Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Disassociative / Cryptorchid

Default Disassociative / Cryptorchid

Given the "trilogy" including MA and ACSS I thought this was relevant in someway and may lead to some discovery as usual...

Anyone else clocked the use of spoken numbers almost like countdowns before big events (metaphorically) in these two songs?

In "Cryptorchid" at 0:47 is Manson saying "4, 3, 2, 1..."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj_vCNevsfY
    It is later on in which the verse is repeated and the song is known to take a different course, becoming minimal employing only steady heartbeat motions. This is thought to be Manson's transformation or transition between the Heirophant and the Worm, ("never get to 7, I feel my back is changing shape")

In "Disassociative" at around 3:30 is a vocal sample saying "4, 3, 2, 1..."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU4NfOdU3l8
    I always felt this is where the song really hits you and you get to hear Manson break down almost, the high nearly screaming vocals are akin to both pain and pleasure and could be signifying another transformation ("the nervous system's down, I can never get out of here")

Again, with MM I don't believe this is exactly unintentional but take of it as you will.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

I've never heard that sample in Disassociative before you mentioned it. All this stuff we just now find in his songs man.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

At least with Disassociative I've always heard that as the rocket countdown before blast off into space. Maybe when the drugs kick in and he is transported elsewhere, but to me it's countdown to him traveling somewhere rather than an event happening to him where he's at.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Multiple Personality disorder or Disassociative Identity Disorder...

What Are the Symptoms of Dissociative Identity Disorder?
    Dissociative identity disorder is characterized by the presence of two or more distinct or split identities or personality states that continually have power over the person's behavior. With dissociative identity disorder, there's also an inability to recall key personal information that is too far-reaching to be explained as mere forgetfulness. With dissociative identity disorder, there are also highly distinct memory variations, which fluctuate with the person's split personality.

The "alters" or different identities have their own age, sex, or race. Each has his or her own postures, gestures, and distinct way of talking. Sometimes the alters are imaginary people; sometimes they are animals. As each personality reveals itself and controls the individuals' behavior and thoughts, it's called "switching." Switching can take seconds to minutes to days. When under hypnosis, the person's different "alters" or identities may be very responsive to the therapist's requests.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I've never heard that sample in Disassociative before you mentioned it. All this stuff we just now find in his songs man.
    This isn't meant to be a criticism of you at all, but I'm always surprised by some of the things people don't hear in these songs that seem very dominant to me. Either people don't pay as much attention as I do, or my hearing is more sensitive than I give myself credit for.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    This isn't meant to be a criticism of you at all, but I'm always surprised by some of the things people don't hear in these songs that seem very dominant to me. Either people don't pay as much attention as I do, or my hearing is more sensitive than I give myself credit for.
    Well, aren't you special? Lol. Sometimes when I listen to something for the first time, I don't hear every little detail, and when I listen to it afterwards, I listen to it the same way as I did the fir st time, so unless I am looking to hear something, I won't hear it, unless I am not paying attention to what I am supposed to hear, and hear other things. ANYWAY... Since I DID hear that countdown, I compare it to the countdown in Bowie's "Space Oddity".
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post