Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep Six/Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms

Default Deep Six/Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms

Has anyone noticed this?

It's like a stranger had a key, came inside of my mind
    And moved all my things around
    He didn't know that snakes can't kneel or pray
    Can't try to break the psyche down

There isn't a key,
    You can use on me
    There isn't a key,
    So lay down your arms
    Arms
    Arms

So, I think most are aware LDYGDA is about Manson fighting himself, right? Makes me wonder if there's any correlation between the two or simply a coincidence. Is Manson saying that he's become a stranger to himself?

Or am I just talking about my ass?

I think I'm just talking out my ass.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

I can't quite put my finger in it, but I think it may be a bit of both.

One way you can look at it is it's as if Manson has somehow become weakened to allow whomever tries to commit destruction into his mind, and as a result they "moved all of his things around". Whereas before he proclaimed there wasn't a key you can use on him, something managed to break him down. I don't particularly think there's a corellation between the two though.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

I think key to the heart is a bit different than someone getting inside your head. Both obviously require letting people get close, but Deep Six could be less about someone but a sudden shift in his mind as if someone rearranged.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    I think key to the heart is a bit different than someone getting inside your head. Both obviously require letting people get close, but Deep Six could be less about someone but a sudden shift in his mind as if someone rearranged.
    I was thinking along those lines as well. I thought of the story of Cupid and Psyche.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12, KJV

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

It might be prudent to remember that locks, like doors, operate inwardly as well as out. As Manson warned during The High End Of Low; "I'm well aware I'm a danger to myself, are you aware I'm a danger to others?".
    Perhaps the songs are not just suggesting that he can be 'unlocked' (weakened) but rather that using this 'key' can result in being locked inside, or releasing what was dormant. It works in tandem with Manson's suspicion of psychiatry.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

"...and the lock has been raped"
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

12. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

People are still on the whole 'dual personality' stink? Well, this is a Manson fan site [over]anal-izing forum...

Anyways, this song shares a concept with pretty much every album since the golden age of grotesque. Its basically a personal journey that's had to deal with pain, stripping the self down, and rebuilding anew; the process of personal growth. And each album is just a different stage of that process. And it isn't over yet. The Pale Emperor was just a lesson in one's own mortality, no matter how much "swagger" you carry with you its all gonna end for each one of us eventually. And so the next album is gonna be the next stage pretty much.

Its like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind, and moved all my things around. He didn't know snakes can't kneel or pray; can't try to break the psyche down.

To open this box, you can't shoot the lock.
    There isn't a key you can use on me

I broke open the box when I spoke the spell, and I became an entrance wound to your bedroom grave. And I was paid with the shadow of consensual rape.

You'll have to cut it down and burn me into splinters, or I'll unwrap the string that was me around your finger and I'll hang you in your bedroom burial ground

I think the lock metaphor has more to do with opening up to other people. In Deep Six I'm pretty sure its about how there are people who mess with his head but "they don't know who they're messing with."

In EAT ME, DRINK ME there was the line about the lock being raped and that's an easy one, somebody got into his head; this other someone who had been in all the songs on that album.
    Last edited by Manson15Marilyn; 04-19-2016 at 09:25 PM.
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Manson15Marilyn View Post
    People are still on the whole 'dual personality' stink? Well, this is a Manson fan site [over]anal-izing forum...

Anyways, this song shares a concept with pretty much every album since the golden age of grotesque. Its basically a personal journey that's had to deal with pain, stripping the self down, and rebuilding anew; the process of personal growth. And each album is just a different stage of that process. And it isn't over yet. The Pale Emperor was just a lesson in one's own mortality, no matter how much "swagger" you carry with you its all gonna end for each one of us eventually. And so the next album is gonna be the next stage pretty much.

Its like a stranger had a key, came inside my mind, and moved all my things around. He didn't know snakes can't kneel or pray; can't try to break the psyche down.

To open this box, you can't shoot the lock.
    There isn't a key you can use on me

I broke open the box when I spoke the spell, and I became an entrance wound to your bedroom grave. And I was paid with the shadow of consensual rape.

You'll have to cut it down and burn me into splinters, or I'll unwrap the string that was me around your finger and I'll hang you in your bedroom burial ground

I think the lock metaphor has more to do with opening up to other people. In Deep Six I'm pretty sure its about how there are people who mess with his head but "they don't know who they're messing with."

In EAT ME, DRINK ME there was the line about the lock being raped and that's an easy one, somebody got into his head; this other someone who had been in all the songs on that album.
    And his theme since Eat Me, Drink Me has been threatening and he's been doing just that since, with himself.

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

Where'd you get that from?
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

Have you listened to these songs since Eat Me, Drink Me? They are all full of threats. I don't see how anyone would even question this.