Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Fan Opinions II

Default Controversial Fan Opinions II

mOBSCENE was the wrong choice for the GAOG single.

Should have been The Bright Young Things.

2. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Svperstar13 View Post
    I love GAOG, but it's "too loud" if that makes any sense. I find it hard to listen to the album in it's entirety at one sitting for some reason.
    I totally agree. It gives me a headache. Holy Wood is MM's Masterpiece.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Sunday AIDS & Church Wine jacobn28's Avatar

EMDM is almost un-listenable for me. The vocal effect is so fucking annoying, and it's there for the WHOLE ALBUM. Ugh.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

1. Marilyn Manson is no longer a talented performer or artist.
    2. He has enormous potential to regain his lost talent.
    3. He will never take the necessary steps toward regaining his lost talent or self improvement.
    4. His next album will be a critical failure and will also be his last album.
    5. Twiggy will leave once again within the next 3 years and this time it will be permanent.
    6. Trent is the superior human.
    7. There will be NO Antichrist Superstar reunion or anniversary tour.
    8. Daisy Berkowitz is suicidal
    9. Pogo will be the one who lives out his days as a happy(well fed) man.
    10. Zim Zum will come out of hiding to gather more nuts for the long winter.

Sheesh this one was harsh but SOMEONE had to say it.. I really hope the worse ones aren't true but hey I have no evidence to support anything different :)

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zimscum View Post
    Sheesh this one was harsh but SOMEONE had to say it.. I really hope the worse ones aren't true but hey I have no evidence to support anything different :)
    You have no evidence to support anything at all, other than the conclusion that you're PM's most dedicated troll.

9. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

Hey why you gotta hurt my feeling like that?
    :(

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Preface; Before I go into this. There are some things to/that I'd like to make note of. These are just some of the reasons why I am so much MORE of a fan than you'll ever know....or that I come across as most of the time. Online Fan Base wise, it was never unusual for a long time to see someone who has/had been on a message board for about 6 - 7 years with a post count above 3000 ....4, 5, 6 Thousand or even more. So for people that think that I talk too much, I do, deal with it you passive aggressive fucking sweethearts you! - Terroja, Profane, ..... S.D. Who just in the span of about 3 1/2 to 4 years accrued almost 2500 -3000 total posts, who also just happened to call me out on it/THAT. LOL - Only I have been on here for 8 years. So, if you think of it in THOSE terms, by that metric, it's not really A LOT. It's quite average for an active every day poster over a long activity span/period of time. Or it used to be at least. There are People who are more ACTIVE and post MORE on their own Facebook's/Twitter/Instagram and other Social Media outlets. So, go "Meet Big Bob". But anyway, on that note...

- Marilyn Manson isn't really all that eccentric or over animated. His stage eurythmics, see what I did there, (?) are him covering an either inherited or self induced neurological disorder that's alcohol despondent. *Wink* - And THAT'S why he drinks. Not that because he's an Alcoholic or anything. And he's not. He just has to in order to function and perform without having to deal with both either genetic problems and/or self induced problems.

- "The Pale Emperor" was about Marilyn Manson "offing" all of his past roles and exorcising all of his "demons". He was speaking to HIMSELF on that record. It/There wasn't any real message behind it, to any audience that is. And "Deep Six" was him talking about his self doubts and past lives and literally burying them. He's no longer, nor will he ever be your Antichrist Superstar, Omega, Adam Kadmon or Arch Dandy, so stop anticipating/looking for that to return.

- Again - Online Fan Base wise, it was never unusual for a long time to see someone who has/had been on a message board for about 6 - 7 years with a post count above 3000 ....4, 5, 6 Thousand or even more. So for people that think that I talk too much, I do, deal with it you passive aggressive fucking sweethearts you! LOL

- "Born Villain" was rushed - It shouldn't have even been released. I think that it should have been worked on more and also some songs added that may have been better and fit from the alleged "deluxe edition" which I doubt ACTUALLY exists. But there WERE other songs written. It was a lazy record with a few exceptions. The whole "No Reason" statement was more like a "I have no fucking idea what this is about" statement and not a message about "Chaos and Confusion".

- "Arma-Gosh-Darn-Mother-Friggen-Geddon" was SUPPOSED to be a cheesy mockery of trying to be edgy, so stop complaining about it being cheesy. Deal with it.

- Um, Marilyn Manson is Pro-Life

- Marilyn Manson believes in the Afterlife and also Ghosts. He's also NOT an Atheist. He's just against stupidity, organized Religion, particularly the Church/Christian Establishment and the People who follow.

- Marilyn Manson knows more about Religion, Politics and Business than most People are aware of or even know of or are aware of for themselves. He had to dilute his intellect to infiltrate the Mainstream and get a Fan Base Started. One, which, by the way, he mostly resents and mocks. The closer you're allowed to get to him, the more he probably, secretly hates you for the most part. Not all, but most. And I'm not saying that he's a BAD Person. He's not. He just has a lot of good reasons to hate People. He doesn't make and/or keep very many close friends for very long.

- He once described "Sweet Dreams" as a "Cleverly placed piece of cheese in a rat trap.". LOL *Smug Wink*

- Manson has compared himself more to Jesus Christ, (as a real Person and not a Fictional Character), than he has Satan/Lucifer. He's also said that he has a lot more Conservative values than most People think and/or know. That and as we all, or most People know, he said that he'd consider becoming a TV Evangelical Preacher if his musical career didn't take off, so he DOES know his Biblical and ...."Charm" over People type of shit. Alice Cooper was one of his Idols and FAVORITE Artists while growing up, and he's still always been an inspiration to him. And as we know, Alice Cooper is a Christian who made very "Biblical" records. And how often do we hear Marilyn Manson talk about/say that his albums/songs are very BIBLICAL. Alice Cooper ALSO takes every word in The Bible LITERALLY, So...

- He never had a personal feminine side, or at least an intentional one. We're not talking about aesthetics/cosmetics/fashion, we're talking about him Personally.

- People that over analyze his work are often full of shit. And he's called them out on this numerous times. "Prophets of the Thought Free Forums", "I've learned more about myself and what I do than I did while creating those records" ..i.e... *Dry tongue in cheek sarcasm. And, so anyone who is considered, or considers themselves to be "Authorities" on analyzing Marilyn Manson are also mostly full of shit, but they DO seem awfully convincing whenever they "correct" you/anyone else, and respected, now don't they? LOL

- "The Golden Age of Grotesque"
    /"Grotesk Burlesk Tour" was more "SHOCKING" and fucked up than the "Dead to the World Tour". It was also more offensive. He was more erratic on on stage. Um, the B-la-ck Face, (*Note - Minus the red, so that's not "r-aci-st), the Women stage dancers with fake v-agin-as and t-it-s etc... And also the "Tainted Love" Video/Goth Vamp Look actually CLOWNING the current Hip Hop/Rap/Pop Mainstream than trying to be a part of it. It was an "AWFUL", dirty fuc-k-ing record, era and tour....in a/in very GOOD ways. *Smile*

- Oh, and for a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG time, he personified a Donald Trump/Hit-ler type of Character, envisioning of America and I was/we were fans of that. Think about that for a little bit. LOL

- If Marilyn Manson were to have an active interactive account on here, it would probably be named Penance Sentence. Not that Penance Sentence IS Marilyn Manson, but it would just seem fitting.

And AGAIN those are just some of the reasons why I am so much MORE of a fan than you'll ever know....or that I come across as most of the time.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 03-11-2016 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Unecessary Comma's
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

12. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Fans whine about the "effect" on his vocals on EMDM, but what you hear is mostly raw vocals. It was recorded like a blues record, so it's got some grit to it but that album is fairly basic in production and his vocals are not effected compared to prior albums. It was about being raw, and that's what you get.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Marilyn Manson and co need to do a Deezer session.

I love The Pale Emperor, one of his best record with Holy Wood. Awesome photos, cool music videos, great lyrics and designs.
    But I really don't like the Hell not Hallelujah tour. I miss Tyler Bates and Fred, and I still don't get what Paul is doing here. I would kill to see Manson, Twiggy, Tyler, Fred and Gil performing all together (the Hey Cruel World Tour was a lot better to me).

And let's be honnest, the 2015 setlist is too short..

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post