Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Fan Opinions II

Marilyn Manson seems happier and more comfortable on stage during recent tours. I believe that the audience misinterprets his odd humor for drunken antics. I can totally see why people would be frustrated by recent shows especially the fans who have taken a beating by society for being a Marilyn Manson fan. I don’t want him to discontinue having more fun on stage. I just wish he would remember how he felt embarrassed/sorry for the following band to play after them because how weak they would look and sound.

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Manson said "Those who live in the past, deserve to stay there", but I think that if he reflected on the past, he would reflect on himself now, and see the difference, and may or may not like what he sees. I think he should do what he wants to make him happy. Although, if he believes he has the same ability to be as great as he once was, then he could still be... The God Of Fuck.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by grotesquemonkey015 View Post
    Marilyn Manson seems happier and more comfortable on stage during recent tours. I believe that the audience misinterprets his odd humor for drunken antics. I can totally see why people would be frustrated by recent shows especially the fans who have taken a beating by society for being a Marilyn Manson fan. I don’t want him to discontinue having more fun on stage. I just wish he would remember how he felt embarrassed/sorry for the following band to play after them because how weak they would look and sound.
    Wow. You're joking right? The bad sounds PHENOMENAL. No one gets beat up for being a Marilyn Manson fan anymore, (simply for that reason), and if they do, they're probably an asshole. Also, if you can't see that something is bothering him, even though he seems to be having more fun and interacting, what you're seeing is the exact opposite of what a lot of People are.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    Wow. You're joking right? The bad sounds PHENOMENAL. No one gets beat up for being a Marilyn Manson fan anymore, (simply for that reason), and if they do, they're probably an asshole. Also, if you can't see that something is bothering him, even though he seems to be having more fun and interacting, what you're seeing is the exact opposite of what a lot of People are.
    I never once stated that Marilyn Manson sounded crummy live. I think quite the opposite. His voice continues to prosper, and each line up gets better than the last. I could see why some fans would be saddened that he incorporates his humor into performance. Personally I love it, but some are sensitive to change. As for newcomer fans receiving discrimination for being a Marilyn Manson fan I simply don’t know. I grew up in the 90’s, but won’t be senseless enough to live in my “glory days.” I don’t know what is going on in his personal life. I know he doesn’t like the sun maybe that’s bothering him. Some try to read too deep. He is still putting out killer albums, performances, etc.

Saw them live late last year and they were amazing, not sure why are complaining about his performances, even recent live recordings, which are rarely as good sound great.

I agree that his live performances are nowhere near where they used to be, but I think we can all agree they're better than the dark ages of 2007-2012.

When I saw him and the Pumpkins last year, they played Coma White to end. It was like stepping into a time machine back to 1998. It was beautiful.

Nah, 2008 was still prime Manson, that performance of "EAT ME, DRINK ME" aside (I don't think that song can be performed well live). Strangely, Manson was better in 2008 than in 2007 - much better. The Rape Of The World show that I caught just after Twiggy returned was much better than the ones from 2007 I watched on-line.

The Mayhemfest shows from 2009 were probably Manson at his worst. Everything since has been at least marginally better.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Rape of the World Tour was fucking awesome.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    digging too deep TheDrugsLikeMe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Nah, 2008 was still prime Manson, that performance of "EAT ME, DRINK ME" aside (I don't think that song can be performed well live)..
    I agree, I think that's the kind of song that is very very difficult to recapture the atmosphere of when performing live. Plus there's so much shit going on that even with a keyboardist it just doesn't work as well. As for the vocals, without any backing vocals or processing you need to be 100% on point for it to work, and the only performance we have that doesn't demonstrate that.