Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pogo Goes Full Man-child

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    That's a funny statement considering the band that he was in. They were never about class. That was them being themselves. And once you're out of the band, you can't really bitch about that person/ex band member being the same person that they were while they were in the band.
    I never thought about it that way. Interesting!

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    On a purely aesthetic note, even if those girls are prostitutes (which is fine, someone's got to be), they're actually both relatively pretty, it's just a shit photograph. Being that it's Pogo, though, I'm surprised they're not Japanese, or twelve.
    aahahahah; thanks for the laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNRPGwIAtI I'll just leave this here
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Twiggz On Twitter Add Twiggz on Facebook Visit Twiggz's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingYourMomsOldMound View Post
    Can you imagine how embarrassing that must be for them? I'll bet that pride they had to swallow tasted like Manson's semen.
    This made me howl laughing!!!

...Stand down dick fighters...

Cash is a poor mans $ money $

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I have just read this blog, in which someone - presumably over Facebook once again - has asked Stephen some questions: POW! POW! POW! Gacy VS. Manson

I think it's important this is shared here, actually, because even as a staunch and dedicated fan of Manson, this excerpt reveals so much more about Bier than it does to damn or smite Manson.
    For starters, "I hate them on principle". Well yes, of course he hates the gold, silver and platinum records Manson has released since his tenure, because at the heart of every gripe he brings up with Manson, money seems to rear its ugly head. Manson can occasionally be extravagant, but rarely wasteful or decadent - both in his personal life and art. Manson talks about money, but often to express that it's either damaging or that he lives within his means in spite of it. Far more frequently, however, Manson talks about the people who have stayed close to him, his inspirations and influences, and the promotion of new art or endeavours.

All-in-all (and it may well have been curated by someone who uses Provider Module), the interview was conducted with a tongue rammed squarely up Bier's ass, and that's the sort of attention he craves. The trouble is, it's brief and reveals nothing because he's still lodged in that 1996 circular rhetoric headspace where every answer to a question is an evasion. It might have worked to carefully promote Antichrist Superstar, but (even if it's to joke about tits) Manson has since learned that you have to alter how you respond to be taken either seriously, or whimsically.

Furthermore, it's a short interview because sadly, Bier hasn't got anything else to talk about.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

The question though is, even though he's always rambling like a fucking lunatic about Marilyn Manson and how he got "SCREWED!", is whether or not, outside of Manson's version, is their any validity to his claims? Has anyone actually, objectively looked into what and how he said/says things went down? This isn't the first time that a band member has felt fucked over by him, by the way. And I'm not trying to smear/paint him in a bad light. But I've never liked the constant inconsistencies in keeping a lineup. Sara Lee Lucas being kicked out of the band while Ginger Fish was on the tour bus with them, and Sara didn't even see it coming. Daisy's lawsuit against him. The comments, while not too flagrant about John never being a part of what "Marilyn Manson is and/or about". Calling Tim Skold his guitar hero and then talking about, after he called Twiggy up and brought/pretty much had to CONVINCE him to re-join the band, Skold just being "That Swedish Guy" and was pretty much jettisoned from the line up without much warning. Interviews with Ginger Fish about him being worried about Manon's lifestyle/mortality and the fact that he wasn't even aware that he could collaborate with other artists. And now all of this "PogoBabbles" stuff. Are they all lying? Are they all just "Drama Queens"?

It's always been like this. It's always been a dysfunctional band. Even with Tyler Bates. He quit touring with him because of numerous reasons such as the set list, not making enough MONEY, and the toll being on tour with him took. Plus he had other work to do and wanted to spend more time with his Family. Even Chris Vrenna had similar reasons for leaving as Tyler did. Are they just making that all up? Are they all liars? Anyway, at least with the Smashing Pumpkins, (Who broke up before even "GISH" was released), remained a band for almost a Decade afterwards and still put out GREAT ALBUMS! Even though they recorded their parts separately and only spoke to each other/hung out on tours. You know?
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I don't always think Manson is always in the right. What he did to Skold was shitty, but Pogo is crazy, and we all know that.

Manson has alluded to having some sort of mental problem before, wouldn't surprise me if that was the cause of a lot of this. I don't think he's a perfect dude by any means, but I don't think he's a bad dude either, you know?

Wasn't Born Villain straight up going to be called "Co-Morbid" at first? Regardless, if you google "Morbid panic" guess what pops up?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

You can consider that perspective, Shangri-LIE, but it's easy to pinpoint band members when they stand on the same stage as Manson, they are visibly part of the experience. Plenty of directors, sound engineers, producers, photographers or touring crews behind the scenes have never found fault in Manson's company, and continue to be employed and well paid by him.

Twiggy's reasons for leaving were not financial, neither were John's, and you could argue their corner as the two most competent and potent musicians to grace the band's fold. People make a lot of John's departure because he had lasted the test of three albums and six years, but he never really resented or lamented leaving, and did so quietly after writing some solid records.
    Certainly Manson heaps praise on whoever his confidant/muse is at any given time, it's in his 'Arch Dandy' nature. However, there are an equally long list of people who have maintained a twenty-five-year-or-more working relationship with him who've never asked for more than they're due, or complained of being mistreated. David Lynch and Johnny Depp may not have written an entire album for Manson, but they're still formidable characters within the film/music industry that demand respect, and neither (to use examples) have ever been fucked over by Manson.
    Maybe that's worth noting, that people with adequate egos (especially ones that require no further buffing) seem to work just fine with him. Tyler's contribution was deliberately temporary, but even so he's a professional who did what he signed up for and remains friends with the band. The same as Sean Beavan, or PEROU, or Floria Sigismondi, or PR Brown, etc. etc. etc.

Whether he's a pop star or not, the moral of the story seems to be; don't bite off more than you can chew. If individuals want to try and jostle for Manson's income, or bask in his glory, they get shown the door. If they can work comfortably within the remit of what he want to achieve and still remain faithful to him, they're both rewarded and appreciated in abundance. Fair is fair.
    the LORD god had made
    "

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I'd also argue without getting off track too much, if you look at the amount of people who have played in Manson - a majority has been musicians hired for the live band rather than people brought in under the "working band" unit that pretty much folded at Holy Wood. Since then, Manson has worked with one or two people more closely rather than a old school band setup. I think this plays better to Manson's strengths, letting him find people who he can either best communicate his vision with, or people who are already on the same page.

Chris Vrenna went through a nasty divorce and the "stress" of being in a band like Manson took it's toll and he's since dropped out of the performing musician scene. He tried to blame it on drugs/party lifestyle, but if Twiggy can be sober 7+ years now I'm going to say Chris just was not strong willed and blamed others for his choices. I think both Ginger and John left because they felt they did all they wanted to in Manson. Both has instances where outside collaborations either allowed or not, made them feel confined and they needed to branch out. Again, Twiggy has since been involved in other projects so maybe Manson has a different outlook on it now but it didn't seem like anyone got "fucked over" as some complain.

Skold, I think falls into that category where he was hired gun but given the musical driving seat. Much like S.D. said, Manson will compliment whoever is helping create his vision at the time but I never got the strong impression that Manson and Skold were buddies or really had any relationship outside a working one in the musical business. Maybe some of his praise to Skold was to project away from his missing musical soulmate (Twiggy), maybe not as a personal dig but to project strength and unity. The fact that Manson and Twiggy reconnected was clear that is where Manson's musical center was. I think it was clear prior to Twiggy's official exit that there was tension between Skold and Twiggy and they could never be in a band together.

So looking at the past members the only people who cry fucked over (Daisy and Pogo) are people involved in the early stages of the band, and I think became entitled to ownership beyond their artistic input. From all accounts, Pogo tuned out during the GAOG recording session but still went on tour and collected pay. Once he stopped coming around for the next album, he got his credit card turned off. You stop doing your job, you get fired (same thing happened to ZimZum). Manson has always been about people pulling their weight, if they become a liability or appear to be milking Manson for personal gain rather than help make the music they should be they get shown the door.

While there is a long list of people who have performed with Manson, I think there's a short list of people who have been involved deeply enough that their exit of the band takes a closer look rather then their services no longer being needed. Except Spencer, he was a fucker.

Edit: Tyler has already been said to be working with Manson on the new album so I can't imagine a sour relationship. It wasn't that Manson wasn't paying him his worth, but his main job is a lucrative one that probably makes more than being in a touring band. It was known he couldn't join a rock band full time which is why Paul was brought in to be there on guitar. So scheduling was known ahead of touring and planned for and they rode it as long as they could before Tyler was needed back on film. I think this is a unique situation compared to other musicians brought in.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I think the sensible, discerning fan could've worked out Tyler Bates' scenario from the outset. Manson wanted to finalise the cinematic record he'd been suggesting for several years. It was attempted thematically with The High End Of Low, satirically and sartorially within the Born Villain film and surrounding stage-show, and finally as a musical realisation on The Pale Emperor.
    Bates' primary success has been in scoring, but he also knows how to hold together a band and make an album, so he did. I think it would be grand to retain his services as a collaborator (not just for another album, but perhaps for numerous, like Visconti did for Bowie), and as Cringeon confirms, that's never been off the cards, Manson just needed to get the album out of his system and he utilised the right skills to achieve it.

Personally I'd enjoy Bates in a production role for the next record, as I love any Twiggy-driven project. I still want Fred back in the fold, even if it was just laying some tracks down, although it would be sick to see him touring again, if Queen Kwong didn't clash too much. Anyway, regarding the matter at hand, there's lots of hard-working, professional musicians who've worked with Manson. I can only think of two who left and got really sore about Manson's enduring success, and they're Stephen Bier and Scott Putesky. Maybe they should both bury the hatchet and start a band together. I'm sure it would be great.
    the LORD god had made
    "

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

And my contention was that unless you really have had this explained in full detail by a longstanding inside source or by Manson himself, have there been any other people who have seen it that way and expressed themselves as such? And yes, Tyler was a short term fixture, and while there was no animosity, I believe there was a a user, (possibly The Overman?), where he met Tyler at a bar and reported back the things that I just cited. And, well as for Daisy and Pogo, that's how they feel. It's not just fans who decided that they are "entitled beyond their artistic output".

And there have always been multiple reason given for why a member either left the band or was let go. That and the terms that they were let go on. Of course super fans and even people who work for him now are going to have some elaborate defense for him. On the other hand, for people who were also close to him for a long time, I've found that their stories also differ. And Chris did blame it on the Drugs/Party lifestyle, but just because Twiggy, (who is a total boss, btw), you can't say that's not the reason just because Manson has had a Brotherhood type of relationship for over 20 years now.

If each member knew that they were only brought in for specific roles, and for a certain era/time period, then there wouldn't be so much controversy. Specifically Daisy, Zim, Ginger and John. And the typical fan or even on with a slight insight in their personal lives and those who have been around the band during the past wouldn't know these things.

Again, I'm not bashing/hating on Manson. But if you have a line up that works, and that's why I brought up the Pumpkins, you stil continue to create music together. Even if their are personal issues between each other. I can see letting go of a band member here and there, but it's been almost every era, and not that Marilyn Manson hasn't continued to be successful/excelled, I don't buy this whole "Revolving Door of Collaborators to add a different element" narrative.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post