Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Psychobabble and why is it not embraced more amongst fans?

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Default Psychobabble and why is it not embraced more amongst fans?

We all know that Marilyn Monroe was a hollow, shallow, dumb whore. So, that part is embraced in some ways. Charles Manson was a psychobabble, LSD brained, semi-literate with a messiah complex liberator for people that he was just smart enough to make think that he was mystical....and full of Worldly Knowledge. That post card that Manson got from him. *In the voice of Charles Manson* - Do you think that was a compliment? *Strokes Beard* LOL

Nothing about Marilyn Manson has ever really been based entirely in reality. A lot of his concepts involve subjects that a lot of rational people would consider to be complete bullshit. Yet, it's inspiring. Now, whenever, and I've seen this over the 20+ years or so of being a fan. Is that whenever other People speak about the same Philosophies, enjoy the same Discordian Literature that he does, banter and ramble on, they're seen as being completely annoying and "retarded'. And that's always been something that has amused me.

Even whenever it comes to offensive topics of discussion, or weird and controversial evokers/provokers, is this something that is an artist or "By Profession" privilege only? Marilyn Manson is an escape from logic. It's about escaping knowing how depressingly insignificant we all really are in the full scope of the Universe and his art provides some sort of Spiritual and enjoyable distractions from the inevitability's, as well as the confusion in a lot of peoples lives.

But again, is all of this only allowed/permitted for those with an artistic/"By Profession" privilege to do so?

*Jeff Foxworthy routine time. - "You Probably Shouldn't be a Marilyn Manson fan if..."

If the words spirituality, believe and magic bother you...then you probably shouldn't be a Marilyn Manson Fan. *Crowd erupts with uncontrollable laughter

If subject matters such as Esoteric Philosophy, Mysticism, Angels, Demons, Ouija Boards, Divination, God, The Devil, Aliens and Ghosts come across to you as nonsense. Then you probably shouldn't be a Marilyn Manson fan *Crowd erupts with uncontrollable laughter

If you expect rationality, passivity and harmony amongst each other. Then you probably shouldn't be a Marilyn Manson fan. *Crowd erupts with uncontrollable laughter

If you ....That's all I've got for right now.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 02-26-2016 at 05:58 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

If you expect rationality, passivity and harmony amongst each other. Then you probably shouldn't be a Marilyn Manson fan.
    You say that, but I swear this is one of the most calm, rational fan bases I've ever been apart of. If you want real psychos, try the Silent Hill forums, but a lot of those have died out over the years.

3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

Yeah, MM is kind of like escapist fiction, that still provides some sense of truth to one's life, like would happen if some nerd looked far too deeply into Superman comic books, or Star Wars. It's the same concept, and out of that fantastical musing, comes the highest imagination of someone's inner most thoughts, that the creator the fiction didn't even intend for.

I promise that MM's work, and how it applies to my life, is far different than other interpretations of his work. This really IS some kind of religion, and I think we're all representing different denominations.

To use Christian theology...my style of MM fandom is like Rosicrucrianism, or a branch of Gnostisicism, and I'd say the majority here are Catholics. Some Born Again Manson fans. Some Protestants. The "We're From America" types are the Mormons. hehehe

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Eh, I'm just having fun. I hate text. Who in their right mind would think that someone was being 100% serious while using the "voice" of Charles Manson and FUCKING Jeff Foxworthy? *In the voice of Gob from Arrested Development - Oh, C'MON! LOL
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM