you could say you can't really "share" a lot of information and there's no point in doing it here in threads for the most part. And not just Religious stuff either. Ttys and I'll go read that here in a few. Right now, my coffee is my Saviour. LOL
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Eat Internet Primadonnas

God simply means Creator. Do you believe in Creation? Do you believe you exist
    I'm more Pantheistic, Polytheistic, as well as Monotheistic (all things considered), as well as Atheistic, as well as Deist. You can use whatever word that you want, but it's more political to be an Atheist, than anything else, which is why I identify as one.

And, I did like your political statement, but I'm waiting for more replies, to discuss politics.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Penance Sentence View Post
    God simply means Creator. Do you believe in Creation? Do you believe you exist
    I'm more Pantheistic, Polytheistic, as well as Monotheistic (all things considered), as well as Atheistic, as well as Deist. You can use whatever word that you want, but it's more political to be an Atheist, than anything else, which is why I identify as one.

And, I did like your political statement, but I'm waiting for more replies, to discuss politics.
    This may or may not be total quackery, but as I've said before, "Look Around" and you'll see God. Everyone is always trying so hard to prove or disprove the idea/notion of a God/God(s) existing. But at the same time, people consider being Religious as having a mental disorder. Well, with say, Schizophrenics. Those voices, both visual and auditory are fucking real to them. It effects their lives. It controls their actions. That's their reality. While not an objective one, it's still their reality and that is the World that they live in. And I don't think of Science as a belief system, but I love to fuck with people and say well you have to or MUST believe in a theoretical possibility or have enough faith in it's validity to investigate it. And Politics is based on beliefs. Words spoke and as well as written that are harder to believe than any person who believes in God, actually.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Eat Internet Primadonnas

Yeah, I never understood the Scientific mindedness on a website dedicated to an ARTIST. Religion, Spirituality, Art, and Philosophy are the same exact thing. Think about it.

And yes, politics are based on zeitgeist beliefs, which is why I'm for Atheism, and against ORGANIZED religion. Anyone who is a strict Atheist, has obviously never had chaotic sex, constantly contemplated philosophy to its logical extent (nihilism), or find any kind of spirituality or inner law. And, this objective Art/Religion/Spirituality/Philosophy is present in ALL people.

Truth IS a subjective thing, but when someone discovers their inner truth (through Art/Religion/Spirituality/Philosophy), it becomes an objective thing because we are all capable of this realization.

I honestly don't believe in people who say they don't believe in God. Only if they are Militant Politically-inclined fellows.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Penance Sentence View Post
    Yeah, I never understood the Scientific mindedness on a website dedicated to an ARTIST. Religion, Spirituality, Art, and Philosophy are the same exact thing. Think about it.

And yes, politics are based on zeitgeist beliefs, which is why I'm for Atheism, and against ORGANIZED religion. Anyone who is a strict Atheist, has obviously never had chaotic sex, constantly contemplated philosophy to its logical extent (nihilism), or find any kind of spirituality or inner law. And, this objective Art/Religion/Spirituality/Philosophy is present in ALL people.

Truth IS a subjective thing, but when someone discovers their inner truth (through Art/Religion/Spirituality/Philosophy), it becomes an objective thing because we are all capable of this realization.

I honestly don't believe in people who say they don't believe in God. Only if they are Militant Politically-inclined fellows.
    And that's something that I've always pointed out. Especially with two threads in particular. Asking if Religion is Dangerous on a Marilyn Manson website, for one. Do you really think that I thought that people would say "no"? LOL - That and I made a poll/thread about ...something about is discussing the paranormal a waste of time, to which it got a resounding number of YES'S, which I consider/considered to be quite peculiar given all of Marilyn Manson's references to mythological/esoteric ideas, concepts, symbolism etc....

And as for Atheism, just like Theism, that is a statement that you have a 100% conviction, or lack thereof, in something. I've always also said that Religion is a necessary evil much like we need a Government to provide for us and keep order. Even if it makes people stupid, violent and delusional. My idea of progress is different than a lot of people that I've gotten to know or just have spoken to/speak to. The same people that call/say that Chakra's are bullshit but know that Dark Matter and other "invisible" atoms and particles surround and pass through us all of the time. The same people who say that Ghosts aren't real who say that it's all just a hallucination. Well, what if I were to say that memories were Ghosts or that ideas and thoughts were as well? They still exist even long after you've experienced something, or after someone in your life or that you've met has come and gone. And as for being a Pantheist, I'd say that's the closest thing I can label myself as or identify with, and I actually have said that before on here.

I think anything that can exist exists or has the potential to. We've reached the limits of what we can discover for the most part in the Universe. And as observers ourselves who say that if we can't see it, then it's not real. Who is to say that there isn't some other Civilization in a hypothetical Universe who has the ideas of Humans, but also cannot observe us, so therefore to the, we don't exist?
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Eat Internet Primadonnas

Well, that's the point: every moment is changing, so NOTHING exists.
    And Atheism always approached itself to me as a very primitive form of Nihilism.
    The logical extent of primitive Nihilism is the belief in Absolute Change, and Hatred, and Denial.
    And, it's very fucking reLIEgous.

18. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post