Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Fan Opinions II

Quote Originally Posted by Zimscum View Post
    This is because you're an over conditioned sheep who cannot ingest anything out of the the narrow series of sounds that you've been conditioned to enjoy..
    ...and you're the same guy who said Manson isn't even good anymore. Art in every shape or form is subjective, your opinion doesn't really hold anymore value than mine and vice versa. If you don't like Manson anymore, why are you here?

Everyone has different tastes. You hate TPE, most of us and many others, loved it. People I know in real life, who had never liked Manson, heard Killing Strangers in John Wick and told me how great that song was.

You ain't going to get healthy discussion just by sticking your fingers in your ears and going "I'm right, you're wrong!" and making raspberry noises...cause that's sure how you come across sometimes.

Love ya :p

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Svperstar13 View Post
    raspberry noises...
    hmmmm..... >:)

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

1. Cringeon likes unsweet tea....

If Pale Emperor and Born Villain never existed and we are back in 2010 or so after THEOL came out, the follow up to THEOL would have been much more powerful if it was an album called "Co-Morbid" and the tracklisting was as follows:

1. Killing Strangers
    2. Deep Six
    3. No Reflection
    4. Pistol Whipped
    5. Children Of Cain
    6. Devil Beneath My Feet
    7. Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day
    8. Third Day Of A Seven Day Binge
    9. Overneath The Path Of Misery
    10. Cupid Carries A Gun
    11. Hey Cruel World
    12. Slo-Mo-Tion
    13. Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms
    14. Birds Of Hell Awaiting
    15. Breaking The Same Old Ground
    16. Odds Of Even

This would have been a better album, and it cuts off the fat and keeps the best of both albums. It would have restored everyone's faith in Manson. But I'm not finished yet. A year before this epic "Co-Morbid" album comes out, there should be an E.P. called "The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles" and it would contain all the other tracks that I left out from Born Villain and Pale Emperor and the lead single should have been "You're So Vain" with a really great video co-starring Johnny Depp to build hype for the new album. It could have been a great single and could have charted and been a big hit like Tainted Love was prior to Golden Age and Sweet Dreams was prior to Antichrist. This "Mephistopheles" E.P. would have this track list:

1. The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles
    2. You're So Vain
    3. The Gardener
    4. The Flowers of Evil
    5. Slave Only Dreams To Be King
    6. Disengaged
    7. Born Villain
    8. Warship My Wreck

Edit

Actually, you could probably get away with putting "Killing Strangers" on the E.P. too and keep Hey Cruel World as the opening song of the Co-Morbid Album followed up by Deep Six to keep the energy and heavier vibe going..

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

1. Marilyn Manson is no longer a talented performer or artist.
    2. He has enormous potential to regain his lost talent.
    3. He will never take the necessary steps toward regaining his lost talent or self improvement.
    4. His next album will be a critical failure and will also be his last album.
    5. Twiggy will leave once again within the next 3 years and this time it will be permanent.
    6. Trent is the superior human.
    7. There will be NO Antichrist Superstar reunion or anniversary tour.
    8. Daisy Berkowitz is suicidal
    9. Pogo will be the one who lives out his days as a happy(well fed) man.
    10. Zim Zum will come out of hiding to gather more nuts for the long winter.

Sheesh this one was harsh but SOMEONE had to say it.. I really hope the worse ones aren't true but hey I have no evidence to support anything different :)
    1 & 2. Can someone go from being talented to not talented? I don't know if it works that way. He's probably still as talented as ever, but maybe he's not harnessing (or harvesting) his talent right? But this is entirely subjective.
    3. Who's to say what the future holds? No one could have predicted much of what happened in his career....and at the same strange time, much of his career almost seems somewhat predictable in retrospect. Hindsight is 20/20, I guess.
    4. His next album may or may not be a critical failure. I doubt it will be a failure. But I'd be most of my savings on it NOT being his last album. There is something about the music industry that sucks you back in. How many "Final" tours have bands went on, just to come back again and again. Unless he fucking dies, I think he'll be making albums for years to come, though he might THINK he's not making any more from time to time, and he might even go on a hiatus, perhaps for several years. But Manson is like herpes, he'll always come back.
    5. I think you could be right about this one. But who the fuck knows? I think they are all older and more mature now so maybe not. Maybe Twiggy will stay in Manson for the rest of his life now.
    6. Fuck that. Actually, I don't know enough about Trent or NIN...not a big fan of most of it...but I've been wanting to try and get into it.
    7. There kind of was for the 15th anniversary, so why wouldn't there be for the 20th?
    8. Don't know much about Daisy.
    9. Totally disagree.
    10. I hung with Zim Zum at his bar in Chicago until it closed. He's not exactly out hiding.... he even has an account on Chaturbate and I've seen him posting pervy things to hot girls. I highly doubt he'll ever rejoin Manson.

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Svperstar13 View Post
    Nem, I like you, but you're kidding yourself if you can't hear the abundant distortion.
    I'm not saying it doesn't sound distorted, I'm just saying it doesn't sound like a effect. Maybe the treble was up too high for his vocals?
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I'm not saying it doesn't sound distorted, I'm just saying it doesn't sound like a effect. Maybe the treble was up too high for his vocals?
    Good point. It does sound quite tinny.

Follow PaperDoll on Tumblr Visit PaperDoll's Instagram Channel

1. Marilyn Manson is no longer a talented performer or artist.
    2. He has enormous potential to regain his lost talent.
    This is the most moronic thing I've ever read on here. He has evolved as a person and transformed himself (expected) as an artist but that does not mean he is no longer talented. Talent basically shines out of his ass and he's an artist in every sense of the word.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow PaperDoll on Tumblr Visit PaperDoll's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I totally agree. It gives me a headache. Holy Wood is MM's Masterpiece.
    Agree with both the GAOG (I can't listen to it for too long) and Holy Wood comment.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by PaperDoll View Post
    This is the most moronic thing I've ever read on here. He has evolved as a person and transformed himself (expected) as an artist but that does not mean he is no longer talented. Talent basically shines out of his ass and he's an artist in every sense of the word.
    Quite the argument sir :)
    "claps"