Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: [35]: Aug 20 2016 - Ak-Chin Pavilion - Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Default [35]: Aug 20 2016 - Ak-Chin Pavilion - Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Aug 20 2016
    SLIPKNOT - MARILYN MANSON - OF MICE AND MEN
    Venue: Ak-Chin Pavilion

Tickets On Sale March 4th 2016

Members Attending:
    • grotesquemonkey015

Going!

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Really looking forward for tomorrow show! Every time I visit this venue it reminds me of the 2007 tour with Slayer. All the tension between the fans!

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add gunz on Facebook Follow gunz on Tumblr

Keep us posted and have a damn good time

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Once when Of Mice and Men finished their set an unknown voice made an announcement. The show is forced to be delayed for approximately 40 minutes due to weather conditions (monsoon season). A storm of profanity echoed through the venue “fuck you!” The crowd was at edge due to the delay. Everyone was advised to take safety precautions especially lawn attendants. Things weren’t looking too well. Especially when another announcement was made that the show will be delayed for another 40 minutes! Fear of a concert being cancelled has never looked so intense. You could tell that security was worried that frustration will escalate among the crowd. I even heard among the crowd that police officers were now present. After waiting 80 minutes another announcement was made. This announcement started off sounding like bad news, but it was good news. The show was about to start! The black curtain drops.

Phoenix, AZ was in for a real treat. Once when the monstrous riff of Angel with the Scabbed Wings is heard the crowd instantly goes for it. Head first. “This aint no Phoenix baby” Manson screams through the microphone looking right at Tyler Bates. The intro of Birds of Hell Awaiting is performed as teaser going straight into Disposable Teens. Blood begins to shed during No Reflection. Respect is paid to the late David Bowie when Manson sings Moonage Daydream right before Mobscene. Manson then looks at the crowd and looks at the band and in Manson fashion says the closest thing to thank you. Twiggy, Tyler, Gil, Paul, and Daniel all were feeding off the energy that Manson was delivering in Phoenix. During Irresponsible Hate Anthem Manson even had Gil replay the outro of Hate Anthem twice! Showing the crowd the drum skills this man holds. Throughout the night Manson would make facial gestures, and you could see the emotion that was poured into each song. The one song that really captures the emotional side is Coma White. The fun side comes out when Twiggy just plays the bass portion of The Beautiful People while Manson sings. Manson demands that the crowd joins in, and sure enough the crowd did. I was a little nervous because I was at the Tucson show last fall and the bass version of The Beautiful People was played, and the crowd was pissed! This wasn’t the case this time because the song instantly went into normal routine once the crowd proved to Manson that they were ready.

Anyone who has doubted Marilyn Manson and his potential to continue as Marilyn Manson has no idea. Marilyn Manson has gotten rawer. The microphone slams, falling onto the speaker monitors, stripped down projection, etc. resembling the early days of punk rock.

Now I can’t say that I was too impressed with Slipknot. The show was exactly the same as the last. All the same corny cliché rock n roll gimmicks were played. This band has really lost their intensity that they once had. Also all the songs become one. Keep in mind I use to adore this band. I’m not dissing Slipknot, but they just don’t do it for me anymore. Looks like I was only able to grow with Marilyn Manson.

Angel with the Scabbed Wings
    The Birds of Hell Awaiting Intro
    Disposable Teens
    No Reflection
    Moonage Daydream (vocal)
    Mobscene
    Cupid Carries a Gun
    Irresponsible Hate Anthem
    The Dope Show
    Sweet Dreams
    Antichrist Superstar
    Coma White
    The Beautiful People

Side note- Traditional intro loop of Sweet Dreams was not used to start off song. Instead something else was played. Overhead other crowd members saying they could've left 3 songs within Slipknot.

10. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Last edited by grotesquemonkey015; 08-21-2016 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Double Post?