Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [16]: Jul 20 2016 - Bell Centre - Montreal, Quebec, Canada

digging too deep TheDrugsLikeMe's Avatar

It just gets better and better! /s

Quote Originally Posted by bryan_65 View Post
    WOW, only 8 songs. I am stating to question if I even want to see him for the 10th time in STL and starting to question if I am still going to be a fan. The concerts and set-list in the past are what made into the fan I am, its seems he may not keep me in the future. I seen Candlebox Tuesday for my 140th different live band and they still killed it in a 120 degree bar with no AC. Good concerts is what keeps my going and the same reason NIN will alwalys be my favorite. Pull it together Manson FUCK. If Slipknot is the reason for a short set, he should have said no to the tour or have no opening band like the Gruesome Twosome tour, hell Alice went on first and did 22 songs. Then Zombie actuality had to play 17 songs to not be a total disappointment, the longest I have seen that asshole play.

Rant over.
    Its a good thing MM is the opener ,he could never follow Slipknot the way he is right now
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

The sad thing is people actually are walking way thinking slipknot is good.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by grotesquemonkey015 View Post
    The sad thing is people actually are walking way thinking slipknot is good.
    Say what you want about Slipknot, but they do put on a great fucking show and supply enormous energy from top to bottom. Same with Rob Zombie. If you don't dig his music, that's fine, but he puts of one hell of a show.

The thing with Manson I'm starting to feel is its best to just see him in venues where it's more intimate. I've seen him in intimate venues and I've seen him in a bigger venue. He's stated before that he's not particularly fond of playing in bigger venues as he prefers more intimate shows. We all know he still has it in him to put on great shows. During the Hell Not Hallelujah Tour, all the shows seemed incredible.

EDIT: I've come to understand the reason for the short set list. This isn't a co-headlining tour and Manson is simply the opener. Openers have shorter sets. If you want to see a longer set, go see him when he headlines.
    Last edited by cataract777; 07-21-2016 at 01:07 PM.

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add arkahno on Facebook Follow arkahno on Tumblr

This shitknot+manson tour should never happened.

I remember back in the 90's, Manson was the star, he and his band was the path to follow, he was the bigger one, when slpiknot came as a band, they are a a little band trying to step up in the nu-metal scene, and now Manson is opening for that band? I don't like it, Manson should be the main act.

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by arkahno View Post
    This shitknot+manson tour should never happened.

I remember back in the 90's, Manson was the star, he and his band was the path to follow, he was the bigger one, when slpiknot came as a band, they are a a little band trying to step up in the nu-metal scene, and now Manson is opening for that band? I don't like it, Manson should be the main act.
    The reason why Slipknot is the main act is because they are the band that will sell more tickets, unfortunately. Slipknot plays really big venues because of it. Same goes for The Smashing Pumpkins and Alice Cooper. Both of those have the tendency to sell more tickets than Manson, thus is why they're labeled headliners.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'm glad the third show of this tour I'm attending next week is about 45 minutes from home. 8 songs now is ridiculous. Slipknot are fucking amazing live and their latest album is probably their best since IOWA.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    Say what you want about Slipknot, but they do put on a great fucking show and supply enormous energy from top to bottom. Same with Rob Zombie. If you don't dig his music, that's fine, but he puts of one hell of a show.

The thing with Manson I'm starting to feel is its best to just see him in venues where it's more intimate. I've seen him in intimate venues and I've seen him in a bigger venue. He's stated before that he's not particularly fond of playing in bigger venues as he prefers more intimate shows. We all know he still has it in him to put on great shows. During the Hell Not Hallelujah Tour, all the shows seemed incredible.

EDIT: I've come to understand the reason for the short set list. This isn't a co-headlining tour and Manson is simply the opener. Openers have shorter sets. If you want to see a longer set, go see him when he headlines.
    I use to be a huge Slipknot fan actually. I'm a little excited to see them after all these years. I don't know what to make of it, since this band use to mean so much to me. I love White Zombie, and enjoy some of Rob Zombie. I just got bored of the same show Rob Zombie always performs.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I find he needs these pre album release tours to get the rust off. Every tour he seems to start off kinda slow.. I thoought he did well in most of the Pale Emperor shows. But.. the fucking set list needs to be changed up. Manson is my fav band and some of his shows have been the best shows i've ever seen. But... you need to change up the set list. The Pale Emperor was an amazing album.. why not play more from that album??? Manson to is almost a studio artist now. When he is on he is on. But he is off way more then other bands. His music is my favorite and The Pale Emperor is amazing. Everything about it. I just hope by the time the new album is released he polishes things up and comes out strong with a solid set list. Disposable Teens, Mobscene and No Reflection can be switched out. He puts in a few songs like Wrapped In Plastic, Minute Of Decay, Spade, Evidence or Eat Me Drink Me and I bet fans would go crazy.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I agree with Cataract, he definitely prefers the intimate shows. When I saw him live last year he did great and I mean it. I was in the front row and the way he handled himself on stage was what I've wanted to see. Of course it wasn't as wild as the old days but I went in with low expectations and walked away impressed. The real problem is I feel like one he isn't as comfortable on stage anymore and I think he's been fighting that since 2007 with EMDM. I still feel like he could pull off the amazing quality he did during the 90's and early 00's and when I say that I fucking mean it.

I personally don't care if his scream isn't as good as it was back in the day but he can at least try and be more emotive and fucking bring back the crazy mannerisms that I know he can do. Look at the live performances of Man That You Fear and Apple of Sodom or the original live performance of Antichrist Superstar. That! is what I want to see in terms of a stage show but I think he cares far more about his albums than the concerts nowadays. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong someday cause it isn't too late to get YOUR GROOVE BACK homeboy. That is all I want, just him to be in the groove and do some awesome shit on stage again. Cause I know if he put 666% effort into it he could pull it off.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post