Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this tour preemptive for an album announcement?

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

At this point I don't even think that Marilyn Manson should go by that moniker/pseudonym. It's not who he is anymore. That name isn't what he represents anymore. Other than this tour just being for, as it is his/their JOBS to perform in order to make money, as it is their CAREERS. I don't think that it's preemptive of anything. It'll be just like the last tour, maybe with some cooler or older stage props and maybe a non repetitive past 3 - 4 years Set List here and there at several shows only. Marilyn Manson isn't "Marilyn Manson" anymore. And that's a good thing. He made that statement on The Pale Emperor. He's moving in a direction that a lot of us aren't going to be able to identify with anymore, and in a much more dramatic way than whenever her alienated, no pun intended, a lot of People who formed a Cult Mentality around Antichrist Superstar and then went "What in the FUCK is this?!?!?!?!?
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 03-16-2016 at 04:30 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Aside from your own interpretation (of the lyrics) of The Pale Emperor, it seems evident from the "Hell, Not Hallelujah" tour that he is just as "Marilyn Manson" as ever. Not unlike how he imitated fascist leaders in ACSS, TPE tours have him embodying evangelical preachers. This is reminiscent of POAAF, as the bible belt televangelism was a large portion of his social commentary on that album, but these tours are related in a more satirical way. That part is obvious. Even the pseudo-baptism and "hallelujah's praise Jesus! in the Mephistopheles video and live shows. There doesn't seem to be any sign of him leaving behind this embodiment of characters, even if it's a bit more subtle now or done in less grandiose ways, the aspect is still there. I, for one, look forward to the Slipknot/Joel Osteen Baptist Bible Belt Medicine Roadshow with Faith Healing and Snake Handling.

Btw, I don't completely disagree with you. In fact, I agree with you a lot, honestly. But I just felt it was important for me to step in and attempt to defend an alternate position. Besides, we can't let the public know what we know. It's important to feed the masses disinformation for consumption to protect the investments...

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    a lot of People who formed a Cult Mentality around Antichrist Superstar and then went "What in the FUCK is this?!?!?!?!?
    OMG yes the desertion and tears over MA were amazing!
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    Aside from your own interpretation (of the lyrics) of The Pale Emperor, it seems evident from the "Hell, Not Hallelujah" tour that he is just as "Marilyn Manson" as ever. Not unlike how he imitated fascist leaders in ACSS, TPE tours have him embodying evangelical preachers. This is reminiscent of POAAF, as the bible belt televangelism was a large portion of his social commentary on that album, but these tours are related in a more satirical way. That part is obvious. Even the pseudo-baptism and "hallelujah's praise Jesus! in the Mephistopheles video and live shows. There doesn't seem to be any sign of him leaving behind this embodiment of characters, even if it's a bit more subtle now or done in less grandiose ways, the aspect is still there. I, for one, look forward to the Slipknot/Joel Osteen Baptist Bible Belt Medicine Roadshow with Faith Healing and Snake Handling.

Btw, I don't completely disagree with you. In fact, I agree with you a lot, honestly. But I just felt it was important for me to step in and attempt to defend an alternate position. Besides, we can't let the public know what we know. It's important to feed the masses disinformation for consumption to protect the investments...
    Well, a lot of what The Pale Emperor is, in lyrical context is pretty straightforward and direct. And what I meant by that is that if you travel back in time.......... and watch earlier Marilyn Manson interviews, he talks a lot about what his band and name represent, or represented for a while anyway. It was about in his own words, "The name Marilyn Manson came from watching a lot of talk shows, reading a lot of Hollywood Babble and that type of literature.". Looking back, and as I have for a while now which is why I think that a lot of older People would laugh while he was on TV or read whatever I was reading, (interviews), is how utterly FUCKING ridiculous his/their interviews were. - LOL - His deadpan sarcasm/sense of humor, that I think was brilliant by the way, and I also think was targeted at getting people on the mid to higher end of the Autistic Spectrum to take it seriously enough, without detecting his humor, that they'd identify with how ridiculous it is. I'd even dare to say, even though he had/has a lot of great insights, that he's a natural Comedian. Anyway, I'm straying off course a bit. But the name itself was to portray his art in a very specific way, the dichotomies between Serial Killers and Celebrities and America's obsession with them. Point blank. That and how Antichrist Superstar was about the end of who he was and the world that he was a part of at that time. And that's something, an aspect of his art and music that he's abandoned. He wanted to end that World and part of himself, but a lot of Fans, casual or obsessed always want to keep gravitating toward Antichrist Superstar. In an MTV interview leading up to Holywood he was quoted as saying "The character of Omega has been disposed of, as he was a ruse to lure commercial mall-goers into the web of destruction that I’ve always planned since the beginning, That’s not to say any of the songs on Mechanical Animals were not sincere. Those were all great songs that I loved very much. The character I personified was more of a satire that people misinterpreted as reality.”. And directly followed up by “From now on, you will recognize me by this symbol and this symbol alone (Mercury).”. So.... And one last thing about that for now, until you reply, is that isn't it funny that's what he said and then the next record was The Golden Age of Grotesque? And what is Alchemy in short? Transmutating lead into gold. So, no, he's not Marilyn Manson anymore, as in what, in my opinion, was not supposed to survive that long as a band anyway. It was a mockery of the Industrial/80's and 90's Industrial music as well as Televangical/Talk and Murder Mystery shows. That as well as Celebrity/Icon Worship. It was just an observational schtick. And then his music became so much more introspective.

So, whenever people ask questions like this, which I don't understand, is that don't expect Marilyn Manson to represent you anymore. Don't expect him to be that mirror. I think he did that job very well, even better on The High End of Low, than on previous records actually, but then decided that's not him anymore. The whole "Co-Morbid" idea originally was about an identity crisis and Born Villain, as he described, was "Just the Skeleton". It was very bare bones. People tend to make things to complex whenever it comes to them/him and what he does. That's why I tend to author such ridiculous threads. And with The Pale Emperor, he finally realized how he should have started out. Who he really was as a Person. But again, to stay on topic before I finish this off, I don't think this tour is preemptive of anything. It's their careers. It's their jobs. That's how they make money. And that's not calling Marilyn Manson a sell out, that's just again, his/their jobs.

But yeah, again. Very direct lyrics on The Pale Emperor, even if a good deal of them don't make any sense, people will try to make sense of them even if they weren't supposed to make any sense, particularly. It's an obsession that People can't let go of that he finally has. And I think that we hold him back to a degree by holding him to that standard. We HAVE to know EXACTLY what everything means. What artists inspired him?!?!? What literature or movie was that a reference to?!?!? And now, I don't think he gives a literal flying fuck about any of that. So, the name Marilyn Manson, I think, should be discarded. Even though you can't really do that, and even if he did/were to, People would still know him as Marilyn Manson. So, whenever it comes to this new record, I expect it to carry a lot less of your typical, signature MM signature sound/Imagery as well as any real recognition that fans have always had of him.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    Well, a lot of what The Pale Emperor is, in lyrical context is pretty straightforward and direct. And what I meant by that is that if you travel back in time.......... and watch earlier Marilyn Manson interviews, he talks a lot about what his band and name represent, or represented for a while anyway. It was about in his own words, "The name Marilyn Manson came from watching a lot of talk shows, reading a lot of Hollywood Babble and that type of literature.". Looking back, and as I have for a while now which is why I think that a lot of older People would laugh while he was on TV or read whatever I was reading, (interviews), is how utterly FUCKING ridiculous his/their interviews were. - LOL - His deadpan sarcasm/sense of humor, that I think was brilliant by the way, and I also think was targeted at getting people on the mid to higher end of the Autistic Spectrum to take it seriously enough, without detecting his humor, that they'd identify with how ridiculous it is. I'd even dare to say, even though he had/has a lot of great insights, that he's a natural Comedian. Anyway, I'm straying off course a bit. But the name itself was to portray his art in a very specific way, the dichotomies between Serial Killers and Celebrities and America's obsession with them. Point blank. That and how Antichrist Superstar was about the end of who he was and the world that he was a part of at that time. And that's something, an aspect of his art and music that he's abandoned. He wanted to end that World and part of himself, but a lot of Fans, casual or obsessed always want to keep gravitating toward Antichrist Superstar. In an MTV interview leading up to Holywood he was quoted as saying "The character of Omega has been disposed of, as he was a ruse to lure commercial mall-goers into the web of destruction that I’ve always planned since the beginning, That’s not to say any of the songs on Mechanical Animals were not sincere. Those were all great songs that I loved very much. The character I personified was more of a satire that people misinterpreted as reality.”. And directly followed up by “From now on, you will recognize me by this symbol and this symbol alone (Mercury).”. So.... And one last thing about that for now, until you reply, is that isn't it funny that's what he said and then the next record was The Golden Age of Grotesque? And what is Alchemy in short? Transmutating lead into gold. So, no, he's not Marilyn Manson anymore, as in what, in my opinion, was not supposed to survive that long as a band anyway. It was a mockery of the Industrial/80's and 90's Industrial music as well as Televangical/Talk and Murder Mystery shows. That as well as Celebrity/Icon Worship. It was just an observational schtick. And then his music became so much more introspective.

So, whenever people ask questions like this, which I don't understand, is that don't expect Marilyn Manson to represent you anymore. Don't expect him to be that mirror. I think he did that job very well, even better on The High End of Low, than on previous records actually, but then decided that's not him anymore. The whole "Co-Morbid" idea originally was about an identity crisis and Born Villain, as he described, was "Just the Skeleton". It was very bare bones. People tend to make things to complex whenever it comes to them/him and what he does. That's why I tend to author such ridiculous threads. And with The Pale Emperor, he finally realized how he should have started out. Who he really was as a Person. But again, to stay on topic before I finish this off, I don't think this tour is preemptive of anything. It's their careers. It's their jobs. That's how they make money. And that's not calling Marilyn Manson a sell out, that's just again, his/their jobs.

But yeah, again. Very direct lyrics on The Pale Emperor, even if a good deal of them don't make any sense, people will try to make sense of them even if they weren't supposed to make any sense, particularly. It's an obsession that People can't let go of that he finally has. And I think that we hold him back to a degree by holding him to that standard. We HAVE to know EXACTLY what everything means. What artists inspired him?!?!? What literature or movie was that a reference to?!?!? And now, I don't think he gives a literal flying fuck about any of that. So, the name Marilyn Manson, I think, should be discarded. Even though you can't really do that, and even if he did/were to, People would still know him as Marilyn Manson. So, whenever it comes to this new record, I expect it to carry a lot less of your typical, signature MM signature sound/Imagery as well as any real recognition that fans have always had of him.
    I'm not trying to sound like a dick. But to me, this read was such a mess of ideas. You excoriate fans for "reading too much" into his art, yet you're the one making fanciful, contrived statements/speculations about the "Golden" in The Golden Age of Grotesque was actually a reference to alchemy, based loosely and solely on a single interview of which a nebular statement was made by Manson? Also, you're doing the MOST "reading into" The Pale Emperor. It's really interesting, actually. You seem to be doing EXACTLY what you claim other people are doing. One of the many beauties of art is that it's subjective and there is no right or wrong answers, necessarily. If you love and enjoy your own interpretation, that's great. We all do exactly the same, whether we're consciously aware of it or not. No one has a key to his brain and can know for absolutely sure what his thoughts or intentions are, though some great theories have been presented throughout the years.

Not to discredit everything I've just written above, but again, I actually agree with you though. He's CLEARLY not the same Manson as he was in the 90's, or even early 2000's. Everyone thought EMDM and THEOL were more "Brian Warner" albums. I think we'd both agree they were not. Though the message and focal point was strikingly different than previous albums, they were still very much in line with "Marilyn Manson" the entity. All of the albums were/are. Even Born Villain. I like what he was trying to do with Born Villain. Or, I should say, my interpretation of Born Villain. That is--a study into nature/nurture, is there such thing as born villains/natural born killers? I can also see how mental illness and co-morbid fits in with the concept. I recall interviews around that time...perhaps on That Metal Show...where he said ALL of his albums are concept albums, including BV. I do wish he would have fleshed out the lyrics a little better. I think it's a great idea and had the potential to be one of his best concept albums, I just wish he would have seen it through a little more thoroughly, like with Holy Wood or Golden Age. Anyway, I'm rambling. Why shouldn't modern Manson represent certain people? I don't mean that as a question of "why can't Manson be as he was". I mean that in regards to your quote "...don't expect Marilyn Manson to represent you anymore". Who are you referring to? I'm sure there is some kid out there somewhere, who felt The Pale Emperor represented them perfectly.

I wish I could answer and address more of what you wrote, but I don't feel like re-reading it a bunch of times and addressing every little point you made that I think is subject to question.

I will say that I think you're fooling yourself if you think that somehow Manson regrets the moniker "Marilyn Manson", or that he wishes he never have done it or something. He's made a fortune off of what he does and he has the greatest job in the world. Sure it comes with a whole different set of problems, but it's still the greatest job in the world. I don't think he's complaining. He can go and do whatever he wants and make whatever kind of music and lyrics and people will still like it. It's the greatest position to be in if you're an artist. That being said, (if he gives a shit at all about his fans, which I know he does) he does have a bit of a responsibility to make something fun that his fans will enjoy. Not that he has to, he could go and do whatever the fuck he wants. But he did write the kind of music he WANTED to write in the early days. I'm sure he's not upset about it. Did his tastes change completely? He didn't HAVE to make ACSS. He could have went and made a pop album or country or whatever he wanted. He did exactly what he wanted and still is to this day. "Marilyn Manson" is a brand name. He would be insane to want to kill it off. It IS his job/career. The only point to any of this is trying to have fun and make some cool shit for fans entertainment, and make a living off of doing what you love. There is nothing for him to complain about -- at least, that's somewhat of what I'm getting from your post. That he doesn't want to be that character or he doesn't relate to it anymore. That's nonsense. That character "Marilyn Manson" is whatever the fuck he wants it to be. It was the "Antichrist" and it was "Omega" and the "Arch Dandy" and if Born Villain was the "psychiatrist album", fine (LOL), and The Pale Emperor can be his nutty Peter Popoff ministry crusade healing heathens in sweaty church tents hahaha.

Point is......I'm not sure what the point is anymore...lol I think we're all thinking too hard about nothing. He's going to do what he's going to do, and we're either going to like it or we're not....

You said:

"But yeah, again. Very direct lyrics on The Pale Emperor, even if a good deal of them don't make any sense, people will try to make sense of them even if they weren't supposed to make any sense, particularly. It's an obsession that People can't let go of that he finally has.".

Can't you see the contradiction there? That's EXACTLY what you're doing! LOL. "Very direct" yet the lyrics "don't make any sense". How are they direct then? lol You say "people will try to make sense of them...." which is just what you're doing---trying to make sense of something the way you know how....in this case, it's ruminating whether he wants to be Marilyn Manson or not. "It's an obsession that People can't let go of that he finally has (let go of)". You are partaking this obsession yourself, whether you realize it or not.

I'm not sure what else to say because I no longer remember the original question or the reason behind this dialogue... Oh well. Good talking to you as always. I hope I didn't come off as though I was attacking you. Again, I kind of agree that he wants to move away from his old shit and yeah, maybe he feels a little tied down or held back by it as an artist. If that's the case, it's just in his head though. But I can see why it would be such a struggle...especially for someone Co-Morbid! ;)
    Last edited by M Tragedy666; 03-17-2016 at 03:12 AM.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick. But to me, this read was such a mess of ideas. You excoriate fans for "reading too much" into his art, yet you're the one making fanciful, contrived statements/speculations about the "Golden" in The Golden Age of Grotesque was actually a reference to alchemy, based loosely and solely on a single interview of which a nebular statement was made by Manson? Also, you're doing the MOST "reading into" The Pale Emperor. It's really interesting, actually. You seem to be doing EXACTLY what you claim other people are doing. One of the many beauties of art is that it's subjective and there is no right or wrong answers, necessarily. If you love and enjoy your own interpretation, that's great. We all do exactly the same, whether we're consciously aware of it or not. No one has a key to his brain and can know for absolutely sure what his thoughts or intentions are, though some great theories have been presented throughout the years.

Not to discredit everything I've just written above, but again, I actually agree with you though. He's CLEARLY not the same Manson as he was in the 90's, or even early 2000's. Everyone thought EMDM and THEOL were more "Brian Warner" albums. I think we'd both agree they were not. Though the message and focal point was strikingly different than previous albums, they were still very much in line with "Marilyn Manson" the entity. All of the albums were/are. Even Born Villain. I like what he was trying to do with Born Villain. Or, I should say, my interpretation of Born Villain. That is--a study into nature/nurture, is there such thing as born villains/natural born killers? I can also see how mental illness and co-morbid fits in with the concept. I recall interviews around that time...perhaps on That Metal Show...where he said ALL of his albums are concept albums, including BV. I do wish he would have fleshed out the lyrics a little better. I think it's a great idea and had the potential to be one of his best concept albums, I just wish he would have seen it through a little more thoroughly, like with Holy Wood or Golden Age. Anyway, I'm rambling. Why shouldn't modern Manson represent certain people? I don't mean that as a question of "why can't Manson be as he was". I mean that in regards to your quote "...don't expect Marilyn Manson to represent you anymore". Who are you referring to? I'm sure there is some kid out there somewhere, who felt The Pale Emperor represented them perfectly.

I wish I could answer and address more of what you wrote, but I don't feel like re-reading it a bunch of times and addressing every little point you made that I think is subject to question.

I will say that I think you're fooling yourself if you think that somehow Manson regrets the moniker "Marilyn Manson", or that he wishes he never have done it or something. He's made a fortune off of what he does and he has the greatest job in the world. Sure it comes with a whole different set of problems, but it's still the greatest job in the world. I don't think he's complaining. He can go and do whatever he wants and make whatever kind of music and lyrics and people will still like it. It's the greatest position to be in if you're an artist. That being said, (if he gives a shit at all about his fans, which I know he does) he does have a bit of a responsibility to make something fun that his fans will enjoy. Not that he has to, he could go and do whatever the fuck he wants. But he did write the kind of music he WANTED to write in the early days. I'm sure he's not upset about it. Did his tastes change completely? He didn't HAVE to make ACSS. He could have went and made a pop album or country or whatever he wanted. He did exactly what he wanted and still is to this day. "Marilyn Manson" is a brand name. He would be insane to want to kill it off. It IS his job/career. The only point to any of this is trying to have fun and make some cool shit for fans entertainment, and make a living off of doing what you love. There is nothing for him to complain about -- at least, that's somewhat of what I'm getting from your post. That he doesn't want to be that character or he doesn't relate to it anymore. That's nonsense. That character "Marilyn Manson" is whatever the fuck he wants it to be. It was the "Antichrist" and it was "Omega" and the "Arch Dandy" and if Born Villain was the "psychiatrist album", fine (LOL), and The Pale Emperor can be his nutty Peter Popoff ministry crusade healing heathens in sweaty church tents hahaha.

Point is......I'm not sure what the point is anymore...lol I think we're all thinking too hard about nothing. He's going to do what he's going to do, and we're either going to like it or we're not....

You said:

"But yeah, again. Very direct lyrics on The Pale Emperor, even if a good deal of them don't make any sense, people will try to make sense of them even if they weren't supposed to make any sense, particularly. It's an obsession that People can't let go of that he finally has.".

Can't you see the contradiction there? That's EXACTLY what you're doing! LOL. "Very direct" yet the lyrics "don't make any sense". How are they direct then? lol You say "people will try to make sense of them...." which is just what you're doing---trying to make sense of something the way you know how....in this case, it's ruminating whether he wants to be Marilyn Manson or not. "It's an obsession that People can't let go of that he finally has (let go of)". You are partaking this obsession yourself, whether you realize it or not.

I'm not sure what else to say because I no longer remember the original question or the reason behind this dialogue... Oh well. Good talking to you as always. I hope I didn't come off as though I was attacking you. Again, I kind of agree that he wants to move away from his old shit and yeah, maybe he feels a little tied down or held back by it as an artist. If that's the case, it's just in his head though. But I can see why it would be such a struggle...especially for someone Co-Morbid! ;)
    I don't think that you're a dick. But you're a self admitted "Semi-Conscious" reader/discussion holder. - LOL - And I even, again, explained why I make such "Fanciful" threads. I've explained this for years, but I think that sometimes certain People from this fan base or who are/have been a part of these forums over the MANY years, either have Post Concusssive Encephalopathy or just have some sort of fucked up egocentricity problems that I like to have fun with myself. And it wasn't a "Mess of Ideas". It contained direct quotes from Marilyn Manson as well as statements about his tongue in cheek style of speaking, which has always been very well known. Not to a lot of "Fan by Identity" types of People, but to, I don't know, who aren't mentally retarded? I'm not calling you mentally retarded, by the way. Again, like I've said, The Pale Emperor is confusing to most, and is also considered his greatest record since Mechanical Animals, because of how direct and straightforward it is. Even if it doesn't make coherent sense to us at points, it did/does to him. And you're right about me doing exactly what other People are doing. I've had to explain this for YEARS. But it's more in an overblown, ridiculous, jerking off kind of way. For entertainment purposes only. I'/I've admitted that numerous times. But oh well, whatever, nevermind. Anyways...

And I was going to address everything that you've had to say, but I think that you like debate just for the sake of it. And I don't really think you take People's thoughts into consideration. I know/I've known a lot of People like that. That's why I'm perceived as such a fucking asshole. Because at the end of the day, I know that no one is really going to change their minds on certain things or even give any thought to those alternative, as you've said, subjective observations/theories. So, with that said. Even though I took almost everything I had to say FROM what Marilyn Manson has said...I guess it was all just one big "Mess" of things that I think and pretend to know. I gotcha. And again, I don't think that you're a dick. But I do think that you're a Person who proved my point ....that I made using quotes from Marilyn Manson and again, re-explaining myself which I'm just going to stop doing. This is why I don't bother trying to engage people rationally. Because everyone is wrong, full of shit, especially whenever you're in a Fan Base with a Cult Mentality. And especially if you, not YOU necessarily, need Marilyn Manson to be an incarnation of whatever Character he's played to live vicariously through. So, again, thanks for proving my point...that I used Marilyn Manson's own words to point certain things out about. Another *Actual LOL - More like an Un-Fucking-Believable inner chuckle.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Sorry. I guess I didn't understand. My black.

I know I personally don't gravitate toward Antichrist Superstar. In fact, it was never one of my favorites of his. I remember being a bit shocked when I first joined these boards at the amount of love that album got, because I don't think it's any better than any of the rest. So, I'm definitely not trying to hold him to a certain character or ideology. I also find he very funny. He is a comedian and those interviews, though witty, were funny. He was so deadpan and just fucking with people half the time. Maybe not unlike what you do here.

I guess I'm just saying he does what he wants to do. If you think he has regrets and he's thinking too hard about how fans view him, you might be right in which case Manson should take a step back and not care so much what people think. I don't care if he never makes another ACSS. I like TPE a lot. I don't understand all of it. But I like it. I don't understand anything Rob Zombie has ever written, so I'm used to incoherent nonsensical lyrics. Not that TPE is that way. In fact, Deep Six happens to be a song that makes a lot of sense to me.

Hmmm. I don't know. I'm sorry for proving your point though, that's something I definitely was not trying to do! lol I hate if it I really do debate just for the sake of debating. My father is like that, and it's annoying as fuck. I get a good skepticism, but anyway, my intent is not to just fight and argue with whatever anyone says. So sorry if that is how I come across. I think more so is just that I....didn't understand what you were getting at. "Marilyn Manson" is a brand name and an "auteur" in a sense. He capitalizes on being the "outsider" and counts on his fans viewing him as "authentic" and "anti-mainstream". This is part of what makes it successful. Filmmakers do this all the time. They're actually working completely IN the system, but they basically manipulate their stupid fans into thinking they are fighting the system, even though they are in fact a part of it. Manson counts on being viewed by us as the "auteur". That's not to say it's fake or a lie, and there is some truth in it too, but these are just the facts.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Sorry. I guess I didn't understand. My black.

I know I personally don't gravitate toward Antichrist Superstar. In fact, it was never one of my favorites of his. I remember being a bit shocked when I first joined these boards at the amount of love that album got, because I don't think it's any better than any of the rest. So, I'm definitely not trying to hold him to a certain character or ideology. I also find he very funny. He is a comedian and those interviews, though witty, were funny. He was so deadpan and just fucking with people half the time. Maybe not unlike what you do here.

I guess I'm just saying he does what he wants to do. If you think he has regrets and he's thinking too hard about how fans view him, you might be right in which case Manson should take a step back and not care so much what people think. I don't care if he never makes another ACSS. I like TPE a lot. I don't understand all of it. But I like it. I don't understand anything Rob Zombie has ever written, so I'm used to incoherent nonsensical lyrics. Not that TPE is that way. In fact, Deep Six happens to be a song that makes a lot of sense to me.

Hmmm. I don't know. I'm sorry for proving your point though, that's something I definitely was not trying to do! lol I hate if it I really do debate just for the sake of debating. My father is like that, and it's annoying as fuck. I get a good skepticism, but anyway, my intent is not to just fight and argue with whatever anyone says. So sorry if that is how I come across. I think more so is just that I....didn't understand what you were getting at. "Marilyn Manson" is a brand name and an "auteur" in a sense. He capitalizes on being the "outsider" and counts on his fans viewing him as "authentic" and "anti-mainstream". This is part of what makes it successful. Filmmakers do this all the time. They're actually working completely IN the system, but they basically manipulate their stupid fans into thinking they are fighting the system, even though they are in fact a part of it. Manson counts on being viewed by us as the "auteur". That's not to say it's fake or a lie, and there is some truth in it too, but these are just the facts.
    Yeah, just like Rage Against the Machine were on a Mainstream Record Label, yet were wearing "Evil Empire" T-Shirts while yelling "FUCK THE CORPORATIONS, MAN!". The same with people such as Marilyn Manson and so many others, they're businessmen also, really. And People either tend to not know that/not be aware of it or just completely ignore it. And yeah, yes. He was fucking with People half of the time and he still does. Though I'd put that percentage at about 70% joking, 29% being serious, 1% Okay, there's something in his system and I don't know what in the fuck just happened. LOL
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Manson played his fans like a game over and over. He has even stated back in the day he found it amusing to see how far he could take the stupidity of the mindless. He never wanted to be mimicked by his fans or blindly followed.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post