Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pogo Goes Full Man-child

I've gotta say, for all his lunatic cred, he was actually SUPER nice, warm, friendly, and accommodating the one time I met him and we hung out.

Granted, it was just that once...but it was maybe two or three hours long, fwiw.

It's a shame to see that he's still so bitter and dwelling over it all. I honestly always thought he was GREAT as a live keyboardist and a pretty interesting guy, so I really wish he could center himself and achieve the same level of post-Manson success that, say, J5 and Ginger have. I'm sure he has it in him. Hell, Manson himself had faith in his photography, math-music, and all-around genius, after all. Read some of his old interviews out there, he really is rather intelligent. With all the potential, exposure, and attention at his disposal, it's actually quite sad and disappointing to have seen him seemingly devolve into nothing more than a facebook mouthpiece for shit-talking Manson.

Go watch a live bootleg of him in the band. Especially something proshot in the daylight or a LIVIDZ boot like the 5/2/97 show. Pogo was KICKING ASS on keys. It's not about his skill as a pianist or his lack thereof. Half the time he was basically just slamming guitar chords out on the keytar, but OMFG it really, really thickened-up the sound of the band and, no matter the level of difficulty or otherwise, it fucking ROCKED.

Hell, forget what he played DURING the songs. Listen to what he did BETWEEN the songs while his bandmates were switching instruments, changing wardrobe, or w/e. There's a REASON he was credited on the DttWT VHS for what he did there, it was fucking brilliant.

Even the songs where he was just triggering loops and shit he was usually STILL fucking with the texture of the sounds he triggered, on the fly and live in real-time. No one's saying he's ready for the symphony orchestra or anything like that, but GODDAMN he did what he did exceptionally.

Even that snide cover of a Killing Joke song he played on after leaving Manson was actually pretty damned good. Not exactly the most revelatory or creative re-imagining of the song, but it was certainly capably executed and showed promise.

My point is, the guy's not exactly human dogshit or a waste of space. I can understand why he must have felt jilted and neglected after having not been included in the EAT ME, DRINK ME sessions, not to mention money/contracts/lawyers/agents/egos/blah-blah-blah. But instead of working the problem, whatever it was, he slammed the door shut and seems to have basically trapped himself in a dungeon of spite and irrelevance ever since.

Meanwhile, Manson's carried on making killer music, travelling the world, enjoying himself, and living his life.

I think it's pretty fucking clear who it is between the two of them that's come out on top.

Pogo needs to get back to work and stop embarrassing himself.

2. Like 11 Member(s) liked this post

rip pogo
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Pogo is a joke. All he does is tell people not to talk about Marilyn Manson on his Facebook and then threatens to block people if they do... and then when all the MM talk dries up he's the one who brings him up again. He just talks shit about MM to keep his name out there now.

6. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Oddly I had a dream last night that Manson took a bullet to the head, self induced.

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

"Not.......in this world"
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Marilyn Manson without Pogo is still Marilyn Manson. Pogo without Manson isn't shit.

The 380K he stole from Manson finally dried out and now he's selling MM merch on Facebook, trying to make a few hundred bucks if he can.

Also, his band has fewer likes on FB than the average local bar cover act: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MMII/141926122486462

11. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Pogo should go fuck himself already.A failed musician who has loads of bitterness and still living in the past.He should move on and work on his own as Manson does and just let go.He sued Manson in court many years ago already.If there is a legal dispute between himself and Manson he can just take it to the court and sue him instead of these childish rants.He tried to do a project named MMIV or something like that and did not succeed and as far as I remember did a cover for a killing joke song and did not succeed. If he cannot work as a musician, he should move on to something else and he will be fine.I am not defending Manson blindly BTW.However, I just find this sort of a an old joke said all the time until it became boring.

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post

Meanwhile, Manson's carried on making killer music, travelling the world, enjoying himself, and living his life.

Pogo needs to get back to work and stop embarrassing himself.
    Very well said.You have summed it up here.

Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I gave Steven (lol) a nice long message on FB. Let's see if he'll reply.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post