Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Are You And What Do You Follow?

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Penance Sentence View Post
    Well, that's the point: every moment is changing, so NOTHING exists.
    And Atheism always approached itself to me as a very primitive form of Nihilism.
    The logical extent of primitive Nihilism is the belief in Absolute Change, and Hatred, and Denial.
    And, it's very fucking reLIEgous.
    Well, I'll address this and then I have to read what MTrag had to say. Then we'll discuss Politics. A cacophonous Global Language that I like to call BLAHWEH. But I see being an Atheist as too easy. Of course the idea of a Sky Daddy with a flowing white beard is ridiculous and other parables that are in a lot of Scriptures. But even without the technology that we possess today, people of Ancient Judea, Mesopotamia, Tibet, Egypt, Sumeria etc.... were very scientifically minded. They were astronomers, engineers, agriculturalists, architects. They weren't all crazy men in caves talking to themselves and pacing back and forth like an autistic kid in a fun house. But to say yes, absolutely to anything, or absolutely not to anything is naive, too easy and arrogant for the reasons I've stated above. I don't like people with fundamentalists mindsets, and no that's not just in a Religious context. People who have to constantly prove how fucking "rational" they are bother me. Even when it comes to Evolution for example, we're still learning things. Though a lot gets omitted during discussions about it. Things such as gene swapping, the The HERV-K virus etc... Also, "Whether the mushrooms came from outer space or not, the presence of psychedelic substances in the diet of early human beings created a number of changes in our evolutionary situation. When a person takes small amounts of psilocybin visual acuity improves. They can actually see slightly better, and this means that animals allowing psilocybin into their food chain would have increased hunting success, which means increased food supply, which means increased reproductive success, which is the name of the game in evolution. It is the organism that manages to propagate itself numerically that is successful. The presence of psilocybin in the diet of early pack- hunting primates caused the individuals that were ingesting the psilocybin to have increased visual acuity. At slightly higher doses of psilocybin there is sexual arousal, erection, and everything that goes under the term arousal of the central nervous system. Again, a factor which would increase reproductive success is reinforced." - Terrance McKenna
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 01-17-2016 at 02:56 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

Even if Reality constantly changed, then decided stayed the same(and sameness would be a single/united moment) for all eternity, Nothing would be the Only thing to Exist, because of evolution of erratic, to complacent is still erratic behavior.
    If Change exists now, it must always exist.

"But to say yes, absolutely to anything, or absolutely not to anything is naive, too easy and arrogant for the reasons I've stated above."
    Still an absolute statement/conclusion being made there.
    And God IS absolute, which is why I believe in many forms of God.
    Last edited by Penance Sentence; 01-17-2016 at 03:14 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Even if Reality constantly changed, then decided stayed the same for all eternity, Nothing would be the Only thing to Exist, because of evolution of erratic, to complacent is still erratic behavior.
    If Change exists now, it must always exist.
    Alright. Politics. Where do you want to start? Not like the thread that I started just to see how many smart aleks I could get to prolapse into frantically having to correct me, which was fun to watch unfold. LOL
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

Start let's talk Communism and relation to Anarchism/Capitalism, and contrasts.
    Last edited by Penance Sentence; 01-17-2016 at 05:03 PM.

I think the biggest problem that we have, well one of them, is that we are a Nation of Anarcho-Capitalists who are at the mercy of Plutocrats. As for Communism, there is an overbearing amount of coercion and while crime rates may be lower in some Communist States, they often suffer monetarily by rejecting the US Dollar as well as the Pound Sterling and the Euro and end up collapsing due to that. There's a potential currency that they're trying to develop in case of a total financial collapse called the "Amero" that would combine multiple currencies into one. And if you've been paying any attention, China's market is crashing. They are our lenders and we are their customers. Who do you think is going to "pay" more/the most for that?
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Eat Internet Primadonnas

As for governments, I think they can all be generally sustainable. I don't have personal politics myself, as in, trying to appeal to a certain philosophy. It would be too silly for someone like me, to even be an Anarchist. I believe eventually we will revert back to an Anarchistic world; I truly believe it is inevitable. I mean, if there were a nation of people who were very high intelligence, where music such as MM became the norm, I really don't think a government could possibly exist. It'd be like a bunch of subgroups/tribes living independently. It's kind of like that now, but the disparity between leader/ruler/reigner intelligence and citizen intelligence is too far apart for there to be small tribes of people, but larger governments instead. A great example would be to look at just about any country in Africa. I think Anarchism is the logical result of the average person becoming too intelligent and self-aware, that he no longer feels he needs any presider/overseer.

Capitalism will always function to ostracize a specific sect of society, to keep competition at an all-time high. The more downcast someone is, if segmented properly, can lead to a nice (albeit controlled) set of competition that seeks to use differences, and class, race, gender hate, etc as fuel on the citizen's ego, to augment production for society. The only problem with this, is that people become too compartmentalized (like what is happening now), and there is no 'golden ratio' to instigating internal conflicts for the benefit of the society, so eventually downcast groups become too segmented that there is either splitting/civil war, or worst case, a primitive form of anarchy.

Communism should work, and it sounds great, but I think could only work where the workers are virtually clones, and the leaders are class/race/group/ethnicity of themselves. The only problem with a Communistic society, is lack of Art, because of sameness, so what is the point of inspiration for working (unless there is a Unitarian religion that EVERYONE agrees with). And dissenters/rebel artists (like that one Chinese Artist) eventually will cause a dissent, to where Communism breaks down. But, with like genetic cloning, and things of that nature, it may be theoretically possible to create a nation of genetic clone workers, and it would SEEM to work, but when someone HATES another person, they actually HATE their bad qualities they seen of themselves in others. If everyone is the same, it seems like a lot of clashes would occur.

So, I believe, humanity is a repeating cycle of the same governments, which ultimately lead to Anarchy, then someone takes over, and repeat again.

And dare I say it, but there is too much cultural and ethnic diversity in this Country. It leads to/causes to much conflict. There's always going to be someone, (or a group of people), struggling for equality even though we already have that, I find people want more of a slight advantage than anything. Equality never existed, it won't ever and it mathematically can't. Not everyone can be wealthy. There will always be a lower class. There will always be BETA and ALPHA in our orders as Humans. While I am not friends with any Foxes, I do actually hold some Conservative values. The United States of America thrived better economically when there was segregation, when it was a full blown Patriarchy with assigned Gender Roles as well as with Slavery. Women fought for the right to vote and work and now they are obligated to, and the Family unit has been destroyed. Not everyone can be successful. Not everyone deserves Freedom or anything at all for that matter. The playing field will never be even, and that's why I see all of these movements as futile. And that's/those aren't racist/sexist things to say either. It's proven itself.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Double post - But I literally just saw that. But I think our idea of Anarchy now is this bullshit Utopia and not like Autonomous states such as Luxembourg for example. I don't think that most/the majority of People are capable of being self sustaining. There's too much divide even with groups that have the same values. I can't read any article commentaries anymore where People who have the same, somewhat or even for the most part, set of ethics and standards without seeing them devolve into total asshattery and name calling like retarded children in a room full of paint cans and snack packs. Yes, it's a mess.

And Communism only works for a while. There's always either a coup or an assassination. That or they Collapse due to sanctions and lack of resources, such as North Korea for instance. They are predicted, the UN regime, to collapse within the next 2 - 3 years for the very reasons that I've just described.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Eat Internet Primadonnas

You nailed it. I WOULD identify as Anarchistic, but there's too much dissent, and lack of unity. And, also, I personally could not be united to a single ideology. The more united Anarchism becomes, the more political it becomes. So, there really isn't any true Anarchism, but only Individualistic Anarchism, or microscopic Anarchism possibly.

And no way is the average citizen capable of being self-sustaining. Even if a rounded group of intelligent men started their own country, there would be too much competition, that eventually there would be a weak link.

It comes down to those who care about society/government, and those who don't. Those who don't, well, are never really seen or known of.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

You nailed it. I WOULD identify as Anarchistic, but there's too much dissent, and lack of unity. And, also, I personally could not be united to a single ideology. The more united Anarchism becomes, the more political it becomes. So, there really isn't any true Anarchism, but only Individualistic Anarchism, or microscopic Anarchism possibly.

And no way is the average citizen capable of being self-sustaining. Even if a rounded group of intelligent men started their own country, there would be too much competition, that eventually there would be a weak link.

It comes down to those who care about society/government, and those who don't. Those who don't, well, are never really seen or known of.
    Everything always boils down to Money and Politics. I agree with you there. What a lot of people these days perceive as fairness is really just outright selfishness and fake fucking outrage. No one truly gives a shit about anyone. Raise awareness! Raise awareness! Wake up! Okay, we're awake and aware. But even if we are fully aware of any given injustice or situation, we lack the unified ability to actually fucking do something about it. We're probably/quite possibly the last or second to last Generation that will get to see our Grandchildren get to experience and/or enjoy the World as we know it. Not to be an alarmist but we're entering a phase, a cycle of the Planet that is growing increasingly volatile and no one has a bug out plan. No one knows how to navigate their way around a City anymore without GPS let alone getting off of a FUCKING CONTINENT. We want all of this Social reform but we're not paying attention to what is predicted within the next 70 - 150 - 200 years to occur. All of these things for a certainty. No, not those stupid Apocalypse predictions that we get every year. Just on this Continent alone, North America, we're going to see within those time frames the Oceans rise by about 8 feet. We're nearing/approaching the 2 degrees Celcius level due to both underwater volcanic activity and post industrial environmental neglect. Yellowstone. The Cascadia Fault. New Madrid. San Andreas. That shit really is going to happen. Not to mention all of these massive super storms all around the globe. How many people have a plan for that? Oh, and we're overdue for another Carrington Event as well with an already frail electrical grid/infrastructure. We're sitting on, as a country, 800 or so Nuclear Warheads with outmoded security, tracking and launch technology. And what do you think is going to happen when all of this shit happens? Most people will die. Money. Religion. Politics. Equality. All of that/none of that won't matter. Only survival will. And do you think for ONE SECOND that these rich fucks don't have an evacuation plan ready? Why are they already sending mass casualty units to places in Arizona, Washington State, Florida, Georgia, Missouri? That and we don't rush to sign in aerospace defense bills for no reason on top of National Guard and Marines evac and triage drills in case of a total Civil breakdown as well.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 01-17-2016 at 04:45 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM