Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this tour preemptive for an album announcement?

Default Is this tour preemptive for an album announcement?

I realise it's the Antichrist anniversary and money on a Slipknot tour would be huge but given the fact it has been two years, he's obviously been working both in music and in acting so I would say that at the least this year and this tour potentially could lead to new work being announced and possibly released.

What are people's thoughts?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

My thoughts are that The Pale Emperor was only released a year and two months ago, it will likely be some while before another album, unless he plans to do something unexpected in the next ten-or-so months.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Well, they confirmed late last year that were already recording new music, so I hope so.

And seeing as he's guest starring on Salem this season, and that the entire show's tone has changed, I'm hoping he'll debut a new theme song for the show.

Let me dream, dammit.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    My thoughts are that The Pale Emperor was only released a year and two months ago, it will likely be some while before another album, unless he plans to do something unexpected in the next ten-or-so months.
    It feels like it was a lot longer than that. That makes me feel uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    It feels like it was a lot longer than that. That makes me feel uncomfortable.
    Well, to be fair, the album was pretty much done by the summer of 2014 I believe.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    So what? Most of his albums he's released every other year. 94, 96, 98, 2000, then GAOG and LWF was actually back to back in 03 and 04, Finally, EMDM & THEOL came out in 07 and 09

If he's already working on new stuff, maybe he'll finish recording before the Slipknot tour starts or slightly after and we could have a new album around this time next year.

So Mansoniser, the short answer is "maybe", the long answer is "I hope so".

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

This question always pops up a year or so after the release of an album. How many times did MM release 2 albums in 2 consecutive years?
    What?

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Svperstar13 View Post
    Well, they confirmed late last year that were already recording new music, so I hope so.
    Again, this isn't rain on the parade, Manson just says that after most albums have been released. He and Twiggy were supposedly writing material on the road in an Aladdin Sane fashion straight after The High End Of Low, Born Villain still came out three years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Svperstar13 View Post
    Well, to be fair, the album was pretty much done by the summer of 2014 I believe.
    Again, that in itself is still two years after Born Villain.

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    So what?
    Even operating under Cooking Vinyl or moving from different independent labels, there's still going to be a contract involved. Most contracts require a release every two years. You can look at it as "ever other year", but realistically the dates you've listed from over a decade ago are every two years. As the nature of the music business - and Manson's creative interests - have changed since the millennium, so have his album schedules. Now an album will generally get two-and-a-half years to make its mark, and touring has become a massive support structure for that each time. Unlike a lot of his peers, he also seems to have split album interims between acting endeavours, personal interests, and art shows when applicable.

At a push there could be new material as the year closes, but good business sense would put it between the start and middle of next year.
    the LORD god had made
    "

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

^^ your last sentence is basically what I said though. I never thought there would be a release this year... but it's very possible that a new album will be released at some point in 2017. I'm betting on late 2017/early 2018. When you think about it, this year is already pretty filled up and will be over before we know it. It's already mid March...I don't know where the time went, but the summer tour will be starting before we blink an eye. He'll probably be recording up until then, on and off, between other projects. Then, will either wrap up the new album this fall or do his own headlining tour this fall or both. I'm sure a new album announcement is right around the corner...if not this year, then definitely in early 2017 for a summer/fall 2017 release or a spring 2018 release. Just my prediction.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Well there you go, Mansoniser asked for people's thoughts, and it would seem that ours are that a new Marilyn Manson album will likely be released in the same manner as most of the others have. Maybe the tour schedule will allow for some press about new music, it wouldn't be a bad idea, I guess we'll see.
    the LORD god had made
    "

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post