Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: If The Pale Emperor Had Been The Post-Columbine Album...?

Default If The Pale Emperor Had Been The Post-Columbine Album...?

...instead of Holy Wood. Exactly as it is now, well except it'd have his younger voice, obviously.

I don't know why I'm even wondering this, but I had a dream related to it last night. I'm not dogging on HW at all, it was just a random thought I had and wanted to explore.

It'd be interesting because it would be 3 dramatically different albums in a row, and a sound that wasn't really atypical of that time period.

Killing Strangers would take on a whole new meaning! Lol

I just wonder if MM's career would have panned out differently or not.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

"Killing Strangers would take on a whole new meaning! Lol"

hahahahhahahhaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahaha

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Curious concept - no real idea because everything was really so different then. I am not that person neither are you neither is Manson. Brings to thought that whole parallel reality co- in some alternate verse TPE did come out instead of Hollywood.

Now open that portal....
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

There are so many threads like this lol. It's an endlessly interesting topic that doesn't get anywhere. I've talked about if Manson released all of his albums in backwards order, so starting with TPE instead of Portrait, followed by Born Villain instead of Antichrist, etc... which I think would be interesting... The cool thing is that if you add it up, it still ends up with GAOG fitting exactly where it is both ways around, so it's as if even in an alternate universe, he was destined to be at that point in that state of mind at precisely that point. But all of this is bullshit of course.

7. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

There's a scope to some of The Pale Emperor that fits the mood Manson created during Holy Wood, but that album became so interlocked with Columbine and the surrounding climate of fear that it's hard to associate other music with what was occurring.

I think Killing Strangers (as mentioned), Deep Six, Slave Only Dreams To Be King, Birds Of Hell Awaiting and Odds Of Even echo that introspective, 'Us Against The World' feeling that Holy Wood perfected, but you really only understand the scale of what Manson was addressing during 2000 by understanding the events that took place simultaneously. If Manson had chosen to be a bit more selfish on Holy Wood, he could've made the album focus more on himself, and as such the results may have veered closer to what we hear on The High End Of Low or The Pale Emperor. However, neither of those albums were a response to something like Columbine, and so they are self-reliant rather than being associated with a specific external event.

I can hear the enormity of Columbine echoed in Warship My Wreck, and songs like I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell, even if they're not specifically relative to that occasion.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post