Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Autobiographical HBO series. Cast wishes?

Default Marilyn Manson Autobiographical HBO series. Cast wishes?

Stupid Fun post time!

I've long thought that the story of Marilyn Manson(band and person) could made into a very good TV series. It would be too long to be just a movie.
    I wanna hear what you guys think about who could play who. The actors you choose could be alive or dead or past their prime. I will give you a list of characters and you tell me who you think could play them the best in this hypothetical series.

The series would start off during the car ride from Ohio to Florida. So creepy grandpa wont be in the show :(

Characters...
    1. Marilyn Manson
    2. Daisy Berkwoitz
    3. Gidget Gein(They could do an entire season JUST on the drama with Brad)
    4. Pogo
    5. Twiggy
    6. Missi
    7. Trent Reznor

I guess the first season would have to be the story of the Spooky Kids and would end with Gidget reading the letter of his removal in the hospital as Christmas music plays in the background.

Alright gimme your picks for the cast and characters.

I wanna play MYSELF and be the 1st Person POV cameraman who gets too close the action, just like the cameraman in Cloverfield (also named Hudson!), except instead of that monster killing me at the end, the single, uncut take would suddenly turn into a sequel to Groupie, wherein I wind up bound-and-gagged and terrified in Manson's torture chair until I die with a smile on my face in the last few frames because I know I just shot THE MOST AWESOME FUCKING MANSON BOOTLEG EVER.

\m/

3. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Wouldn't even Gein, Daisy, Reznor and Missi be foot notes in the big scheme of things? The OJ Simpson series was like 10 episodes, you'd move in and out of the SK-SLC period in one or two episodes max. I think you need to broaden your character scope a bit ;)
    Long Hard Road book gives me the perfect narration of the start of the band, I'm more interested in the Mechanical Animals on ward period. It's kinda funny the autobiography was written right on the cusp on when he'd "make it big". ACSS was a hit, but Dope Show totally cemented Manson in a pool much larger than where he was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Wouldn't even Gein, Daisy, Reznor and Missi be foot notes in the big scheme of things? The OJ Simpson series was like 10 episodes, you'd move in and out of the SK-SLC period in one or two episodes max. I think you need to broaden your character scope a bit ;)
    Long Hard Road book gives me the perfect narration of the start of the band, I'm more interested in the Mechanical Animals on ward period. It's kinda funny the autobiography was written right on the cusp on when he'd "make it big". ACSS was a hit, but Dope Show totally cemented Manson in a pool much larger than where he was before.
    Uh....
    That's great! Of course there would be an entire season dedicated to the mechanical animals era. But they would have to tell the previous eras first?
    NOT sure wtf your point is... :|
    You had to have been either high or drunk as you posted this sir >:(
    Last edited by Zimscum; 04-15-2016 at 04:28 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Why not just have Marilyn Manson play Marilyn Manson? Billy Bob Thornton should be in it for sure. Sid Haig could play his grandpa. I want this to be a real series now....

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    Why not just have Marilyn Manson play Marilyn Manson? Billy Bob Thornton should be in it for sure. Sid Haig could play his grandpa. I want this to be a real series now....
    Would need to find an actor to play young Manson...

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Billy Bob Thornton should be in everything. Sid Haig would be awesome as his Grandfather. Manson has stated he would not want to play as himself, years ago when they wanted to make his book a movie.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

They could make him look close to how he looked. Or he could just say fuck it and look as he does now and force the audience to use their imaginations like how Howard Stern did in Private Parts.

But I don't think he should play himself anyway. I think he forgot how to play himself in the first place, and that's why he's not the same Manson now as he once was.... but this is a separate topic

I'm bad at this. I don't watch tv or stay in tune with pop culture enough to know a ton of actors to recommend. Johnny Depp and Ron Jeremy would have to be in it though. Maybe Evan Rachel Wood could play Evan Rachel Wood's character LOL Rose McGowen is a good actress they could tap. And to play his burlesque star wife, I'd recommend maybe Dita Von Teese. She looks quite a lot like her.

Please DO NOT have Tim Burton direct this shit.... the whole thing will be CGI and it will suck. Maybe Mel Gibson could play Trent and Arnold Schwarzenegger could play pogo. Vin Diesel could play Anton LaVey.

Sorry I can't really contribute. I suck total ass.

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

I strongly suspect that most of this project already happened in front of a camera FOR REAL and we just haven't seen all the footage yet.

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Manson should recite bedtime stories to the background sounds of him stirring iced tea...