Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [06]: Jul 06 2016 - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater - Wantagh, New York, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomie View Post
    AWFUL-TERRIBLE-HORRIBLE-PATHETIC-SHITTY-TOUR!!!!!
    Where you at the show? Is this your review? Or is your opinion based on smartphone videos and pictures? Just curious.

One of the better shows in recent memory - Manson is on fire and sounds very good! So does the rest of the band!

Follow Phenomie On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mexxecutioner View Post
    Where you at the show? Is this your review? Or is your opinion based on smartphone videos and pictures? Just curious.
    shitty setlist, his voice sounds really terrible ,espcecially screams, forgetting lyrics etc etc....
    Nighttime is the right time.

Follow Phenomie On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mexxecutioner View Post
    ouh so so so good?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ysePsDhWLA
    Nighttime is the right time.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    digging too deep TheDrugsLikeMe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomie View Post
    Yeah.... I can't justify that performance. I mean there are some solid videos from this tour but there are a lot of duds too.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Listen in headphones, you'll hear the mix/PA was beyond fucked up. It wasn't only on Manson, something more fucked up was going on

digging too deep TheDrugsLikeMe's Avatar

It sounds like it's playing through two different systems out of sync or there's a massive delay or something. No way can the drums be that off without the whole song falling apart performance-wise

Quote Originally Posted by MA-86 View Post
    One of the better shows in recent memory - Manson is on fire and sounds very good! So does the rest of the band!
    Well...no. He is NOT on fire, he walks up and down like he doesn't know what to do on stage. His voice might has been better over the last couple of years but his screams are actually not the same as they where around 1996-2003. He shouts now, not screaming anymore with his head voice.

I think Phenomie is right on most points.

Sure, you see your idol with different eyes than everybody else in this world and noone can blame you for that. But since 2009 I was watching some live-shows have grown up and noticed, Manson might have fun with TPE now but he realised he can't go in a different way making music, 'cause everyone wants to see songs like "the reflecting god" or other heavy songs. Guys, he is 47 years old, fucked up a marriage, doesn't have kids and every fan wants to see him performing stuff he did in young years.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by 404 View Post
    Well...no. He is NOT on fire, he walks up and down like he doesn't know what to do on stage. His voice might has been better over the last couple of years but his screams are actually not the same as they where around 1996-2003. He shouts now, not screaming anymore with his head voice.

I think Phenomie is right on most points.

Sure, you see your idol with different eyes than everybody else in this world and noone can blame you for that. But since 2009 I was watching some live-shows have grown up and noticed, Manson might have fun with TPE now but he realised he can't go in a different way making music, 'cause everyone wants to see songs like "the reflecting god" or other heavy songs. Guys, he is 47 years old, fucked up a marriage, doesn't have kids and every fan wants to see him performing stuff he did in young years.
    If you compare his voice now and in 2009, there definitely is an improvement. And the fact that he doesn't scream as he used to - I can imagine that years of touring and aging itself changed his voice a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    If you compare his voice now and in 2009, there definitely is an improvement. And the fact that he doesn't scream as he used to - I can imagine that years of touring and aging itself changed his voice a lot.
    Of course there is an improvement comparing 2009. Everything is an improvement to 2009 afterwards. And yes, the last 20 years definetily changed his voice. BUT! Just watch him between the lyric-parts, he often looks through the area not knowing what to do on stage. There is no body tension in about 90% of his performance.

Look at Corey Taylor, he walks up and down, moving fast and precise, almost like a choreography, interacting with the whole crowd like "that's the deal, folks, we are here to fuck someone's asses with you!". Despite his broken neck. And Manson? It feels like half the show he's crawling on his knees. I watched about 40 live-clips and about 50% of them he fucked up the lyrics.

It's really sad to say but Marilyn Manson is not a good live-band and that's not the random-changing bandmembers fault.